Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Pool
2,206 results
All reviewscrystal citycinnabar restaurantlobby barroom serviceshuttle servicelegal seafoodfree shuttlemetro stationbreakfast buffetvery nice hotelking roomchecking inreagan national airportdc areafew blocksconferencevalet
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I took a little weekend getaway down in this area and found this hotel to stay at. We were able to stay here through a hotwire deal, and for the price we were pleasantly suprised. We spent a saturday night into a Sunday morning. We arrived pretty late so we weren't able to use any of the facilities, but as we walked past them on the way to our room, they looked pretty nice!

The room was spacious and we had no issue feeling cramped or anything. The shower was wonderful, and made me feel so refreshed, it didn't feel like the same hard water you get at most hotels. We called the front desk for more towels and were pleasantly suprised when they arrived with 3 minutes of us calling down.

The bed was one of the most comfortable beds that I have slept in a long while. My husband and I were able to move about without disturbing the other, a big problem that we have at most hotels. I was able to get a full 8 hours of sleep without to much trouble.

Breakfast is not included so its better to just find a McDonalds or some other place to eat, unless you want to pay high prices. For someone like us that usually stays at hotels that include breakfast, this was a bit of a downer for us, plus the prices are so high! But upon check out we received a local sunday paper, which was great because I wasn't able to get mine at home for the local coupons, so this was an added bonus.

The valet parking is a bit expensive especially if you are only there for one night and when you arrive late at night, paying 20 dollars to park seems a bit high, but then again street parking seemed like it would be more of a hassle then anything else, so we decided to just pay it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Attended a business meeting and decided to extend my stay for a day. So glad I did. I was able to take a day and relax by the pool and have an enjoyable dinner at the hotel. The only thin that I thought was a bit pricey was the valet parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sofa. Very comfortable!
Reviewed June 25, 2013

As a big quality chain hotel, the Hyatt Crystal city doesn't disappoint; rooms, service, gym, are what you expect. The area however, is dull and there isn't much there. Running tracks are poor: right next to the highway; and the same track back and forth; no chance to take any other route. The Starbucks closes early and the eateries around the corner are nothing to brag about. The hotel does offer a free shuttle every 15 mins to the subway station; where you can pretty easily catch a train into central DC. No shuttle service after 10 pm; then you can just walk from the station back to the hotel. I was there for a conference; and I'd recommend if you need to be there, otherwise you'd probably have more fun downtown. Lots of groups, so can get a little noisy...

2  Thank Minttuha
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had our annual, national event at this hotel for a week in June. At one point, we had 1500 students for our youth day program. Our group of 40 was assigned to the 15th floor. The rooms and lobby were renovated a few years back, and the place has held up well. Staff is very good. We had a pizza party for our kids, and the staff was very accommodating. Only negative was learning that the 18th floor restaurant had been closed.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I stay here frequently whenever we are in town for work. Expect to encounter throngs of tour groups from every walk of life - the last time we were here they had the Vietnam veterans motorcycle group, an Asian teen pageant, and a AARP convention all at once. Made for interesting conversation in the lounge. Despite that, the service here is always very accommodating. The free and ample breakfast buffet (if you are a diamond member) is a nice perk and again, the staff is consistently attentive. We also extended our week stay into Memorial weekend and the rates were super low (~$100/night) which is a great deal. The metro is a half mile walk to get anywhere and the hotel offers a free and convenient shuttle service as well. Tons of restaurants, and crystal city mall is nearby.

Tip: If the elevators are crowded due to the high school tour groups, head over the service elevators right past the the guest elevator area.

Room Tip: Rooms in the higher floors are better - especially when the Vietnam motorcycle groups are in town for Memorial Day.
2  Thank Jacqueline N