In short, if you have work in VA but your partner, spouse, kids are with you and they want to do the tourist thing in DC - this is the prefect high end hotel. Not trendy, not modern but up to date, fresh and comfortable.
This was not my first choice but it worked out best since I was there for work in Alexandria and the boyfriend was going to do the tourist thing in DC while I worked. Somehow we got a corner room at the hotel with a good view (could see the pentagon). The hotel is located so close to the metro you can literally throw a stone and hit it from the front door. The staff was friendly and generally helpful (although I did call down on two occasions and was told that we'd get a call back but didn't.) There were very minor problems with the room 1) one of the phones didn't work (someone prior to me got to agressive with unplugging it and as a result it no longer would stay plugged in.) 2) the water pressure in the shower was too low and the sink drain plug wouldn't stay up so we had to reach in to pull it up for the sink to drain (yuck). 3) I noticed only because I had to pick up something off the floor that under the dresser was an unopened pack of coffee and a swizzle stick that had probably been there since before we checked in (had fallen down the back out of reach of the vacuum). And on the last day the toilet only did very weak flushes (would not have passed the golf ball flush test from that toilet commercial). I know all this sounds bad but it was REALLY a very pleasant stay. I'd definitely go back. Those things were minor and to be honest we didn't ask for any of them to be fixed (didn't complain). The turn down service was fantastic (free bottled water replaced twice a day - LOVED that.). The hotel itself in a perfect location and the staff helpful when needed but not constantly there when not needed. My boyfriend forgot his umbrella and they liberally loaned them out to us. Apples by the front door. Choice of newspapers delivered. Coffee and tea too downstairs and in the room. Comfy robes. All the tourist buses pick up steps from the hotel which is super convenient. I spent an entire morning and afternoon working in the room and the maid was awesome - she cleaned quietly around me and asked my permission before she turned on the vacuum cleaner. Saw her several times. She seemed like a lovely person.
I highly recommend this hotel at a 4.5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the banks of the Potomac River and only moments from Washington, DC, The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City offers a hotel experience that beautifully blends modern luxury and traditional touches. Here guests can enjoy easy access to historic monuments, world-class museums, fine dining and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City Hotel Arlington
- Ritz Arlington
- Ritz-Carlton Arlington
- Arlington Ritz-Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Pentagon City