“Great hotel: renovated to v high standard. Quick and easy check in and out. Great value on weekends.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Arlington

Hyatt Arlington
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Arlington
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

A very good hotel: the hotel has computers in the lobby to make checking in and out fast. You can also check in for a flight and print the boarding pass there.
The rooms are refurbished and decorated to a modern and high standard. I believe all rooms have ipod dock alarm clocks and radios which are great.
Ask for a high room with a low number (i.e. 1402) to get the best views of either the Potomac and Georgetown, or towards Iwo Jima. The higher numbers on any floor overlook office buildings. The even numbered-rooms are south facing and get the sun in the morning.
Good breakfast included in the elegant restaurant Cityhouse which would also be good for business or special dinner. Cafe Asia up the road is good if you want to eat outside of the hotel, and there is a Starbucks almost opposite, and plenty of fastfood and a good salad place nearby.
All in all it's a good location, great rooms, efficient staff, and great value on the weekend.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank AlexWDC
jimmarino, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, February 19, 2010
Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Jim Marino, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Arabic first
Kabul, Afghanistan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

Location and check in was good. Room was typical Hyatt. FoxNews channel did not work. No mouthwash in bathroom. There are several good restaurants within walking distance. Avoid the hotel restaurant. The food was fair at best and they charged $5 for a cup of coffee. The bar charged me $24 for a double Crown on the rocks!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
4 Thank triwinner
jimmarino, Jim Marino, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, April 6, 2010
Thanks for your review! Glad you liked our location, quick and friendly registration, and overall hotel experience. I promise you we''ll take a look at our restaurant pricing. I know that our coffee now sells for $3.00, and I'll make sure that cocktails are reasonably priced as well. Thanks again!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Arlington for two nights, Jan. 17th & 18th. We've stayed there before, but not since the remodeling. Upon arrival, I was impressed with the new decor. Much more modern. Clearly trying to emulate the W or Westins. Very friendly doormen. Check-in was a breeze. Very friendly staff. We got to our room and noticed the carpet was soaking. Housekeeping was up in a flash. They determined the leak was from the ice machine, not refrigerator, so they moved us immediately. Slight inconvenience, but no big deal at all. I have to say, the walls were pretty thin. We could hear the children next door.

We didn't eat at the restaurants or use the fitness center, so I can't attest to those, but we did enjoy a cocktail in the bar. Good service and fair prices (we live in NYC, so pretty anything below NYC prices is good for us.) . All in all, a very satisfactory experience with friendly hotel staff. We will stay here again. If anything, the location is perfect for the price.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
We're delighted to hear that you had a great experience at the Hyatt Arlington! Friendly staff, impressive decor, good service and a good value! Wonderful. We look forward to welcoming you back time and time again. Tell your friends!
Milwaukee, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

Fairly typical Hyatt rooms; clean all around; non-smoking hotel

1 block from the Rosslyn Metro subway stop

The doormen were, by far, the most polite staff members at the property -- quick to greet guests coming & going and most helpful with directions; Front desk staff was distant & cold, at best

Sound insulation in the room was really poor; could easily understand what my neighbor was saying on phone calls; windows let in a fair bit of outdoor noise; overall, the lack of quiet made it difficult to sleep and would cause me to avoid this hotel in the future

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Iflyyx
Thank you for writing! I was pleased to hear that you found the hotel clean and that the staff was very polite and attentive. I'll have to look into your comments relative to sound insulation. The hotel just completed a $26 Million renovation. I will review your comments with our design team, and will follow up with our Front Office team as well. Thank you again for your time. I assure you that we will work to ensure that your next visit is flawless.
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

We've stayed here 3 times in the last 4 months as my son just started at Georgetown. Each time our room has been great, all staff accomodating and pleasant. Sole problem has been key card to garage sometimes fails when you're trying to get in or out. We had breakfast in room and in restaurant, both excellent. Try the pecan waffles! It's not in Georgetown, but 15 minute walk over bridge to M Street if weather is nice. 10 more minutes to hike up hill to University. Great stay, will go back.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing! I was pleased to hear that you've been with us a number of times and have had great experiences with each visit! Please tell your friends! We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Go Hoyas!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

