The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City
Comfort Inn Ballston(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$161
ComfortInn
$229
Renaissance Hotels
  • Room Service
$170
Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$170
$279
$249
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$144
$140
EconoLodge
$209
$133
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Centric Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$202
$189
$259
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
1,702 results
All reviewspentagon cityclub levelturn down serviceshopping mallnice mallmetro stopfashion centreeasy accessdc areawonderful stayfitness centerindoor poolreagan airporthotel restaurantconvenient locationrcsonia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here one night recently to attend a dinner in Arlington. The hotel's proximity to the DC Metro system was wonderful -- it is literally right outside the door -- so getting into DC to do some site seeing was very easy. The hotel itself and the room was classy. The service was professional and helpful. The bar service was quite slow -- but they made up for it by not charging us! The hot cidar in the lobby after a chilly day of site seeing was a very nice touch. We didn't really make use of the shopping opporunity -- but there was a huge indoor shopping mall attached to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My first time at a Ritz Carlton (pentagon city). We were welcomed (about 5pm) by a very professional staff, and jack hammering in the lobby. Talk about loud. Seems I have all the luck! Really, I thought the hotel would be bit nicer. Though its location to (attached) the mall and next to the pentagon row, a bunch of restaurants was convenient, the hotel was in terms of condition 'ok'. Info- breakfast menu = $$$$$

The Irish pub at pentagon row has awesome steak! 11 out of 10 !

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here for President's Weekend with our children. Staff on the club level were wonderful! Sonia, Antonia, et al were welcoming, warm and helpful. Check in was easy - we arrived on a red eye early in the morning and of course our rooms weren't ready. They welcomed us to have breakfast and relax, which gave us the energy to take the Metro (conveniently located next to the hotel) to the Smithsonian Museums. It was a joy to return to the hotel at the end of each day!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Terry O
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I spent my birthday weekend at this hotel. It was very nice, however, I was disappointed that the hotel wanted to charged for wi-fi. When you spend more than $150 a night for a hotel room, you might expect that service would be free of charge. I also think the food was overpriced but I do believe you're paying for the "name" of the hotel. I did like the fact that it was within walking distance to restaurants and retail stores and we had a AWESOME view from our room!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beverly M
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Bottom Line: I've stayed twice at the Ritz Carlton Pentagon City and won't do so again if I have the option.

In two stays at this hotel, I always get a distinctly unfriendly and unhelfpul attitude from the staff. Need a table in the lobby bar for a discussion? Not permitted, rent a conference room or deal with a two (phenomenally overpriced) drink minimum per person. Problem with your bill? Too bad, we're the Ritz Carlton. I will say that if you get a breakfast included package the breakfast is excellent, but it's not worth the attitude. Frankly, Ritz Carlton ought to send some undercover house inspectors to sample it for themselves.

The rooms are comfortable, but no more so for any other hotel in the class, or even the Marriott Suites nearby in Pentagon City. Recommendation: Ignore the brand and the hype and go there. You'll even get a coffee machine that will make its coffee without a shot of snootiness.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel. Trust me.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business