Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
Comfort Inn Ballston(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$161
ComfortInn
$229
Renaissance Hotels
  • Room Service
$170
Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$170
$279
$249
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$144
$140
EconoLodge
$209
$133
$259
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnational airportcrystal citypark and flyshuttle servicefree shuttlefront desk agentpleasant staydc areaan early flightbed was comfortablemetro stopfree breakfastfitness centerbusiness centerfew blocksparking garagedca
Reviewed July 23, 2013

After we completed all the booking steps, and confirmed the credit card details, only then were we informed that there was a $16 overnight parking fee. I checked with other hotels on the strip and they all offer free parking. Felt a bit ripped off by this. Otherwise hotel was standard, decent, and middle of the road. The O'Malley's pub downstairs had good food and a limited selection of beers. Concierge and reception were super friendly. There was a big wedding happening in the main lounge, but we didn't hear a thing. There are no views to speak of, so doesn't matter which room you get. Can't beat the location in terms of getting to the airport. And they will drive you to downtown Crystal City (not exactly a mecca for tourism) and back for free. Overall fine place, just wish they were upfront about the parking charge.

4  Thank James M
HINationalAirport, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Mr. James M,

I am glad to hear you had a wonderful stay at the Holiday Inn National Airport. I was also glad to hear that the staff was friendly and that you enjoyed the amenities that we offer. Our goal is to make sure our hotel guests leave 100% satisfied with the product and amenites that we proudly provide. I do apologize about our parking fees, we do try to stay competitive with other hotels in the area's parking fees as well. We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks for staying at Holiday Inn National and safe travels!

Ken Abrom
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed here in January 2013 during a very busy time for the city; I know, I know.... I am late. However, I wanted to share that I had a great stay here.
To be quite honest, it was my first time staying at a Holiday Inn property and I was pleasantly surprised. Hotels were outrageously priced for the Inauguration of our President and we were grateful to have found a hotel in such a great location. Great breakfast. Clean rooms. Good service. A free shuttle. Food options within walking distance. Free wireless internet. Close proximity to the subway---in which we used to travel throughout the city.
I couldn't believe the value received at this property in comparison to 4 and 5 star hotels!
I had no complaints! That's why I give this property a 5.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank KristenWT
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This Holiday Inn was just the right "bookend" for our vacation. We stayed there the night before an early flight and again when we returned from a late flight. Transfers to and from the airport went smooth as silk. No worries about our vehicle as it was safely parked in the Holiday Inn garage. All of the staff were very nice. The hotel was clean and well maintained. Made for a great beginning and end of our vacation!

Room Tip: Request a King size bed if that is what you're used to. The doubles are a bit tight.
4  Thank chefmamma
Reviewed July 12, 2013

If you have ever stayed in a Holiday Inn, you already know more or less what to expect. Big hotel, nice and useful staff, decent prices. This one looked slightly worn, but everything was spotless clean.
The only real problem is the position. This hotel is a 20-30 minutes walk away from the closest metro station. And this makes any trip to DC a long and tedious affair (and hot, if like me you are there in June). Yes, it is very close to Reagan Airport. But since every hotel in the area has its own shuttle, this is not a big advantage.
Definitively a good choice if you do not need to go to DC very often, or you do not mind the walk.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Jacopo B
HINationalAirport, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn National Airport. You are correct about the closest Metro stop to the hotel. We do try to mention the complimentary shuttle service that we offer to and from the closest metro station in Crystal City during check-in. I apologize that this was not discussed. The guest services manager and I will be reviewing your comments with the staff to help improve our level of service to all of our hotel guests. Thanks again!

Yours in hospitality,
Ken Abrom
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed for three nights while we toured DC. The staff was very good to us and the shuttle service was a money and time saver! We arrived at 10 am and the staff allowed us to check in early. The room is very clean and the breakfast is excellent! On our way out, we had a late-afternoon departure flight, the staff allowed us to stay in the room for a couple of extra hours.
The shuttle leaves every 15 minutes from the hotel, but more importantly, the shuttle will pick you up at the metro station at the end of a long day of touring. (They stop at midnight) Be sure to tip the drivers!

4  Thank Andy H