“Great Hotel & Service!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I were recently in DC for an event and to visit friends/family. We stayed for
eight nights at the Ritz at Pentagon City. We had s suite and the service from arrival to departure was excellent. The staff were very attentive and friendly at all times. Two of the days it was raining when we left the hotel and the valets were kind enough to let us use a Ritz umbrella all day, without asking how long, etc., etc.

We also liked that you now need your room key to access the hotel from the Mall. This allows only guests of the hotel in.

I will say though that the bathrooms off the lobby need a bit of renovating as they are starting to get a bit "tired" and beat up. I am always rating the ladies restrooms (as are most women) and when I went to use the Women's room off the lobby, I decided to just go back up to my room.
My brother-in-law was visiting us that day and he commented on the Men's restroom, that it was 'beat-up' and needed renovating. That's the only negative on the hotel.

We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Not sure what side we were on, but we had a corner suite and heard no noise. The hotel is very quie...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a 2 day conference and found every aspect of my stay completely enjoyable. It was extremely clean, the service was amazing, and I loved that it was attached to a 3-story high-end mall (the only deterent to spending more time in the mall were the insanely large groups of teenagers congesting it). There was also a lovely pedestrian area with shops and restaurants behind the hotel.

Bring cash to tip all of the people who are going to assist you during your stay.

Room Tip: If I had one complaint it would be that the walls are fairly thin, and the second night of my stay t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here during a 3 day medical meeting. What you would expect from a Ritz in terms of service - kind and friendly with a 'can do' attitude... but the rooms were sort of a let down. They weren't terrible - just a bit worn and dated. Room was clean and comfortable though. Had an excellent lunch at their restaurant Fyve. Super flavorful and healthy - Ahi Nicoise salad.

Hotel is connected to a bustling and over crowded shopping mall. I think all the DC kid tour groups make a stop here... yikes! Great location for access to the metro (directly across the street) making it easy to get anywhere in DC quickly.

I would not pay more than 2-3 hundred bucks out of my own pocket to stay here. Not a bad place to stay though...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 4Joie_De_Vivre
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff of the hotel was fabulous. From arrival to departure the hotel staff made my visit very pleasant. Front desk, restaurant staff and bar staff went above and beyond to be accommodating. I look forward to my next visit. The location is superb and the access to the mall is a great addition to any trip whether for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Great location next to Metro. Service is beyond description even for similar hotels. They are at the top of the game in every respect (food, service etc). They not only meet your needs, they anticipate them.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for my brother's wedding with my wife and numerous other family members for a long weekend. Obviously the Ritz is known for it's amazing service but I was once again blown away by the lengths the staff went to ensure we had an amazing stay. Ester in guest services was very helpful in arranging some special items prior to our stay and even met us when she found out we were checking in. Bryan at Fyve Lounge was equally amazing in ensuring that we were all fed and "hydrated" as we relaxed in his bar each evening (I swear he lives there as he was there morning, noon and night!). We stayed on the club level and loved the service as well as the Club Lounge. We plan on coming back!

Room Tip: Stay on the club level is possible. The endless goodies, etc. on the Club Lounge are a great option...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We spent a long weekened while visiting Washington, D.C. with our young sons. The proximity to the Metro (right outside!) is amazing and the access to the Pentagon Mall was great. Could use some updating, however, the staff was pleasant and we would definately return!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC
Dupont Circle
The Hay-Adams
The Hay-Adams
#5 of 142 in Washington DC

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City? Share your experiences!