2,334 results
All reviews crystal city cinnabar restaurant lobby bar room service legal seafood shuttle service free shuttle very nice hotel metro station breakfast buffet king room up to date checking in the room was nice national airport dc area few blocks
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed here with a Conference in late April 2013. The room was clean, bathroom good sized. Everything worked with the exceptions noted below. The staff was friendly. My criticisms would be the bed, the shower spray the advice from the concierge and the temperature of the food at the breakfasts. Normally, nowadays, I stay in hotels where the shower spray is way too weak, to conserve water. This was not a problem during my stay where the water blasted my wife and I. The room had two double beds because the hotel was sold out of Kings. The double I had was slanted sideways as the mattress was obviously old. The concierge recommended a restaurant that the taxi cab driver could not find, it was confusing as to how to get there. The directions were poor and had I walked, I would never have found the place. Even with mapping app on phone the place was difficult to find. I cannot believe there was not a better and closer burger place than the Hamburger Hamlet. Dont bother with this place. Red Robin outshines this place and is less expensive. Finally, at the breakfasts 2 mornings in a row, the sausage was cool, and the eggs were barely warm. They ran out of coffee one morning. By the same token, I had room service while I was there and could not have been happier with that service for dinner. I just dont expect these kind of annoyances at a hotel chain that styles itself as a cut above. We stayed at the Renaissance next door for one night because in spite of the fact I made my reservation in January 2013 they could not accomodate one more night (which they told me when I made the reservation) Overall I would have been much happier at the Renaissance for the entire 6 nite stay.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was unhappy to discover a charge for Internet--a3night stay adds up. And how bizarre there is no place to hang a towel. Form over function for sure. Staff was curt and unhelpful. I imagine they are tired if the same complaints

Date of stay: April 2013
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Ranis510,

I was sorry to hear of your unsatisfaction with your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that we work hard to make every guest feel valued and comfortable during their stay at Hyatt Regency Crystal City. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to change your opinion of our hotel.

If we can provide any further information or help you with your next stay in the area, please contact me at 703.418.1234.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

If you get a priceline type nightly rate, which we did, perhaps you won't feel ripped off. If you pay Hyatt prices, you will. No hotel in a DC business hub should be without free WiFi in your room. They offer it in the lobby but not in-room. Best Western motels for $80.00 a night give you free WiFi. Also, no hotel in Crystal City should charge $27.00 a night for parking. You can stay in DC proper at a lovely historic property and pay for parking but not in a commercial zone like Crystal City. Rooms are fine, but don't expect breakfast and while the lobby bar is pleasant, don't expect cheap. This is a Hyatt that nickels and dimes you on everything. You can do better, even in the caverns of Crystal City.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2013

No free wi-fi in rooms. I can get free wi-fi in a fleabag motel off the interstate, but not at a high profile Hyatt? Also disappointed that there were no racks in bathroon to hang towels. None. We had to hang from top of door or throw on floor. Very, very disappointed with Hyatt. If I was not here for conference I would have moved to another hotel. Not a happy camper.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a convention and it is close to the airport and they provide a shuttle to the metro. The hotel is spotlessly clean and staff were wonderful. Avoid any room with a 21 on the end. I was sandwiched between the glass elevator on one side and the ice machine in the hall on the other. The notice kept me awake. Having said that, I did not ask to move and I am sure they would have but should I have to?? Other than that and the fact that there are no close restaurants, its a nice hotel.