The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City
Americana Hotel(Arlington)
Crystal Gateway Marriott(Arlington)
  • Room Service
1,689 results
All reviewspentagon cityclub levelturn down serviceshopping mallnice mallmetro stopfashion centreeasy accessdc areawonderful stayfitness centerindoor poolreagan airporthotel restaurantconvenient locationrcsonia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed here for three nights on a business trip. The hotel is about a 10 minute ride from the airport. Next store there is a large shopping mall and across the street, Best Buy, Cosco and other stores.

The hotel is older, but the rooms had been updated. The beds are plush pillow tops with assorted pillows. My room had a flat screen tv, a mini bar, desk and a nice chair to watch TV.

The staff is extremely friendly and I enjoyed my stay.

One two minor complaints, one the desk chair is a old style chair. Which means if you are using the desk with your computer, it does not adjust. Also while the TV is a flat screen, it does not have a why for you to plug in an HDMI cable from your computer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gregbooras
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed here because I was at a conference held at this hotel. I really have no complaints. From check-in to room service to check-out, each staff member was above-and-beyond helpful and friendly. The room service food was very good - excellent French Onion Soup and a vegetable wrap. The shower was strong and - on day 1 - the towels were fluffy. Day 2, the towels were thinner. So - variability on that front. I really liked the convenience of the hotel being attached to a huge 4-story mall and a metro stop. The room was standard, but roomy, in my opinion, and the bed was comfy. This was my first stay at a Ritz, so others may not be so impressed with this: I thought it was great that I could fill out a form to have my boarding pass printed off for me and it was delivered to my room. Nice! I would definitely consider returning here for a vacation stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeana P
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I am giving this hotel a VERY GOOD rating because it's above average. That said, it wasn't what I have come to expect from Ritz Carlton properties. That being said, as of this writing, I have been in contact with hotel management and have resolved my issues.

In past RC stays, the doorman has read my name off my luggage tag. Here, upon exiting the cab, the man asked my name. Strange as he took the bag out of the taxi. He escorted me to the front desk and I checked in. I was able to get a room early in the day so that was nice.

My room was a king overlooking the roof of the mall that's attached to the hotel. It was very clean and comfortable, but really nothing spectacular, though I will say that the bed was very comfy and I got an excellent night's sleep.

I did not eat at the hotel, nor did I have occasion to use the lobby bar. Instead, I walked to the mall for meals. Prices on the menu; however, were typical of a nice hotel in the DC area, not really too expensive, but certainly not cheap.

My main issues were that the staff just wasn't friendly overall (except for housekeeping.) In fact, at one point, the concierge was texting on a cell phone behind the concierge staff.

Any time I stay in an RC hotel, there seems to be some sort of renovating going on. In this case, there was a part of the lobby that was closed off behind a curtain. Not sure what's going on as it was a holiday weekend, but for some reason, I always seem to run into some sort of face lift in Ritz hotels.

Internet was free due to my Marriott Rewards status, and it was fairly quick, though I had to log in several times which was sort of annoying. The TV channel selections were decent as well. The air conditioning had some problems as the temperature was set at 64 degrees and it was STILL very hot.

A nice touch is that there is complimentary coffee available in the lobby in the morning, and I was glad to see the coffee station when I arrived, and the next morning upon waking up.

As I mentioned before, the hotel is attached to the Fashion Center at Pentagon City, and a METRO station which makes for easy access to DCA and downtown DC, as well as the surrounding areas. Parking appeared to be valet only, and about $35 per night. As I had taken the train to DC, I had no reason to use the parking.

As for why I wasn't totally happy with my stay, well, it just wasn't what I have come to expect from a Ritz Carlton. Really, my stay was no more special than it was at any other hotel. The facility itself is nice, if a bit tired and in need of a bit more modern furnishings. I didn't really feel welcomed nor valued as a guest. It's these intangibles that can make or break a stay for me and in my opinion, this hotel just didn't make me feel welcome.

Again, I communicated with the management of the hotel and I am happy with the resolution. There really isn't anything wrong with the hotel overall other than needing a little fluffing up and maybe some hospitality training for the associates.

I won't rule out a future visit, and I will give the hotel a chance to redeem itself. That being said, if upon subsequent stays, I still feel the same way, I will choose another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

So, in my mind "the ritz" always has meant excellent service, well, not here. It is an overpriced room because it connects to the mall and is near the metro stop. I booked a Travelocity deal that included a $50 breakfast credit, not none of the staff could explain it to me. I had a horrible instance with the valet fighting with me to take my bags, even though they were wedged between my legs in the front seat, and I had a time trying to talk to the room service staff. In addition, the house keeping staff took my toothbrush out of my personal toothbrush holder just to put it on a washcloth. They also put my gradmother's medicine in a drawer- not understanding that one...

However, the Main restaurant was beyond fabulous. It was potentially the best breakfast I have ever had. I may make a trip back for their orange juice and fitness breakfast. The staff was super accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Candiejo
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Staff were TERRIFIC! The property itself did not reflect what one expects from a Ritz-Carlton.
If you book a stay here, realize that you're getting a "Ritz-Carlton Lite". A fine average hotel, but not a Ritz-Carlton.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends