I will start by saying that my friends and I had to discuss whether or not we wanted to stay at this hotel again because we were not very motivated to attend the events for which we travelled to DC. We were torn about leaving the club room with the bottomless champagne bottles and the endless meals, snacks, desserts and butler services...
Check-in was pleasant. Frank is the consummate professional with a great sense of humor.
When we did venture out, of course, the yellow/green line Metro station was AT the hotel with two convenient entrances--one through the mall, the other across the sidewalk out front. It is the same line that serves the DCA airport AND the Washington Convention Center. The Pentagon City Mall with a million stores was also there. The Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa, immediately behind the hotel in Pentagon Row has a 20% discount for first time customers was beautiful, clean, and provided great service. Pentagon Row has a DSW, Marshalls, and several additional stores. And, we are shoppers, but we did not shop because we didn't want to leave the hotel.
Though a few previous reviewers were put off by the fitness center, I thought it was very nice. It was well-equipped and pleasant. The treadmills have USB and iPhone ports, televisions, and various fitness programs. Oddly, the water in the Club level was served room temperature with ice, but the water in the fitness center is chilled. I simply brought room temperature water with me from the club level. There were ample towels, the locker room area was clean and well-equipped. There were even apples to bring up your blood sugar after your work out.
The guest rooms were typical Ritz, with nice thread-count linens, thick robes and towels, flat-screen tv's, comfortable arm chairs, a stocked desk, and all the comforts of home and beyond. The showerhead was heavenly. The even numbered rooms have views of the Pentagon and Arlington Cemetery. The wi-fi was a good speed and reliable. There is also a convenient nook in the lobby to print boarding passes.
We did not visit Fyve, the hotel bar and restaurant, but it appeared to be a bustling spot with good crowds and music.
The concierge services, bellmen and everyone were spot on 100% 5 Star service. However, the Club staff was OUTSTANDING. Ms. Parker, Karima, and other staff member from Eastern Europe (I feel really bad about not remembering her name because she was absolutely wonderful) made us feel at home. No request was a bother. They went the extra mile to offer solutions to help us. I just cannot say enough or stress strongly enough how GREAT they are.
We have already booked our next stay and look forward to returning to our new home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the banks of the Potomac River and only moments from Washington, DC, The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City offers a hotel experience that beautifully blends modern luxury and traditional touches. Here guests can enjoy easy access to historic monuments, world-class museums, fine dining and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City Hotel Arlington
- Ritz Arlington
- Ritz-Carlton Arlington
- Arlington Ritz-Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Pentagon City