“Great for business meetings and conventions”

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, IL
“Great for business meetings and conventions”
Reviewed May 1, 2008

The hotel was very lovely, with nice modern decor and upgraded electronics. The beds were amazing, although the pillows were too soft for my taste. The hotel has a coffee bar, two restaurants (one has a breakfast buffet), and a lobby bar. Breakfast buffet was not a bad deal since it included coffee, juice, and make your own omelettes. Meeting facilities were nice, and the staff were helpful, particularly the conceirge who tracked down a lost cell phone! The downside is the location - -the heart of concrete and skyscrapers. Fortunately, the regular shuttle service to the metro helped. Also, there were several restaurants about 1/2 - 3/4 miles from the hotel if you aren't afraid of walking. Very convenient access to DCA as well.

• Liked — Regular shuttle service to airport and to metro
  • Disliked — Uninspired location
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco
Reviewed April 20, 2008

I was there for a conference and wondered why it cost $289 per night and found out the Pope was also in the city - Oh well. The room I had was nicely appointed with a very masculine executive look with dark woods and muted colors. The service was good except that after three days they wouldn't give me a late check-out on the Saturday afternoon (the place was deserted). My bill was over $1000, still no break. They wanted to charge me $50 for each hour I stayed over 12 noon!

The other complaint is the bathroom was small with a half glass partition in the shower and no door, so the place was flooded after a shower. And there is no towel rack to hang your towel to dry.

Bedford, Indiana
Reviewed April 12, 2008

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City for 2 nights in mid-April. Even though it was the height of Cherry Blossom season and the hotel was hosting a conference of librarians, I was able to get the government per diem rate - $200/night.

I took the Metro from Reagan National to Crystal City where I caught the hotel shuttle. I could have just as easily walked from there (about 15 minutes), or simply taken the hotel shuttle directly from the airport. (The shuttles operate on ~20 minute intervals) In any case, it is very easy to get to the Hyatt Regency.

I was greeted warmly upon check-in. I had my key and was on my way up to the 9th floor in minutes.

The room was very large, clean, nicely decorated & and well furnished. Roman shades adorned the windows. A nice, inviting sofa sat in front of the large window overlooking the lobby below. A large flat panel HDTV sat on the dresser. The bed was soft, and very comfortable.

The bathroom was a bit small - one must enter fully in order close the frosted glass door. My room was equipped with a stand-up shower stall, but not a bathtub. The vanity was large and clean. The towels were soft and easily accessible when exiting the shower.

One of the most excellent aspects of this location is the exercise facility which included 5 treadmills, 3 elliptical machines, 3 stationary bikes, and a whole host of weightlifting machines, free weights, and exercise balls. The only weight lifting machine that I noted to be absent was a leg press. There is also a outdoor pool and spa, but they had not been opened for the season yet.

The "worst" part of the Hyatt Regency is the downstairs lounge / bar which allows smoking, I personally loathe sitting in smoky bars. The cocktails are over priced as well, but no more so than your usual hotel bar. I did not try the rooftop restaurant - I wasn't in the mood to spend $50+ on dinner for one - especially with so many other choices in the immediate vicinity.

Check-out was just like check-in: quick & friendly. I decided to head downtown before flying home - I felt more than comfortable checking my bags with the valet for the afternoon. Upon returning from my tour of the Smithsonian, my bags were retrieved quickly and I was on my way to the airport in a few minutes.

All in all, the Hyatt is an excellent place to stay.

Seattle, WA
Reviewed April 11, 2008

I was at the Hyatt for a conference, so I got a good rate on the room. Upgraded to a corner room that was just huge, but the bathrooms are woefully undersized in comparison. At checkin, I asked to have my Hyatt number added to the account and was told that they'd look it up. Two days later, I asked again and learned that they hadn't done so. Room service was speedy, but there was no butter included with the basket of warm rolls. It was sent up 20 minutes later. Sigh. Comfortable bed, quiet room, and nice conference site.

• Liked — Location and room size
  • Disliked — Uneven customer service levels
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 4, 2008

We used Hotwire to book one room with two double beds in this hotel. The price matched the HotDollars we had in our account to redeem (from a previous bad experience at a Hotwire hotel in Pittsburgh).

We were delighted by the modern, clean, comfortable room we were given. The lobby was loud, which gave us pause, but once in the room we enjoyed the complete silence and the darkness (great curtains!) all night long.

You're required to use valet parking, but that only added to the pleasantness of the stay. The pool was not open, nor was coffee available in the lobby in the wee hours of the morning, but you can't beat the wonderful room and nice staff for the Hotwire price of $89. It's definitely a 3.5 star hotel and appropriately a "customer favorite!"

• Liked — modern and quiet and clean
  • Disliked — pool wasn't open
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed March 27, 2008

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Crystal City Hyatt in Feb, 2008. I was a little intimidated that I would have to sight-see and explore in the city alone while my husband was in meetings every day. I never had to wait outside the hotel for more than 5 minutes for the hotel shuttle to the Metro. And the same is true for the shuttle back from the Metro to the hotel. They run in a continuous loop back and forth all day long and it is truly a great convenience! The shuttle drops you off right outside the Metro entrance which is also the entrance to a wonderful underground shopping mall in Crystal City. There are several restaurants including, my favorite, Subway. There is also a drug store which came in really handy when I found out how much the hotel charged for food and drinks! Can you believe $4 for a bottle of water.....a $10 martini??? While I do not recommend eating or drinking at the hotel, the room was absolutely wonderful! I loved the great sofa and flat-screen TV! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the city!

• Liked — Modern design
  • Disliked — expensive food and drinks
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
St. Petersburg
Reviewed March 8, 2008

Booked our stay at the AAA website, so we got a great deal for the weekend. We were very impressed with the cleanliness, the modern decor and we had a room with an amazing view. The breakfast buffet was delicious and the service was excellent.

Stayed March 2008