“Carless and Loving It”

Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
San Francisco, California
“Carless and Loving It”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The Hyatt Arlington is a great location if you choose to be without a car. The Rosslyn Metro is steps away for access to DC or to go East along the Arlington corridor to the amenities in Clarendon through to Ballston. The room I booked was very small and would never have done for a couple, but as I was traveling solo (and used to a small apartment) it was fine for a couple of nights.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Arlington to stay recently. I am glad you enjoyed your brief stay and hope you will visit us again in the future. Thank you for your time in sharing these comments

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Location is key on this one. Right at the rosslyn metro stop. Very convenient and trendy inside lobby. Only stayed one night so can't really talk to amenities. The room was on the 14th floor and we could see the national cathedral. Very clean and all you would expect from a Hyatt. Stayed at grand Hyatt in dc earlier in the week for another part of our stay and liked that hotel a bit better. But honestly still great.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you Elaina for sharing this feedback. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and hope your experience will bring you back. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Arlington
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Hyatt Arlington was a decent stay for a quick trip to DC. Its within walking distance to the Georgetown area. The hotel was clean, updated, and the service was excellent. Our room had a great view of the river and DC. I felt a little taken at the fact that wi-fi was an extra $11 a day, although there is free wi-fi at the lounge near the lobby. The Key Bridge lounge provided a nice sitting area to get work done. The next time I'm in DC, I'd consider staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking time to provide this feedback. I am glad to see you were able to enjoy some of the benefits our hotel has to offer. We look forward to having you back when your travels allow. Thank you for stay with us.
Garwood, New Jersey
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed here last year for a family wedding which was held at the hotel. Very comfortable room, and the patio lounge was relaxing. We were able to enjoy the lounge and patio area after the rehearsal dinner and after the wedding as well. Had breakfast at the Cityhouse Restaurant one of the mornings and food was good. Must single out one of the employees (whose name we unfortunately did not get.) On the day we left, there was a half marathon in the Washington DC area and we wanted to get home without a hitch. The bell captain when we left was nice enough to give my husband alternate directions which helped us avoid bumper to bumper traffic other family members unfortunately found.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share this feedback about your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with and were able to enjoy our lounge for relaxation during a busy weekend on your schedule. I am also happy to see that our associates were able to help out when they were needed. Thank you again for selecting the Hyatt Arlington and for your time in providing these comments.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I recently moved to Arlington and stayed here for a week while I was waiting to move into my new place. First of all, you can't beat the location. Right in the middle of Rosslyn and a short walk to Georgetown across the key bridge. The Metro is so close as well For the positives...I really loved the lounge. Quaint little place with friendly and attentive service. Great place to grab a coffee too in the morning. The bar menu was quite nice as well. I also enjoyed the breakfast buffet, but a few more choices for fruit would have been even better. As far as areas for improvement, the gym is one of the poorest of seen in a Hyatt. With so many other workout options nearby (e.g. Gold's Gym), you'd think a higher end hotel like this could work a deal to get their guest complimentary access. The electronic concierge is a joke. At least in my opinion. After becoming familiar with the area and referring to a travel guide, their system is clearly not complete and in my opinion doesn't include some of the best dining options close by. In addition, I'm not a huge fan of the underground parking. I found it difficult to navigate and my car is a smaller sedan. The price was reasonable however. The hotel also lost WiFi on one of the nights I was there and I never really got a satisfactory answer regarding what happened and when the issue would be resolved. Lastly, the staff was hit or miss. Some were fantastic...others, not so much. I've been a Diamond Member the last 3 years and I'd put this property at the middle of my list versus the dozen or so other places where I have stayed.

Room Tip: Higher views facing north have a great view of the Georgetown campus.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelCub_42
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for sharing this feedback regarding your stay. While I am happy to see that you enjoyed certain portions of your stay with us, we clearly did not meet your expectations in all areas. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the details of your experience so I can better understand where we can improve. Thank you again for sharing this valuable insight and please contact my office directly when your schedule allows to discuss these concerns.
Surrey UK
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The Hyatt Arlington is very close to Rosslyn Metro station so ideal for a quick trip across the Potomac River to Washington DC and not too far to walk to Georgetown. It is also close to Arlington National Cemetery. We had a special Business Rate deal which included the buffet breakfast which was very good with plenty of choice for all tastes and very fresh fruit, etc. All in all we could not fault the buffet or the service. The rooms are a little on the small side but this wasn't a problem as we didn't spend many hours in our room. As we were in Arlington for a family wedding, it was helpful to have an iron and ironing board in the wardrobe to smarten up our clothes. The large shower was excellent with very good water flow - more like a power shower.
The only noise we experienced was from the airplanes either arriving or leaving Ronald Reagan airport which is close by but flights seem to terminate around 23.00. There was also unfortunately a lot of inconsiderate behaviour from other guests on the same floor, but this can happen anywhere. We can recommend this hotel for its close location to the main Washington monuments, etc. and also the range of restaurants just up the hill on Wilson Boulevard.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floor are advisable due to traffic noise from Wilson Boulevard.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ValSurreyUK
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and some of the benefits our hotel has to offer. I regret the inconvenience you encountered with other guests during your stay and hope this will not deter you from returning for more visits. Thank you also for your patronage for giving us the opportunity to gain some insight to your experience, so we can continue working to improve our service.
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I usually stay at the Hyatt in Bethesda but I couldn't get a room on this trip. This Hyatt turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The decor was new and modern. It was a one mile walk over the Key Bridge to the great shopping and restaurants in Georgetown. Parking was conveniently located below the hotel. Staff were very friendly and efficient. The room was a bit smaller the other Hyatt's I've stayed at but there was still plenty of room. My only complaint is that it seemed to be situated in more of a business district. I was definitely the only casual person walking to have breakfast in the neighborhood. I also liked being within about 15 minutes of the monuments.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank EmilyQuinny
Thank you Emily for sharing your experience with me. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and our great staff and hope you will choose the Hyatt Arlington again in the future, when your travels bring you back to the area.