This hotel disappointed on many levels. The first night, my boyfriend and I were checked into a room with 2 double beds instead of a single king or queen. We weren't informed or asked about any kind of preference at check-in, which I found surprising. The bathroom & room condition left much to be desired in terms of cleanliness -- the shower wall had strands of hair from the previous guest stuck on the wall, and crumbs were on one of the (supposedly) freshly-made beds, much to my disgust. We asked to be switched to another room, but were informed that none were available that evening.

The second night, we were switched to another room, and were told we had received a complimentary "business upgrade." I find that hard to believe, given that the room was on the SAME floor as our room the previous night, and that this new room, while it had a king-sized bed, had no bathtub. It also had the exact same view as our previous room. They were just a few doors apart from each other.

There was no mention of a fitness center anywhere in the hotel, or in the hotel info on guest amenities, so I'm not sure whether it still remains. The hotel was recently renovated, so it might no longer be available. Room service prices were surprisingly reasonable (for a hotel), but we didn't feel like trying it.

Vending machines on two floors refused to accept any money and were "sold out" of all beverages. Calling hotel maintenance resulted in a lengthy explanation of how they planned to approach the problem, instead of a solution. Soundproofing between rooms is appalling -- EVERY sound is audible. We had the dubious pleasure of having to listen to our neighbour's sexual antics in the morning. Every room seems to have connecting doors, which is a bit unnerving, especially when you can hear every sound from the next room.

I've stayed at many 4- and 5-stars hotel in the past, and would NOT recommend this hotel. Other than the location from the metro, and proximity to DC, this hotel offered very little. Very disappointed.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Needless to say, I was disappointed to learn of your experience. Please accept my apologies. Know that the hotel is now completely renovated, the staff is brand new (including me!) and the service and ambiance is simply wonderful. I hope you will give us another chance to regain your confidence,so that we can give you the type of experience you deserve and have come to expect from Hyatt. Thank you for writing!
DC, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

The Hyatt Arlington offers a very modern and comfortable space. It's literally a block and half from the Rosslyn metro station, making access to just about anywhere in DC (except Georgetown) incredibly easy. It's a 15 to 20 minute walk over the Key Bridge to Georgetown, or fo course there is always the option of grabbing a cab. In the room, the flat screen TV, comfortable bedding, work desk, arm chair, and particularly the floor to ceiling windows make for a very clean and stylish feeling. Check-in was easy, and they have automated check-in/out kiosks. I used it to checkout, however when checking in the kiosk couldn't find my reservation. The bathroom is nice, very clean and modern feeling with nice lighting. The shower is excellent, double sized, with two clear glass panels, warmed up quickly and good pressure. For a shower that large though, and at a luxury hotel, a rain shower head or second regular shower head would have been appreciated, but I understand that is asking an awful lot. The only legitimate complaint, is that for a four star property I was disappointed to find out that bathrobes were not available from housekeeping after I called and asked for them. We didn't try the bar/restaurant in the lobby, which is very nicely appointed, however there is a great local restaurant called Thai Square which delivered to the hotel for us one night. Overall, I would say it's a very nice hotel, suited to business travel, and while it deserves it's 4 star status as it's clean, modern, and well appointed, it's fairly cookie cutter and nothing to really write home about as being exceptional. If the price is right then I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
jimmarino, Jim Marino, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, April 8, 2010
So glad to hear that you had a great experience at the hotel. I was pleased that you found it modern, convenient, with an easy check in, great shower pressure and a nice bathroom. The fact that you found it to be a good value is pleasing as well! We look forward to having you back, and will be certain to have a Hyatt robe (and maybe a rain shower head) ready! Thanks for writing.