“Good Location Reasonable Price”
Review of Hyatt Arlington

Hyatt Arlington
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip to DC. The price was good. I paid around $159. The location works real well because its like a block from the subway station which goes into DC and the surrounding areas. I felt safe here and walking around the outside. The room was clean and up to date.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We are fortunate to have a great comfortable hotel in a perfect location to get you where you want to be fast, with many options for dining and entertainment, as well as the convenience of various transportation options. We look forward to your return and thank you again for your valuble time to provide this feedback.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Arlington

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We wanted to give a Kudos to Francis. I spoke to him a few times prior to our arrival. As soon as we arrived he knew exactly who I was and remembered our conversations. He was EXTREMELY helpful and super friendly throughout our entire stay.

When we arrived home I called his supervisor to tell her what a great employee they had in Francis.

Thanks Francis for making us feel so welcome.

1  Thank Patti K
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Patti,
Just a note of thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are extremely proud of our team members and their caring attitude. Francis is genuine in his approach, treating every one of our guests in the same manner and we are fortunate to have him. I will celebrate your feedback with the rest of his peers at our next team member meeting. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just returned from another relaxing weekend at the Arlington Hyatt where we've stayed at least 15 times in the past 30 yrs. It is convenient to visiting DC,whether you use the Metro (only a block away) or by car. The staff is always welcoming and friendly, the rooms are very comfortable and kept updated. The onsite self-parking is secure. They offer great weekend packages throughout the year. My husband and I have never been disappointed. A great place to return after a day of site-seeing!

2  Thank EmW579

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive feedback and for your continued return patronage. We are very fortunate to have a great comfortable hotel and a dedicated team of caring and responsive employees to take care of our guests. Our location does have many benefits including a convenient location to the city with Metro access directly across the street and a safe neighborhood with plenty to do in walking distance. Thank you for time once again and we all look forward to your return..

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Pretty close to the Mall, museums etc. and a lot cheaper then similar hotels downtown. Hotel is one block from the Metro which gets you anywhere in DC in a matter of minutes! Close to the hotel is the US Marine Corps War Memorial (a 5min walk) which is a great place to take pictures of the Mall at sunset!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife & I took my 86 yr old father to Arlington to visit my sister and her family. We stayed there 3 nights and had a great experience.The staff was very helpful and friendly. Zanaidah at the front desk went above & beyond when my fathers reservation and ours got mixed up. The Dining room staff was great, helpful and attentive. Starbucks on the mezzanine in the morning was a plus. Great location near a Metro stop with easy access to the sites and the airport.

Room Tip: We were close to the elevator and never heard it. Our room was good sized and well maintained.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in February to celebrate my birthday. It was my husband, 2-year old daughter, and me. We chose this hotel because they had a groupon deal for $59/night and came with free wifi. This was a great deal in my opinion, but I would has rated this hotel 3 stars if I had paid more.

Pros:
-the front desk clerk was extremely friendly and helpful.
-the Rosslyn metro stop was around the corner.
-comfy beds.
-nice toiletries
-room was clean and had a nice modern decor.
-iPod docking station
-they serve starbucks coffee in the lobby n the morning, along with fruit, yogurt, and some pastries.
-refridgerator in room.....how ever it never really did get really cold

Cons:
-you could hear every word said by our neighbors. It actually sounded like they were in our room. My daughter kept saying "who dat mommy?" because it was so loud. When I checked in we were asked if we had a floor preference. I said yes.....a quiet floor, however we were put in a room right next to two young couples who "partied" to all hours of the night. The hotel seemed to be quite empty so I'm not sure why they thought that a quiet location would be next to four 20 something's sharing a room.
-no pool
-no microwave
-horrible lobby store
-wifi for a fee (although it was free for us, other must pay). We travel a lot, and most places now have free wifi.
-not much to do around the hotel.
-since our neighbors were so loud we had to sleep with the air on the drown out some of the noise. Unfortunately the air vent was 4 inches away from the bed and blew on my husbands face all night. I'm sure this is unhealthy for multiple reasons, but he decided it was better than listening to our neighbors. I've honestly have never seen a setup like this.

Parking was $20 a day, which seems to be standard in DC.

1  Thank chicky2181
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed at Hyatt twice for my child's college visitation weekend in the fall. The hotel was one of the cheapest on the list offered by the University (139$). Even with paying the 2.5$ metro fare per person to get downtown from the hotel, Hyatt is cheaper than other hotels centrally located in DC. It is right around the corner from the metro station. Daily parking was 20$, up from 17$ a year ago. The room was of a good size, with an armchair next to 2 queen size beds. The bathroom was small but sufficient for 3. I use hotel gyms when traveling. This one was nice, with plenty of equipment and towels, newspapers and magazines. Check-in and check-out take a while since the hotel is always full. The staff was okay. I called the front desk twice, to complain about the room temperature and to request more toiletries. Both times someone was sent up immediately, to fix the thermostat and to bring 2 nice bags filled with toothpaste, shaving cream, soaps and shampoo. You can help yourself with a copy of Washington Post every morning. I will stay here next time I come for the parent's visitation weekend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family