2,274 results
All reviewscrystal citycinnabar restaurantambassador suitelobby barroom serviceconference hotelshuttle servicelegal seafoodfree shuttlemetro stationbreakfast buffetking roomvery nice hotelwater pressurechecking innational airportthe room was nice
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Theoretically had a good deal on this for a huge Girl Scout event in DC, and it was only one Metro ride away from the Mall, so I guess location was OK--maybe I'm just not used to paying so much for a mixed bag of a hotel. We had to change rooms as the "King Suite" has the bathroom at the front door--as far away from the bedroom as you can get, and my 78-yr old mother was worried about making it so far during the night. Our other choice was as far away from the elevator as one could be, and with the slow elevators it could take a good 15 min to get down to the front door. We also had to wait 45 minutes for a pickup at the Metro by their "every 15 minutes" shuttle. All the other hotels' went by three times, and I was really wishing we'd stayed at one of them.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City for a conference February 2012. The hotel was always busy with conferences around the clock. The rooms are very clean, modern, have comfortable beds and are fairly spacious. Even though there are several elevators, they're small, took forever to get to the floors and were often crammed or we had to wait for the next one.

The location is not whatsoever in central DC and it's not in a convenient location. There was a small restaurant directly across the street that was open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and had a small snack shop in it too. The food was good and the prices were average. Other than that, the only restaurants within walking distance are the ones in the nearby hotels like Courtyard Marriott, Renaissance, etc. We ate at the Cinnibar restaurant in the hotel for breakfast one morning and the food was delicious and we experienced great, quick service as well!

There is a free shuttle that will take you to the subway stop in Crystal City, which is nice and comes about every 20 minutes. Overall, it takes about an hour to get from the hotel to central Washington DC to go sightseeing- it's a process to get anywhere downtown.

Overall, I'd stay here again if I were doing business. If I were going to visit Washington DC to go sightseeing, the location is out of the way and inconvenient. Regardless, the hotel delivers authentic Hyatt hospitality!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Excellent service and accomidations. You do pay for what you receive, but worth it.

Room Tip: Had a room on the 18th floor. Very quiet, obviously no street noise.
Reviewed June 13, 2012

There is nothing spectacular about this hotel. It is more average than I had expected, as a matter of fact. The design is engaging but the decor is from the '80's. The rooms are cleanish but I felt the need to clean a few cobwebs and such myself. The menu is limited, the food is not consistently well prepared and the drinks are just average. The funniest thing I saw when leaving my room was that the top price that could be charged for my room was $432/night! Are you kidding me? The best thing about this hotel is its proximity to Reagan Airport. Come here for business, but leave your family at home.

1  Thank catsmh
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I was here for a conference. Overall standard large chain Hyatt--generally good service and quality, but I was irked that they don't use fitted sheets for the mattress, and the flat sheets they do use for the mattress seem to be a bit too small, so by the morning the sheets are always pulled loose. I was here for almost a week and had this problem every night. Mind you, this never happens to me at other similar-quality major-brand hotels, so I don't know what they are doing with their sheets.