Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Pool
2,208 results
All reviewscrystal citycinnabar restaurantlobby barroom serviceshuttle servicelegal seafoodfree shuttlemetro stationbreakfast buffetvery nice hotelking roomchecking inreagan national airportdc areafew blocksconferencevalet
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency while visiting relatives in Arlington. The hotel was very nice. It was a good size room with a nice sofa and great blackout shades. The bathroom was missing some important items. There was no make-up mirror and I was too far from the regular mirror to put on make-up. It had no hooks for a bathrobe and no bathroom fan. Wireless internet had a surcharge, I like to get some exercise so I took the stairs down to the lobby and the door was locked. It was not a safety issue because there was an alarmed door, but i didn't want to set that off! We went to the restaurant for breakfast and the waiter was kind of rude and didn't refill my coffee. The big negative for this hotel is the lack of parking. There is valet parking at $27 a day. Self park is $20 a day but you cannot go in and out. There is limited metered parking on the street. I think this is a hotel for business travel rather than pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Neicy55
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Important Note: this is definitely more of a business class hotel than it is tourist-centric. If you're expecting to take the kids and be within walking distance of DC, you will be disappointed. There are many businesses in the immediate vicinity that take advantage of the Hyatt's location and put employees up here during the work week. That said, weekend rates are typically cheaper here due to the fact that they do the lion's share of their business during the week.

I've stayed at this hotel many times, and continue to based solely on the staff. They are some of the most dedicated customer service employees I've ever met. Continuous shuttles are available to Reagan Airport and the the Crystal City metro stop, and many shops and restaurants are within walking distance. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were traveling with 2 adults and 5 students. Although the kids are all well behaved and mature, upon arrival we were treated rather coldly and as though the staff was annoyed we were there. The valet parking attendant was nice, but valet is the only option at $28 a day. The lobby was modern and beautiful as we're the rooms. However, our room had no bed skirts and our adjoining doors would not open. When I asked the front desk to fix this for our second night, it was not done. There was only an outdoor pool that we were unable to use due to the weather.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2013

So after reading the reviews and looking at some pictures I still decided to stay. The room was fine, lounge and gym , too. I paid for Business Plan , which states shirt pressing. It does not state any parameters other than one per day. I check in to find out that it has limited hours? Well, it doesn't state that on website when up selling the $25 charge. I brought an unironed shirt and was a bit bummed out, but fine. That is until I attempted to iron it myself and it released water over either shirt.

If hotels are going to offer paid for services then they should state the terms upfront. If hotels are going to offer irons, they should work. If hotels are going to give free coffee in rooms, it should be drinkable. Otherwise, don't offer them!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and was impressed with the customer service. They truly care about their guests and that caring goes beyond making the room comfortable. I became ill and they followed up by calling the day of my illness and even the day after. They arranged for me and my family to have a ride from the hospital at no charge to us.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family