New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
East Mesa, Arizona, United States
“WOW Hyatt Crystal City Customer service ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Okay tripadvisor, have always given reviews and described issues with resolutions.
eBusiness travelers are a breed unto their own, and have certain neccesary evils... Okay so first to start with a friend suggested I stay at the Liason, but it was far from my business so decided to switch and stay at a Hyatt. Never booked here before so thought to try it.. Glad I did.

Here is what happened from my end... Okay so I am across country on a time zone drain.. west coast to east... called down for wake up call.. and went to bed. Well business started at 8am sharp and had it in my mind to do the best job possible, had studied and ready. however upon waking I noticed the clock said 7:15... RUN ... the first thought, so go dressed, shortest shower in the world, and off I go.... until i realize i locked my purse with the keys into my room

Mr Riley came to my rescue, let me in the room. next we hit the breakfast area, which was deliciousl.
Anyway so ripping and running as fast as I can to make a good impression when Mr. Riley says I will get you a cab...3 cabs told him they do not take the goverment credit card. " He simply stated that he would have to report to his manager.. I guess my point is this,,,,

When in travel it is very difficult to keep all the balls moving, but the staff here was very kind to me... Lucia was a stunning representative and is perfect as first line representative of your Agency..

Did not however enjoy the crab cakes or soup in the dining area, both were cold and asked to reheat but what is the sense of a nuked crabcake???? thanks to Mr. Marc Riley and to others you made my day so very good and my business stay very profitable.... thats all now...

Hey look, in D.C. nothing but hotels, why not spend your coin in a place where they will take care of you also? and to follow thru, I was unable to get a cab as non would take the goverment card, Mr. Riley was very angry and took me personally to the meeting located at VHA office, he stayed to ensure I knew where I was... gave me his number to contact when i was requesting a ride back.. He did not have to do that. what great representative of this Agency.. then when picking me up, told me how he contacted the cab company's to ensure their compliance for the customers at the hotel... What a Professional, kind and great asset to the organization...

With warm regards,
Cari James

Hyatt should Honor employees like M. Riley and Ms. Lucia, wonderrful professionals

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed three nights and paid the Hyatt rate. The respire room had a strange odor. The Internet is pricey and limits you to three devices which is not enough if you have multiple iPads. The worst part was the valet. The first day it took 30 minutes to retrieve my car. Each time I called valet the phone rang and no one answered so I connected to the front desk who took down my ticket number. When I arrived at the valet 15-20 minutes later they told me they never got a message from the front desk. I complained to them and was told they had nothing to do with the problem and I should take my complaint to the front desk! This happened over and over. Fortunately one of the front desk managers was kind enough to apologize and waived the valet fee. Overall I was disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013
latrobe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were part of an organization using the facility. The rooms were really nice and very clean, large TV and a lot of plug-ins for any number of electronic devices all lined up on the sie of the desk. We found the staff very helpful with and sort of question being answered right away. The Bell Captain's staff were very prompt wen called. No waiting even at pak times. The only drawback was for a regular type guest Valet Parking was $27 per day and the valet crew was busy and it took a number of calls to establish contact. Catered meals were commented on by most as "sparse and expensive". A breakfast was compared to as "not as good as the powdered eggs I had in the Marines" and I had to agree that Army eggs were better, too. Overall, minus the parking and meals I would stay there again because the cost was in line with the services offered and rendered. The whole two blocks north of the hotel are all manner of eating places from the golden pigsty to Legal Seafood.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Grass Lake, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Arrived hotel on Easter Sunday for 12 hr layover. WIFI INTERNET does not seem to work, even though front desk says they are not having any problem. Nothing wrong with my MAC, believe me.

Dirty glasses in the bathroom-just what I want, germs!

Worn, dirty carpet in entry way of room.

WORST HAMBURGER OF MY LIFE from Lobby bar. It was $14.00 for a piece of grey meat on a bun. Was not grilled or fried-looked and tasted suspiciously like it was popped in a microwave. Come on folks....14 bucks for a hamburger that is all grey????

1 Thank Susan M
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. My apolgies that you were disappointed with various aspects of your stay. We have reviewed your responses and please know that we are looking into the cleanliness and food quality issues that you brought to our attention. If you would like to discuss these items further, please feel free to me at 703.418.1234.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night right off the plane an left first thing the next am. Thank goodness we didn't have to stay any longer! First of all there are only full-sized beds and single bed king rooms, no queen beds in any of their rooms. So strange. Our room with two small full-sized beds was really tight and The bed linens were cheap and dingy. The bathroom was tiny and the sink is in the bath room, so not ideal for more than one person. Thin walls so you hear all the general neighbor and hall noise all night and the noise of other rooms plumbing. One good feature is all the outlets easily accessible to charge devices. This hotel seems like it is mostly for airline crew staying overnight close to Reagan, and not a hotel you would vacation in.

• Stayed March 2013
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Room was smallish, but had everything you need except no free WiFi. Was there for a conference, and there were MANY other conferences going on so it was CROWDED, with long waits for the elevator.
TIP: For good food and fun try 23rd Street a few blocks down just on the other side of the highway -- lots of specialty restaurants. Parking lot at 22nd if you want to drive (parking has in-out serivce).
Shuttle to the airport.

Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel met all my expectations and beyond. I left my phone charger in the room, called 12 hours later, and they returned it to me.

The location was close to the highway, convenient to Arlington, the Pentagon, or Washington DC (if you have a car, which I didn't, but that's another story) and there is a Metro nearby via hotel shuttle.