I've written quite a few reviews of trips to a number of different places. I usually stay in either Hiltons, boutique hotels or all inclusives. This time I had my first stay in a Ritz Carlton on a business trip. I had a board meeting at the Ritz, Pentagon City, just outside of D.C. on the Virginia side. This hotel is also very close to National Airport.
So, never having stayed at a Ritz, I was a bit excited. I drove in to the D.C. area at around 7:30 p.m. There's never a really good time to drive in D.C. but 7:30 is definitely not a good time. Rush traffic was still in progress. The Ritz is very close to the Pentagon and Crystal City, which is a nice area in which to stay. There is lots of shopping, sight seeing, and it feels really safe. As I drove in there was a concierge immediately helping me find the right place to stop the car and unload my small bit of luggage. From that moment on, each and every person at the Ritz was helpful, friendly, and very professional. It's the best service I've ever experienced. Check in was quick and easy.
I stayed on the 7th floor in a room with a king bed. The room was pretty standard, with nice furnishings and a really wonderful bed with superior linens. Everything was clean and the room was very quiet the whole night. The bathroom had a good shower and, again, it was spotlessly clean.
I changed clothes and went to the gym. On the 3rd floor, the gym was mostly state of the art. The treadmills were a little squirrelly but passable. The rest of the gym was quite nice: A beautiful indoor pool, steam room, sauna, plenty of free weights and machines, bottled water and plenty of towels. The gym was kept very clean as were all the pools and steam and sauna rooms.
Then it was back to the room and down to the restaurant/bar for some food and drink. i immediately experienced great service, a good bar and good food. Prices were very reasonable and the atmosphere was friendly and relaxing.
Again, I had a great bed so my night's sleep was pretty good for a business trip away from home. That morning I had my first problem. The in-room coffee maker did not work. I called the front desk and they offered to bring me a pot of fresh coffee. I accepted and it was in the room within 5 minutes. A nice gentleman brought in the coffee, apologized for the coffee maker not working, set the coffee down on a table and obviously didn't expect a tip. They could not have done it better!
The next day was all meetings in conference rooms in the hotel. The conference rooms are nice, private and comfortable. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner as a group in our conference room. Service was great as was the food.
I would say that my first experience at the Ritz illuminated to me why this chain of hotels has such positive name recognition, such a fine reputation. It is well deserved if the Ritz at Pentagon City is exemplary of the chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the banks of the Potomac River and only moments from Washington, DC, The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City offers a hotel experience that beautifully blends modern luxury and traditional touches. Here guests can enjoy easy access to historic monuments, world-class museums, fine dining and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City Hotel Arlington
- Ritz Arlington
- Ritz-Carlton Arlington
- Arlington Ritz-Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Pentagon City