“A Fine, Small Hotel”

Hyatt Centric Arlington
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Hyatt rarely disappoints. The Hyatt Arlington was no exception. Desk staff at all shifts was attentive, friendly and helpful. Whether getting a cab, reservations, advice, registration or departure - all was quite good. The hotel has a great location within walking distance to dining, pharmacies, the METRO and Starbucks. The rooms and hotel in general appear to have been refurbished in recent time with a newer updated Hyatt style. My weekend stay was quiet and just what I needed to deal with a busy convention show at Alexandria. I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: There are good corner rooms with views of the Key Bridge. I think the 00 rooms are the key.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank brian k
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you Brian for taking time to share these comments. I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay and some of the many benefits Hyatt Arlington has to offer. I hope your experience will bering you back again in the near future. Thank you once more for your time and patronage.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,839)

995 - 1,001 of 1,839 reviews

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Got a great deal on a king via groupon. Rosslyn metro 2 mins walk from front door.... Smithsonian about 15 mins by metro... 15 mins walk across the key bridge to Georgetown. Location is perfect. Good gym equipment. I think the hotel offers too many different deals... as you stand in the check in line some get "comped" wifi ($10.95) a day... some get "comped" breakfast ($20 buffet)... some get parking ($20 a day)... some get nothing. Rooms and beds are excellent, staff are extremely helpful... would stay there again in a heartbeat if breakfast was part of the package.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank colin b
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you Colin for sharing your feedback and for choosing The Hyatt Arlington. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay overall and were able to grab a great promotional deal for your getaway. We do offer a variety of packages at various price points that are tailored to fit the needs of our clientelle. These are usually posted on our Hyatt website so travelers can make the choice that best fits for them. We hope to have you back as our guest when your travels bring you to the DC areaa nd encourage you to take advantage of these offers. Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

As always, one can expect the very best from the Hyatt chain. The service was very friendly as well as professional. The overall look of the hotel and the rooms were superb. The view was beautiful. The Breakfast selection boasts a variety of foods to select from. Also, the location was very close to the Rosslyn Metro station.

Good: location, service, room size.
Bad: wifi fee, bad cell reception for t-mobile in the room.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank xoxoza22
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope this excperience will bring you back again for many more visits. I regret the inconvenience with the cell reception, as we have already communicated the matter to this particular cell provider. Thank you again for your patronage and time in sharing these comments.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend in Washington. Arlington is just across the river from DC proper, but the Hyatt is well positioned for a short walk, ride (Capital Bike Share), Metro (Rosslyn on the Blue and Orange lines) or cab into M Street and it's shops and restaurants. Again easy to walk to the Iwo Jima Memorial, and Arlington Cemetery. You're really no more than a mile or two from pretty much all the sights of DC. The hotel itself is standard Hyatt fair, clean, efficient and just a bit dull. Has a decent exercise room, Starbucks in the lobby, good views from the higher rooms. I read a fair number of reviews knocking this place, but for me the staff were pleasant and the room wasn't noisy.

Room Tip: Better views higher up, but then you have a longer lift ride.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Dougzz99
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you Doug, for taking the time to share your experience with me. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope your experience will bring you back again in the near future. Thank you for choosing The Hyatt Arlington.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel as part of our Washington D.C. tourism tour, and it was the perfect place to stay. This hotel is located right across the street from the Roslyn Metro stop, we even could handle big luggage without having to rent a car (or person) to help with bags, and the kids loved the Metro rides into and out of D.C., which are short and easy. The hotel is great, very clean and well maintained, we got two rooms that connected so that Mom and Dad could have privacy and the rates were low enough for us to do it! We ate at the hotel and had an excellent breakfast but we also had dinner from a pizza place near the hotel, there are lots of options, even a Safeway within walking distance. This is a great little secret, right across from all the action, without the hassles and high cost of everything in D.C. We would definitely return for another stay, it worked our really well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian Y

Thank you Brian for choosing The Hyatt Arlington and for taking the time to provide these comments. I hope your recent experience with us will bring you back again, so you can take advantage of many more things to do in our area. Thank you again for your time and patronage

Reviewed September 19, 2013

It took over 20 minutes to check in. At 10 o'clock at night. I was the only one in line.

They pretended not to know about parking options other than paying $20/night to self park in their overpriced garage.

There was a message waiting when I arrived, meant for the previous guest, who seems to have gotten a food-borne illness from the restaurant (based on the message).

They charge $11 for internet.

They charge $2.50 for a small bottle of deer park water. The stuff out of the tap stinks.

The air conditioner is loud.

They charged me $50.22. I conference called them, with my credit card company. The receptionist admitted that it was a mistake. I think they just didn't like my negative yelp review. Who knows.

On the plus side, it's very close to the Rosslyn metro.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for sharing this important feedback. I regret reading about the level of service you experienced during your recent stay with us. Customer service is extremely important to us and I will be addressing your comments with all parties involved, as your insight will help us improve for the next guest. I hope that you might offer us another visit in the near future to show you the level of service of which we are capable

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Arrived after a 9 hour drive, greeted by a very friendly and efficient doorman and parking valet. Waited for an inordinate amount of time to check in, one of the two desk agents was politely answering a zillion questions from a family of 3 who needed directions to every monument in DC if not on the planet. The other agent was equally engaged. Good for the guests looking for information, not so good for the guests waiting in line....me! So where's the concierge???

Hotel is extremely clean, convenient to the metro, the staff is generally friendly and accommodating, room was great.

Irritating aspect is a $10 per day charge for room Internet connectivity, $2.50 for a bottle of water in the room, $3.00 for a cup of coffee in the lobby, and $20+ for parking. I'm all for this chain being profitable but there some costs that should be bundled. $10 for room Internet....ridiculous. But...it's free if you want to use the lobby service. Thanks Hyatt.

Lot of good things about this Hyatt...just be prepared to be "nickeled and dimed".

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jax14fun
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for your time in sharing this feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, however I do regret your impressions and our inability to take care of you immediately upon your arrival. We do offer packages that include such amenities as internet, breakfast and parking. We also offer complimentary coffee in the guestroom, for those guests not interested in our lobby Starbucks Cafe. Should your travels bring you back to the area, please contact me directly so I can ensure we provide the appropriate package to fit your needs and thank you again for sharing this valuable insight.