2,274 results
All reviewscrystal citycinnabar restaurantambassador suitelobby barroom serviceconference hotelshuttle servicelegal seafoodfree shuttlemetro stationbreakfast buffetking roomvery nice hotelwater pressurechecking innational airportthe room was nice
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I looked for the moderately priced hotel which is close to the downtown of Washington D.C. and has a good star level within the low level range I wanted to pay for that.
And this one was the best among all hotels I looked in Washington D.C. area.
This is 3 and half stars level hotel is really nice and beautiful. The location is great, quiet and clean. It is nice to walk around the hotel, and you even can get the bike for $5 (behind the hotel) to ride about half an hour within that area.
Cons: No complimentary internet in hotel and even around hotel in dining places. You have to pay about $10 to get internet in the hotel.
In overall, nice, clean and quiet hotel for the money.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank bakht
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I had compared prices online, but called the hotel to see if there were better prices or offers. As the rate online was cheaper by far, the reservation clerk provided a best rate guarantee at 20% off of the online rate!

This was after confirming the rate I had obtained online. So they did there calculations and confirmed the rate at 20% less than online. I booked for two nights.

On checking out I was overcharged by $100. Per night plus taxes. They would not help me out at the front desk. On return home I have been asking for help from Consumer relations. So far not satisfied .

What a hassle. They are stating , that I could not have gotten this rate, so I encouraged them to listen to the taped message. They did and confirmed that for whatever reason this was not put into the system. However, the Hyatt states a still higher rate than what was agreed upon when I booked this. Also they are charging more for exchange. I was quoted in Canadian funds.Our dollar is worth more than the US $. I would accept even at par to simplify it. No, they are charging extra for US $. At $10+tax per nite. Unbelievable to add insult to all of this hassle.

I stayed at the Marriott, much nicer down the block, closer to metro station, not having to be shuttled from the Hyatt. Bill was as stated

Still awaiting a callback from consumer relations on the final tally. Promised a callback last week, none received.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Sunseeker999999
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I recently hosted a week-long business meeting here and was extremely pleased with the hotel. The meeting went very smoothly and I didn't hear a single complaint. To the contrary, several participants praised the hotel's rooms and the quality of the food and beverage selections provided for breakfast and lunch. Service was very good.

My room was impeccably clean and nicely appointed and was fine except perhaps for the bathroom, which was quite small. The gym was quite nice as well.

Overall, a good choice especially if proximity to Crystal City or DCA is important.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CarstenWilmes
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel while I attended a gala for a govt. agency. Everything was very nice. The set-up was lovely. The room was very nice and spacious. There is nothing I can say I did not like about this hotel. However, for those of you driving, parking may be an issue. We used valet parking. The hotel staff was very polite, helpful and accomodating. I was impressed with the service and would recommend for anyone looking to stay in that area and willing to pay the money. It is not far from Pentagon City mall.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank 2CuteMDchic
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Basically meets the high expectations you associate with a Hyatt. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but it does the job. The room was immaculate and very well furnished. My floor was pretty noisy at night and the soundproofing at the front door wasn't great, but I didn't hear a peep from either adjacent room. The hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk to the Metro station, and their shuttle service to the Metro was a nice amenity. The location in Crystal City itself isn't perfect -- it's at the very south end of Crystal City, a minor hike away from most of the restaurants and shops -- but it's very serviceable. Crystal City is an excellent place to stay if you're staying in the DC area and want to visit the city itself; it's a 10-minute Metro ride away. All in all, a good stay -- I'm surprised this hotel is ranked so low relative to other hotels in Crystal City.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business