Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
$101
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$89
AscendHotels
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $117/night.

$93
ComfortInn
The Westin Arlington Gateway(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$99
Westin.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $111/night.

$122
$109
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

Crystal Gateway Marriott(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$149
$119
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 51% below average rates

The price you found is 51% lower than this hotel's average rate of $243/night.

Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
EconoLodge
$72
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

$90
$80
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

Hyatt Centric Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$97
Priceline
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

All reviewsnational airportcrystal cityfront deskpark and flyshuttle servicefree shuttlepleasant staydc areaan early flightbed was comfortablemetro stopthe entire stafffree breakfastfitness centerbusiness centerfew blocksparking
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I checked in after midnight and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Very Dry and unwilling to help. Gave me a single bed (I requested a double when I made my reservation) The clerk insisted I called and requested a single (king) bed. The clerk fumbled on the computer for another 20 minutes and still said they dont have a double room. The next day I spoke to the young ladies at the counter and they were very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear alis L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am sorry to hear about the troubles that you have encountered with your reservation. I sincerely apologize if some of our staff was not able to provide you the customer service you were expecting.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us. I do hope that you give us the chance of serving you again in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel is typical Holiday Inn, everything works fine for the price I paid. If you need to be in business in Crystal city, or need to be near the airport it works perfectly.
The walk to the Crystal City metro is about 10 minutes. However, if you use your phone to get directions, google maps will make you go on the other side of the road. So the best way to do it is going thru the back of the hotel (S. Eads St) and turn right on 18th St. S; it does take about 10 minutes. I did that walk several times, including a couple of times at night, and it felt pretty safe. Also there is a 7-Eleven, a CVS nearby, and a couple of Mediterranean restaurants that are open 24 hours, which is pretty nice to have access in case you are hungry at night.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are pretty good. I was near the elevator, which is not something I like, and my room was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Eduardo54
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Needing to get to my destination on the west coast early afternoon, we opted for the first flight out of DCA. I had no idea that the airport opened so early!! I found this gem of a hotel online. Once you find the hotel, which I strongly recommend you map out its location carefully as Crystal City can be a challenge to drive, we were welcomed at the desk with smiles and room key. As I had booked through the Park, Sleep and Fly web site, we needed to stay one night either at the beginning of the flight or end. The lady that checked us in could not have been kinder. We asked for a room away from both ice machine and elevator and up we went. We walked into the room and I realized someone had smoked in the room, we trekked back downstairs and our room was changed immediately-we asked for no smoking as my sweetheart is a reformed smoker. The rooms are not large but comfortable, but we had a good mattress on the king size bed and were guaranteed a wake up call. We decided to eat in the restaurant adjacent to the hotel-furnishings there could be updated and it is or was an old bar. The food, however, to our relief was quite good and reasonable. The waitress a delight. We asked, when finished eating, at the front desk what time we should be in the lobby-4:30 AM. Their driver usually begins at 5:00 AM but they accommodated us without any question. Our room was quiet! We slept very well and fortunately turned in early as our 3:45 AM wake up call came all to soon. The driver of the hotel van was ready, helped us with luggage, got us to the airport within five minutes right to the correct door for our airline's terminal we needed to enter at DCA and off we went. When we landed/returned we called the hotel and the driver came for us. It was lightly sleeting and cold, but the van warm. Could not have been easier. We will do this anytime we need to leave early or arrive super late at DCA. Now you many be wondering about the car. It was February in Northern VA. Weather can be a day at the beach or a blizzard. The car stayed for free the twelve days we were gone in a secure covered garage-part of the package. Use common sense where you park. For cheaper than the price of airport parking we got a good night's sleep, put our last minute items in the car we didn't need for the trip, and had transportation to our correct airline terminal with pick up at the other end.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Linda C
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Have stayed here several times without any problems. This time we had a problem. We woke up and the shower knob rotated; completely broken. We walked to the front desk and maintenance showed up. They replaced the knob, so now we had water but it would not shut off.
I visited the GM and asked how housekeeping could clean the bathroom without seeing there was no water coming out of the tub area? I explained maintenance fixed it but then the water continued to trickle after turning off. He was good about it ; wrote up a maintenance request and hopefully got it fixed.
I still like this property; rates are very reasonable and you're near many restaurants/bars. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dcjw700
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Usually you get what you pay for. We didn't pay much, but we got an awful lot for our money.
My husband and I stayed here for four days as tourists.
First, the positives:

The price. The price. The price. I think we stayed for less than $100 per night, which in D.C. is unheard of.

It was clean and comfortable. If you're looking for pampering, this isn't the place for you. But if you're looking for a clean and comfortable bed with easy access to all D.C. has to offer at a reasonable price, you'll be hard pressed to find a better hotel.

There are two areas nearby with lots of shops and restaurants. It was very convenient. There's even a CVS next door.

Weekday service: The weekday staff allowed us to check in early, which we greatly appreciated. Our flight arrived shortly after 11 a.m. and check-in time was after 4 p.m. Being able to freshen up before hitting the town was a wonderful plus. They also allowed us to check out a few hours late, and the weekday shuttle driver was always available to answer questions and offering us rides to the metro station or the airport.

The negatives:
The service on the weekend left a lot to be desired. After check-out, the desk told us we could leave our bags in a closet until it was time for us to head to the airport. Unfortunately, whoever was taking bags disappeared. We sat in the lobby waiting assistance (after asking at the desk) for a half hour. When we finally inquired a second time, she sent the porter up to some other rooms to get bags before directing him to unlock the closet. Again, we'd been patiently waiting for more than a half hour.

They say the shuttle runs to the airport every 15 minutes, but the weekend driver seemed none too interested in taking people to National. Along with four other passengers, we waited in the van for a half hour before the shuttle driver returned to take us to the airport. I suspect we might still be sitting there had one of the other passengers not gotten out of the van and inquired a second time at the front desk.

It was super, extra bad service from the weekend staff.

This hotel is quite a walk to the metro station. I'm guessing it's a good eight blocks. Under normal conditions, that's not a bad walk, but as tourists, you'll be walking a ton and those extra 16 blocks a day were brutal after the second day!

We learned that the shuttle driver would drop us at the metro when they had time, and the last day we were there, we took advantage of the service.

Bottom line: I wasn't expecting a whole lot, because the price was so good. But the hotel far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple