“Hyatt Regency Crystal City” 1 of 5 stars

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami, Florida
“Hyatt Regency Crystal City”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

During my stay, room was not well attended - Was very dirty. Towels were not changed. There was dust all over including a broken blind. On my first day, the room was not made. I went to front desk and informed them - they said they would send someone. When I returned at night room was not made. A young man at the front desk was not polite. It was the most horrible experience that I had. We were 11. All of us suffered the same.

1 Thank Myriam M
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello Myriam M.,
We appreciate you sharing these details about our experience at Hyatt Regency Crystal City. To exceed our guest's expectations is our ultimate goal and based on your feedback it seems we failed to do so on several occasions. Your feedback about your housekeeping service has helped us to implement additional training to ensure that this does not happen again. If your travel plans bring you back to the area, please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any further assistance. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hadley, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed for Memorial Day weekend and Rolling Thunder - from check in, to maid service, to valet, to front desk help - the service is excellent! The rooms are getting a little run down and it's time for freshening up - but rooms are clean and the service is great.

Except for the bar - The bartender was rather rude and flippant. My friend ordered a drink and by mistake the bartender made two. When she said I didnt order two (they were quite pricey as well) - instead of just giving her the drink, he dumped it out right in front of her. I asked why he just didnt give her the drink instead of wasting it. He said she didnt pay for it. Very rude and obnoxious. I ordered drinks from then on at the other end of the bar and tipped well for the better service.

Other than that - great stay - great service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

From the parking valet, to the check-in agent, to housekeeping, to the restaurant servers, my stay was well above excellent. I attended meetings that this hotel, and even the meeting rooms were comfortable. This hotel is perfectly positioned in Crystal City for airport access, and near several restaurants. For DC stays, this hotel is perfect!

Room Tip: Driving to this hotel can be challenging, as Google Maps and android navigation incorrectly take you...
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel was great for its location regarding what we wanted (out of the hustle and bustle of the city, free shuttle to the metro) and price. However, the decor and staff did not meet our expectations for a Hyatt. My husband and I love Hyatt hotels - we had our wedding at the Hyatt Regency in Austin, TX and we honeymooned at the Hyatt Resort in Kauai. When we traveled to San Diego we stayed at the Hyatt Regency downtown and were treated like superstars. So when we took a fun weekend trip to D.C. we purposely chose a Hyatt hotel. However, we were let down at this particular location. When we arrived, we were told the hotel was completely booked and if we were willing to change to a double queen bed room we could check in right away, otherwise we would have to wait until well past our check-in time. We purposely reserved a single king size room to have more space - so we chose to wait... over two hours. When my husband went back up to the front desk to check on our room, the person working said the previous person who was working didn't put us on the waiting list, and so she would put us on the list right away. This made us very frustrated. We had made our reservation weeks in advance and did not feel we should have had to be wait-listed upon arrival. It was a total waste of our afternoon that we hoped to spend in the city. I told my husband that if we had to wait until the evening I was going to walk across the street to the Renaissance and stay there.

Once in our room, we were unimpressed by the decor and bathroom. We felt it was outdated and looked heavily used (scuffs and scratches). Also, at the other Hyatt's we had stayed at they gave a complimentary bottle of water in the room, but at this location the bottle of water in the room was $2. We walked down the hall to the vending machine instead. It was not what we were expecting at all. I would not recommend this hotel if you are looking for a semi-luxurious weekend away experience.

Also, there was a group of students who stayed at the hotel for some sort of convention, and we could hear them running and laughing in the hallways in the late evening and early morning... Did not help our opinion of the hotel when combined with the other experiences of the stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KeRussell
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Greetings KeRussell,
We appreciate you sharing these details about our experience at Hyatt Regency Crystal City. We are very sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Your feedback about your Front Desk service has been relayed to the staff and is something we will continue to work on. We apologize for the inconvenience the delay may have caused. We hope the next time you come to visit Crystal City that you will give Hyatt Regency Crystal City a second chance to make your stay an enjoyable one.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I attended a conference and the hotel provided a generous meeting space. I liked the check-in process done at a kiosk without having to go stand in a line at the front desk. My room was very well appointed- a sitting area was part of the room which I like. It was nice to have space to sit and relax other than lounging on the bed. The food was very good for banquet food. My only complaints- I had to pay for Internet and parking is valet only and on the expensive side.

1 Thank Micky O
Orting, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel, itself, is nice and the rooms and beds are comfortable. Also, it seems to be very quiet. Elevators are slow. Internet is outrageous, more like it should be priced 10 years ago. A hotel of this caliber, it should be free. Parking is only by valet and is almost $30 per day, ouch.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shawn M
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I got to this hotel from Union Stattion, the main D.C. train station, via the metro and the Hyatt's shuttle bus. As a front desk person described, you pick up the metro in Union Station and with one connection you get off at the Crystal City metro stop. As there is no marked stop for the Hyatt shuttle bus, this is a little vague but it works. Go to a nearby side street where all the city bus stops are with electronic signs. The Hyatt shuttle bus (clearly marked) stops at the head of this line of city bus stops. So if you wait just beyond the bus stops, you will be good. The shuttle comes by every 15 minutes during the day. The hotel is only a couple minutes drive from here.

I had a beautiful, relaxing room on the 18th floor. The decor was soothing with a lot of greys, browns, and blacks. The bed was comfortable and I appreciated the extra blanket in the closet.

The staff from the shuttle drivers to the people who work at the front desk and housekeeping are all very pleasant, helpful, and energetic.

The breakfast buffet was very good. I especially liked the variety of oatmeal toppings including 2 kinds of nuts, granola, dried cranberries, and raisins. The only thing I think Hyatt can improve about their breakfast experience is to have newspapers readily available. At this hotel, to get a newspaper to read during breakfast, you have to initially go down to the first floor to get the paper and then back up to the 2nd floor for breakfast. This seems to be the case at other Hyatts I've stayed at as well.

Nearby walkable places to eat: There is a Legal Seafoods and a Chili's that are both a 10 minute safe walk from the hotel. I ate at the Legals one evening sitting at the bar. Excellent food and good company. For a quick sandwich, I recommend the Clark Street Grill right across the street from the Hyatt. I went there for a lunch a couple times. The food is good and comes out quickly.

• 3 of 5 stars