Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport
$161
RitzCarlton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $253/night.

Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$89
AscendHotels
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

Crystal Gateway Marriott(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$149
$119
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

$93
$73
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $85/night.

Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$102
EconoLodge
The Westin Arlington Gateway(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$108
$99
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

$93
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

$68
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

$94
$80
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

Hyatt Centric Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$102
$97
Priceline
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

2,204 results
All reviewscrystal citycinnabar restaurantlobby barroom serviceshuttle servicelegal seafoodfree shuttlemetro stationbreakfast buffetvery nice hotelking roomchecking inreagan national airportdc areafew blocksconferencevalet
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We get to the hotel and the place was beautiful, very modern. I don’t have much to say about the FDA because they showed little to no hospitality. I find that booking though a 3rd party really puts you on the bottom of this hotels totem pole.

The first room we check in was REALLY DUST, smelled awful and had stains on the floor. The second room was also dust but at this point I was just too exhausted to try a 3rd one. Again, the renovations are wonderful. The bathroom door was my favorite and the comfy but REALLY DUST chair was nice (needless to say, the amount of dust every where even on the glass table was pretty ridiculous).
We called down to ask about the shuttle service was told a number of things. They said they would hold the shuttle for us and when we came down it was GONE and would take 20 mins to return. We ended up taking a taxi. BUT I wish they would have told us how close of a walking distance the metro really was. The accommodations they offered were good but they didn’t come with much ease.

The breakfast buffet was presented well although it didn’t taste great. I got an omelet which had way too much oil and the cheese was not melted. I pretty much picked at what I could. The service there wasn’t too great as well. BUT to make the stay even more annoying you charge $5 BUCKS for water that appeared to be complimentary until I got home and discover a tag in 5 size font that said 5 dollars. Such a misleading way to trick people. I didn’t expect to have to READ the fine print in hotel room after book the room. When you check in the room, everything in it is there for us to use whether soap or shampoo. If I want something like 5 DOLLAR water, I SHOULD CALL AND ORDER IT or pass by a vending machine. I haven’t received my final bill but WILL be contacting you all about this water situation because it’s pretty fraudulent.

I signed up to be a Hyatt golds member because I wanted to try something different than Marriott or Hilton, but I am going to cancel it immediately because I don’t want to stay at a place where I have to be conscious of reading FINE print when I just want to relax and enjoy the amenities.

Again, the renovations are sleek and very modern, but it’s a shame that the service couldn’t have matched the décor. And with a bunch of other hotels side by side, there should be a demand for better service from your employees. All in all-- you all could make my life easier by adjusting my bill accordingly with this water ordeal before having to make s phone call.

Room Tip: I was on the 14th level overlooking the pool as i requested to not have a view of the airport. I will stay the window panel was dusty and glass window dirty so there wasnt much of a sight to see.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank C G
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. We welcome any and all feedback as this gives us an opportunity to evaluate our current operation. Our sincerest apologies for the cleanliness of your guestroom, we are taking these comments very seriously and are currently addressing the issue with our housekeeping staff. If you would like to discuss the water issue further, please feel free to reach out to us at 703-418-1234. Otherwise, if your travel plans bring you back to the area, please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any further assistance. Again, thank you for staying with us and providing feedback.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I booked this hotel via Hotels.com for a rate of $79 on the eve of MLK's 50th anniversary for the March on Washington. When I booked the hotel I asked the person at Hotels.com if the hotel was near the metro station - I did not want to waste time traveling to/from the Metro to D.C. They assured me it was just across the street through another building. NOT TRUE. While it is walking distance (about 15 minutes away) I did not want to spend my energy walking to/from there since I was going to be walking all day in the march at Washington D.C.

The Hyatt does offer a shuttle to/from the metro every 15 minutes but as prior reviewers indicated the schedule is unpredictable at best. We waited in the morning for over 20 minutes as not one but two Hyatt shuttles to the airport came through yet nothing for the metro. Another person waiting for us asked the driver to take us to the metro since nobody was waiting for the airport. After much discussion between the driver and multiple Hyatt personnel, they said okay. On the return, we waited nearly 20 minutes then we called the hotel. Nobody picked up - not the operator, not the front desk, not the concierge, NO ONE!!! We called the hotel several times and simply kept getting recordings... The shuttle finally arrived after waiting for a half hour. I would have walked it but I was with my family and we were simply worn out by the end of the day in D.C.

The good thing about the metro stop that the shuttle takes you to is that it is on the Blue Line so it hits the key stops for those visiting D.C. from out of town.

The hotel itself was very nice. Pool is on the third floor, great exercise room right next to it.

Beds in the room were Doubles not Queens so for my family sleeping was a bit exhausting - not enough room in the beds. Also - there were three bath towels in the bathroom for 4 guests. Called in the morning for more towels. After waiting nearly 20 minutes, I called again and was told the request was submitted. The towels arrived about another 10 minutes later.

Not a bad place to stay, just some inconveniences that had they been addressed would make this a perfect place to stay.

Parking - save the $27 dollars the hotel charges for Valet parking and drive right around the corner to a parking garage (self park) that costs half as much.

I do not agree with other comments that the hotel is below par compared with other Hyatt's. I have stayed in lots of Hyatt's as a Gold Preferred Customer and have stayed at some that were terrible - this is not one of those. Nor is it at the top of the line Hyatt's I have stayed at but it very nice.

Room Tip: High up and ask for one with a view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank njtraveljunkie

Greetings njtraveljunkie,

We appreciate you sharing these details about your experience at Hyatt Regency Crystal City. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our shuttle service. We will try to communicate any change in services to our guests more readily. We hope the next time you are in town you will stay with us again!

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Very conveniently located near Metro station for exploring DC. Not many nearby restaurants. Jaleo (tapas) is about a 10 minute walk. There is a free shuttle service to Reagan. The rooms are nice, on par with most 3.5 star hotels. Fitness center/pool were well equipped/clean. Parking was expensive, but street parking is available if you're willing to look around a little. This hotel frequently has discounted rooms (perhaps because it's so big), so for the right price it is a good bargain.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We visit the Washington DC area once each year. This past May was our 17th trip. For the past 7-8 years we have stayed at the Hyatt Crystal City in Arlington, VA. We stay there because the rooms are spacious and clean, the beds are large and comfortable, the hotel staff is efficient and friendly, the restaurant has wonderful food and the Hyatt is fairly close to everything. I highly recommend it

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Spent 3 days at a meeting at the Hyatt. The hotel is first class and has wonderful meeting rooms of any size desired. I was especially impressed with the cooperation of the staff. They catered to any thing we wanted to facilitate the meeting. A large screen and Blu-Ray player was quickly made available as was a room of the desired size. In this case capacity 130. Other rooms for meetings ranging from 90 to 600 were utilized. There are large video screens in the major rooms.
The beds were exceptionally clean, however they were too soft for my preference. The rooms have wi-fi available but the charge for utilizing is excessive compared to other hotels of comparable quality.
The one thing that was very impressive was the food in the restaurant/ coffee shop. I usually avoid hotel restaurants but I decided to try this one. I was totally amazed with the service and the food preparation and quality. I did not leave the hotel for any meals. The menu is not large but adequate featuring anything from hamburgers to gourmet Salmon or Halibut.

Room Tip: My room was adequate to excellentA tip check rates and don't hesitate to ask for a better deal.(as with any hotel)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business