It is in a great location for visiting DC and surrounding areas. It is connected to the Pentagon Mall and on the metro line. Not the fanciest of all Ritz locations buts still very nice. Expect families on weekends so please no dirty looks at the kids when they are acting like kids in the lobby. 4/5 stars only because they dropped the ball on a few opportunities to provide 5 * service. When we made reservations through Ritz reservations they asked who was traveling, when we said we were with kids, they said the concierge would do something for them especially since it was one of their birthdays (nothing was ever mentioned or happened), When we requested Easter baskets from the concierge (to buy) they had no idea of how to get them, why they did try to offer to try to do something, I just expected they might have planned for this so many families there for the holiday. Minor issues with the TV channels (not working) and phone (clarity & static) but we did not complain. Sofa in our suite had stains on pillows and the sofa bed was very uncomfortable but the kids 2 & 4 did not complain. Suite was a very nice size with 1 ½ baths. Pool is smaller and was crowded but a nice feature. Most of the staff is first rate especially F&B and the front door. Please do not expect ultra-premium Ritz service (Key Biscayne, Palm Beach). In the hotels defense the price is not at that level either. It is a very nice place at a very fair price for the level of service and its size it is not a small boutique hotel it has 360 rooms. Many great restraint choices are close to the hotel at all price points. We ate many meals at the hotel and all were very good to excellent including the Easter brunch. While the special Easter brunch was very good it did not rise to the level of a Breakers Sunday brunch.
Would I stay there again definitely if the price was right, we had a suite bed and breakfast package which included parking for about the price of a standard room in town at a 5* hotel.
Good Tips: Metro is not cheap or that stroller friendly if going in to DC with a family. Drive in especially on the weekend driving is not a bad choice and probably cheaper than the metro for the family, parking is not too expensive in the garages near the mall (ten to fifteen for the day). Put it in a lot as meters are usually only 2 hours and tickets are expensive. Zoo parking fills up fast --reserve online for parking if possible or risk not getting parking (twenty two for the day).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the banks of the Potomac River and only moments from Washington, DC, The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City offers a hotel experience that beautifully blends modern luxury and traditional touches. Here guests can enjoy easy access to historic monuments, world-class museums, fine dining and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Marriott and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City Hotel Arlington
- Ritz Arlington
- Ritz-Carlton Arlington
- Arlington Ritz-Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Pentagon City