“Fully up to Hyatt Standards” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bloomington IL
“Fully up to Hyatt Standards”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2011

The Hyatt Regency in Crystal City is all that you expect from a Hyatt business/conference hotel. The front desk is professional, friendly, and efficient. We arrived after midnight after our flight into Reagan National was delayed and we were pleased to see that their shuttle was still running and the hotel was able to get us to our room swiftly. The rooms are comfortable and are laid out with the business traveler in mind. I know that this hotel has been there a while, but everything in the room was the latest technology and well-equipped, in particular, for someone who needs to keep up with their work back home. Also everything about the bathroom was current, clean, and worked well...along with nice thick Hyatt towels.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank nrstycz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Houston Tx.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2011

Stayed 2 nights at this Hyatt. Used scan to check in - very efficient and didn't have to mess with the line up. Room was clean and comfortable. Not quite the typical Hyatt that I've been too but none the less it was just fine. It was across the street from our meeting and therefore very convenient. We took the Hyatt shuttle to and from airport - no problems. Staff was very nice. Room service was efficient and timely. We walked to Legal Seafood one night and ate dinner in the Chesapeke Grill the second night. Food at both locations was good as was the service. We definitely paid for the location and it was worth every cent. The staff at this Hotel is exceptional!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dukeandfamily
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City Feb 2-7 2011 with my wife and 6 year old son while I was in town for a conference. All in all, the hotel was good although I honestly expected a bit more from a Hyatt.

The check in process was fantastic - Rhoen got us processed and in our room quickly and everything was in order.

We stayed in a King room which was spacious and very well laid out. There was plenty of room for our luggage and the sofa near the window was especially nice for relaxing!

We had wireless internet included in our rate and the service was fast and reliable.

The hotel offers free shuttle service to both Reagan National Airport and to the Crystal City Metro station every 15 minutes- we used the Metro shuttle often - they kept to the schedule like clockwork!

The lobby staff was hit and miss - when we first arrived, we were met out front by a staff member who offered to take our luggage - while we were checking in, he approached me and told me that "your luggage is over their", pointing to the cart by the front door. He then stood waiting for a tip (which we gave) and he headed out the door. We then handled our luggage the rest of the way to the room. Not a big deal, just expected more from the Hyatt.

We used room service a few times and the food was very good. Although it was expensive, we expected it to be since it was room service.

The in room amenities were fair. The bottled water in the room was charged at $5 per bottle (the same bottle is $1 or less in a store) and there was no shower cap in the bath room.

Although I did not get her name, the young lady who checked us out was fantastic - I would love to have her working for me. She was very energetic and did everything that she could to ensure that all was well with our stay.

Again, this hotel was good although I would not pay the full rate for this level of service. At the rate that we got for our conference it was well worth it.

Cambridge
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2011

This Hyatt is your standard business hotel. I was at a conference and they were charging $200 per night plus $25 for parking. Nothing too suprisng there. What was shocking was that they wanted to charge us $175 to connect a conference phone and $125 a day for the phone and... drum roll... $750 per day for a projector!!! Unbeliveable, essentially an attempt at theft. One of the folks I was with did get them down to $250 for a half day use of the projector.... not even a new model. I suggested we could nip over to best buy and buy some projectors for what they were charging. Not good PR for the hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank magicdad
Shenandoah, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank "Caesar" and the entire staff at the Hyatt for keeping my family safe and warm after our car broke down at a local Chuck E. Cheese close to midnight. I was there for a conference over the weekend. Although my car had to be towed, as soon as soon I called Caesar and let him know we (my husband and two children) were stranded he was there in the hotel's SUV within 20 minutes to rescue us.

1 Thank n2atev
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

This is my second time staying at this Hyatt and in my first review I complained about being required to pay for the internet. I have since stayed at other DC area hotels, and now realize that this is pretty standard.

I stayed here when my flight was canceled during the recent snow storm. The staff were so friendly and nice, and very sympathetic to my lost luggage, etc... My room was incredibly quiet--I didn't hear any noise at all, even with the ice machine and elevators being located nearby. I had a very peaceful, good night's sleep--the bed was SO comfortable.

I ate at the restaurant for dinner, which was quite busy with all of the stranded travelers. I ordered a diet pepsi, and it took quite a while to receive. I was just so happy to have a warm place to stay and a good meal on the way, that I wasn't really concerned about it. The server finally came, out of breath, and brought me two cans of diet pepsi. She said she was having trouble changing the syrup on their machine, so she ran out to the corner store to buy the cans for me! I would have been happy to order something else, but wow, that is really customer service for her to run out in the snow storm to bring me soda.

The meals that I had at the restaurant were really wonderful. For dinner that night, I had a pasta meal with artichokes, spinach and mushrooms. For lunch the next day, I had a club sandwich with a fried egg. Both of these meals I would recommend.

One more comment, the driver of the shuttle did an absolutely fabulous job of driving through the snowstorm. He was very careful and steady. I was so grateful that the hotel shuttle was still running, because the taxis and metro had shut down.

I can't say enough about the kindness of the Hyatt staff and the comfort of the hotel--highest recommendations!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank tajgood
Metro Orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

I stayed here for one night a week or two before Christmas, taking refuge from a pretty good snow storm I’d spent the day trying to drive through. I figured It’d be a nice change from the places I normally stop along the interstate.

This is a very very nice hotel and obviously caters to business travellers and conferences. They’ve got kind of the European modern look going on and it did appear quite new. Others have mentioned recent construction, although there was little evidence of that other than the closed gift shop and something sort of work at the valet stand. The multi-story lobby/atrium is cool, and I really loved the outdoor glass elevators, although I could see folks with a fear of heights having problems.

Check-in did take a longer than I might have liked, even though there as only one person in front of me. The young woman who’s line I ended up with was a little on the chatty side and even a bit flirty. But, that was actually kind of nice after a hard day of driving. The room I ended up in was clean, and new, with a bunch of stainless steel and the abovementioned euro-modern decor. I went down to the bar to grab a burger for dinner. They did an OK job, but they didn’t seem to be on their A game. I also hit the fitness center, which had a nice collection of equipment and machines.

The biggest issue I ran across was noise. I had a room on a high floor, and it was either right next to a major air duct or there was some sort of resonance wave hitting there from the AC units on the roof. Depending on where you were in the room, it was either fairly quiet, or it sounded like you were standing next to an idling dump truck. Luckily I found a spot on the bed that was quiet. If my wife had been with me I would have had to ask for another room. Another annoying thing was that they had valet parking only, but the folks there were friendly and efficient. And, for some reason I decided to try that “Internet through the TV” thing you always see the keyboard for. What a waste of $10. The page formatting was completely off for every single page and you really had to fiddle with it to get the navigation to even halfway work

They do not have easy metro access from the hotel, although I read something about a shuttle. They did have their own overpass from the front, leading around the hotel and right over to Regan National. That makes them maybe two minutes from the airport depending on the traffic light.

Overall, I’d say here again. I usually try to say at one of the Marriotts in that Crystal Ciry because of the Metro Access. But, this hotel seems nicer in general than those.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo