“Nice rooms, nice view...”

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Marlboro, New Jersey
“Nice rooms, nice view...”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel is very modern and the rooms were clean, comfortable and had great views...
My only criticism is that they're not soundproof. I heard music from next door and toilets flushing at random times.
Parking is expensive unless you can find one of the few street spaces, and you can get Starbucks coffee on the 3rd floor, or walk around the back to another Starbucks for more variety, or across the street to a McDonald's....

Room Tip: Higher floors......away from the elevator.....but noisy neighbors are hard to avoid.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hi Joanne,
Thanks for sharing the comments from your stay with us. We appreciate you mentioning the positive aspects of your stay and that you enjoyed your view! We are fortunate to have a fantastic location as it relates to Washington DC, the Metro, Mall, Pentagon, and Reagan National Airport. Next time you are in town, be sure to ask our concierge about all of the restaurants within walking distance for some great variety here in Crystal City. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2014

hotel was lovely but do not have a good thing to say about checking in and checking out was a nightmare. we paid in advance but still have taken money of credit account what nightmare no uk customer service to talk to

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
We appreciate you sharing these details about our experience at Hyatt Regency Crystal City. Thanks for recommending us to your family and friends! We are very sorry to hear that the check in and check out process did not go as smoothly as intended. Please reach out to me if I can be of any further assistance. Thanks for choosing Hyatt and come back and see us again soon!
Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We recently stayed at this property for a conference and had mixed feelings. The hotel is very convenient to Regan National Airport and the hotel shuttle is free and very convenient.

When went to check in there was some confusion over our group reservation, but I was able to check in before the standard check in time. The room was fine and our group gad free wi-fi so that helped. It was a standard Hyatt room that was comfortable but noting special.

We were attending a conference directly in the hotel which makes it very easy to attend the sessions. Overall the staff of this property went above and beyond to help our company and as the lead sponsor of the conference they spelled out our company name in water bottles on their own initiative which was great!

One challenge that we had is that there is only one restaurant open in this hotel and not many options very close by. One night we attempted to get dinner, but there was a long wait and we sat down for around 10 minutes without even getting a menu. We ended up leaving and just going to the deli across the street. A hotel that focuses on convention business in a somewhat remote location should have more than one dining option or the ability to handle the dinner rush.

There is not much within walking distance of this property other than the deli across the street and a Chili's a few blocks up. It is a bit of a cab ride to get to downtown Alexandria or into DC and the location feels somewhat desolate.

Overall the excellent staff made up for some of the short comings of this property, but I would not stay here again unless I was attending a conference in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jujucom1
Audrey N, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey and provide feedback about your recent stay. My apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced in regard to the restaurant hours as well as wait to be greeted. In no way is this a typical portrayal of our operation and please know that we are investigating your comments further and are following up accordingly. If your travel plans bring you back to the area, we hope that you would choose Hyatt and give us the opportunity to show you our true creativity and quality of our dining operations. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of any further assistance.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Conference was held at hotel so it was very convenient. Every single staff member I came into contact with was helpful and incredibly nice.
However, my room was very dark - I had to put my make-up on in the closet with my hand mirror as it had the brightest light in the entire room. There was a full-length mirror in a corner with no light at all. One of the lampshades in the bathroom was ripped and the bathtub was cracked. I could here the person in the room next to me using the toilet - not flushing it - using it. I could hear the person above me flushing the toilet.
The chairs in the conference room were filthy. The food at the conference was pretty blah. We ate dinner at the restaurant at the hotel one night as we waited too long to make reservations elsewhere - the choices were minimal and the food left quite a bit to be desired.
I cannot imagine returning here unless I had to because of another conference.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MaryJo H
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. It is always nice to hear our staff is providing excellent service and making our guest feel welcomed and comfortable. My sincerest apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced in regards noise and the lighting in your room. Please consider taking advantage of our Women's Experience Rooms with additional amenities geared towards women. Again, thank you for staying with us and please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any further assistance.
FL
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Beautiful looking, comfortable, good water pressure, great staff, cute gift store/lots of perfect souvenirs especially for cherry blossom season, close to airport, Everything in room Worked/unlike tub drain, AC and LOUD/no sound proofing on windows, quiet sleep, had super cool online check in and check out!!!

Room Tip: Cabs don't come till 4am. We wanted to head over 3:30am, but was unnecessary for even first flig...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thanks for such an amazing review! Sounds like you had an excellent time in DC. Come back and visit us soon.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My family stayed here for the weekend for our DC weekend getaway. This Hyatt is in a great location. It is close to the Metro which enabled us to do our sight seeing and trips to the museums and the zoo. The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff courteous. Breakfast was good. I have no complaints, will stay here again and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to share such a nice review of your weekend getaway. I am happy to hear our convenient location and complimentary shuttles enabled your family to see the DC museums and zoo with ease! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back anytime.
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My family and I checked into this hotel for five days, we were disappointed that wifi wasn't free. Free Wifi seems to be the norm in so many places, that when your asked to pay for it, it seems like a rip off, especially with the length of our stay. No mini fridge in the room either, another thing we obviously take for granted from other hotels that just wasn't standard. Yes, I did know all of these things going into this vacation, it obviously didn't deter us from staying here. We chose this location due to our friends living less than a block away. The trek to the Metro was a hike, but easily doable.

No indoor pool, again, another thing we knew but chose to book this hotel anyway, it was almost a deal breaker for us.

Over all, the hotel was very clean and had a helpful, friendly staff. Our view was nice as well, I was worried about being so close to the airport. The road and air traffic created no issue for us, we could barely hear it! I'm a light sleeper, I never heard noise in the hallway, or outside our window, which was a lovely surprise.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrea T
I appreciate your feedback and I am sorry to hear that you left our hotel with less than impressed. Reviews like this are important because they allow us to evaluate and continue to improve our hotel and its services. Because of previous feedback on review websites, we recently started offering complimentary WiFi in our lobby and restaurant space for our guest to take advantage of. Your kind comments about the friendly staff, convenient location, and quiet rooms were great to hear and we hope that next time you’re in town you give us another opportunity to 'wow' you.