2,274 results
All reviewscrystal citycinnabar restaurantambassador suitelobby barroom serviceconference hotelshuttle servicelegal seafoodfree shuttlemetro stationbreakfast buffetking roomvery nice hotelwater pressurechecking innational airportthe room was nice
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I spent the best evening here with my daughter and mom. From the momentwe stepped into the lobby we were blown away with the decor and how wipe open the hotel was designed. The front desk staff were absolutely awesome to us. Joey and Yangkyi were great. They treated us like we were family and not a guest. It was rather chaotic to say the least because of 2 large events but all in all the stay was awesome. Walking distance t everywhere. Plenty too do. The valet parking situation sucks though. The staff running it seems to be clueless and very insufficient on how to properly and effectively run that part of the operation. During checkout we waited over 30 min in te scorching heatto get our car. That part was a nightmare but all in all a great time. I will surely return soon.

Room Tip: Take the metro to get around...it's very convenient and you can reach any where in te D.M.V on it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We have been several times for the 4th of July in our Nation's Capitol, . . what better place to be! When we checked in we did request an upgrade which our manager graciously did for us to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary, but it was downhill from there. We had requested a fridge as soon as we checked in for my husbands meds, and they told us they would take care of it. We left to see some sights, and when we returned later and there was no fridge, someone who was rather hateful told us all refrigerators were out, and we'd be on a waiting list! So, they did take the little freezable pack and put it somewhere at least where it would freeze and keep my husband's meds cool. No one seemed to care really . it was our last time there. Also, a hint, stay down town if you can, it's easier to walk back after fireworks as the Metros are jam packed, and we didn't get back to our room until midnight. bobdes1

Room Tip: try to know a little about the area you are staying, . . this was too far from the metro
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed at the end of June 2012 for a convention. This was probably the 5th time that I have stayed in this hotel. As so many others have said, there is nothing special to recommend this hotel when there are so many others nearby. The check in process is burdensome, as is the checkout. The room was very small, and only double sized beds, not queen. Not enough outlets. No Free Internet! The bathroom was extremely crowded, a split bath would have made it easier for us to get ready for our meetings and programs. My complaint with Hyatt's in general is that the bathroom sink it so large and so high, those of us with short arms and legs need a step stool to be able to reach the fawcet to turn on the water!

We had to request extra everything - the room was reserved for three, but only had towel service for two when we checked in. The cleanliness left a lot to be desired. I was in the room one afternoon when the houskeeping ladies were there. One had to tell the other in Spanish what she needed to do, and she proceeded to use one of our used towels to "brush" the floor of the bathroom and that was what passed for clean. The grout was dirty or missing in the bathroom floor, I sure didn't want to walk around in my bare feet.

Parking is always an issue here, $27 for valet parking, or a garage or lot nearby charged $22-23 for their facilities. Still, better than a $25 overtime meter parking ticket for being 20 minutes late to feed the meter (and that was 8 years ago). I have been able to stay at three different Mariott's in Crystal City - all of them are better than this Hyatt.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed at The Hyatt Regency in Crystal City recently and received an upgraded (I paid extra) King room. The view from my room was Nice as we could clearly see the airport and Potomac river. The room was clean and quiet, except for the occassional group of kids playing in the hall. However, with all of the extra space, and the room was spacious, we only had two and one half drawers. I had to live out of my suitcase for one week.

The staff was friendly and I have no complaints about the overall appearance of the hotel. I didn't eat in the hotel so I can't speak about the quality of the food. It was convenient that the hotel provided a shuttle to take guests to the Crystal City Metro station where you could take the subway to anywhere in DC.

I would reccommend this hotel if you won't be on an extended stay with lots of luggage. Another observation or two... The lobby was hot during the day especially and there was only one computer for convenient airport check in so the line was long. I waited at least an hour befor my turn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We spent 4 nights at this hotel July 5-8 during a visit to the Nation's Capitol. We found the room very nice and the staff very pleasant and accomodating. They have a few restaurants that we didn't eat at as we were gone most days and evenings, but they looked to be okay. They have a Starbucks we frequented and they also had pastries we had in the mornings. We would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 14th floor which probably was quieter than the lower floors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family