“Good Business Hotel with Easy Airport Access”

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #18 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I had a 6:00 AM flight from Reagan Airport and needed to find a decent hotel with easy access. I was impressed that the Hyatt Crystal City has shuttle service starting at 4:40 AM giving us a good amount of time to get checked in and through security. The rooms are nice-sized and quite comfortable, every inch a Hyatt. I have stayed here before and I am sure that I will return.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed Feb. 28-March 2, 2012. I would not stay here again, the room was not cleaned and the air quality is poor. I would like to start by saying I travel a lot and I have been living out of a hotel the last two weeks. This was the worse hotel I have stayed in since college. The room was not cleaned and the air ventilation was so poor I was sick due to the dust blowing into the room. The air vent was packed with dust and appears that it had not been cleaned in years. I contacted the front desk concerning my bathroom not being cleaned prior to my stay. I found a q-tip under the sink and hair (long blond) in the shower and throughout the bathroom. I am African American so it could not be my hair. The informed me that they would have the room cleaned for me. For this type of hotel, I would not have expected these issues.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank thicks1952
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay and providing valuable feedback from your visit. We strive to provide an overall clean atmosphere to all of our guests, and it seems that we failed to meet your expectations here. I would appreciate the opportunity to follow up further. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Sarah Dierks, Executive Housekeeper
sarah.dierks@hyatt.com

Reviewed March 14, 2012

The location and friendly staff cannot make up for the poor condition of our guest room. We arrived to a very dirty room that was never cleaned our entire stay but only tidied up. The carpetting was badly stained and had not been vacuumed, and the bathroom floor was very dirty along with the furnishings, walls and fixtures. Our frinds who/also stayed said their room on another floor was in the same condition. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank CherO50

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. We strive to provide far superior conditions that those you have experienced. I would like to opportunity to follow up with you personally regarding this stay and issues you experienced. Please feel free to contact me directly at the email listed below.
Sarah Dierks, Executive Housekeeper
sarah.dierks@hyatt.com

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stayed at the hotel recently while attending a conference there. The room was spacious with a king size bed and seating area. The hallways were quiet and the staff accommodating. The lobby had lots of seating and was furnished beautifully. The hotel offered free wi-fi to the conference attendees which was a nice unexpected plus.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Booked this place through Priceline. Got a good deal. We were upgraded to a suite which was amazing. Hotel is clean and spacious. Enjoyed our one night stay immensely!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I thought this place was wonderful. Lovely lobby, always helpful staff. I had a beautiful, spacious room on the 17th floor. Never heard a peep from neighbors or the hallway. I took the "business plan" which provides the internet, breakfast and a bottle of water every day for a decently priced add-on. The internet was fast. The breakfast buffet was really excellent - hot dishes, cereals, oatmeal, tons of fruit, an omelet station. Very well worth it.

The workout room was great - large, lots of cardio machines and an excellent selection of freeweights.

There is a free shuttle that makes the loop to the airport and the metro. You can catch the metro at the airport, too, which is handy if it's raining, as you don't need to go outside at all. The walk to the metro took me maybe 20 minutes. Plus, there are a variety of restaurants over in Crystal City around the metro station.

I would be more than happy to stay here again, except my business usually takes me to the MD side of DC, and for that it's a bit of a commute on the metro.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CrispyRice
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Rooms are nice and modern. Hotel is clean and spacious. Breakfast buffet is pricey (normal for the area), but decent.

One of my 3 favorite hotels in the Reagan airport area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Arlington hotels
Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
The Westin Crystal City
The Westin Crystal City
#14 of 52 in Arlington
Residence Inn Arlington Capital View
Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!