Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport
Comfort Inn Ballston(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$161
$279
$89
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$183
  • Room Service
$133
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$164
$140
EconoLodge
$222
$186
  • Pool
Hyatt Centric Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$202
$189
  • Restaurant
All reviewscrystal cityveranda cafenice hotelnational airportshuttle servicefront desk staffrooms are comfortablefree shuttlewould stay here againunderground malldc areametro stopan early flightbusiness tripeasy accessbreakfast buffetcoffee maker
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Bottom Line Up Front: Good location, great shuttle, bad restaurant, good bar, horrible check-in for an okay room.

I had to call the hotel from my cell phone because I couldn't find a courtesy shuttle phone bank in the airport. The shuttle arrived promptly and was driven by a courteous man. Check in was quick, but I had to ask for anything I got other than my room key. I overheard that another person was asked if they needed any maps or a wake up call, and they were told about a guest appreciation reception, but the female who checked me in just didn't seem to want to be there.
The room I got was on the fourth floor (424) facing the construction. It didn't bother me because I am partially deaf, but it bothered a collegue in another even numbered room (400) further down the hall. The pool was closed. The elevators took longer than they should have. The bathroom was small. The cable was actually really good for a hotel. There was also a fridge in the room and the air conditioner/heater worked well and fast.
The Potomac Bar and Grille had nightly dining specials while I was there, but the only one my co-workers and I took advantage of was the $11.99 lobster on Wednesday night. We enjoyed the lobster but it took forever to get our server to notice us, then bring drinks, then take our orders, then bring our food, then correct the things that needed to be corrected, and finally, settle the bill. We also got attitude for asking for separate checks. Overall we burned almost three hours in there from start to finish. The host was friendly and seated us almost immediately, the bartenders were great and even came to check on us. Our server and the kitchen left a lot to be desired. One of us ordered a steak medium and received it well-done and with the wrong side dish.
The day I checked out I required the first shuttle of the day at 0500. As I was waiting in line to get my zeroed-out receipt the shuttle driver came by and asked me if I needed the shuttle before he left. I was very grateful and he took my bags and waited a quick minute while I got my receipt. I think overall most of the folks in there were doing the best they could, but the few low performers were what I remembered. I expected better of the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
dattardi, owner/operator at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2010

Greetings,

I would like to thank you for your review on our hotel, Crowne Plaza National Airport, on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate hearing feedback from our guests, as we are always trying to better our service. The hotel would like to take this opportunity and sincerely apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with our hotel.

We strive to give every guest a memorable experience and one that makes our guests want to return to our hotel. I assure you that every issue you experienced will be fully-addressed and is being taken very seriously. We appreciate the feedback; we will use it constructively to improve our services.

Reviewed December 25, 2009

I was guest of the Crowne Plaza, National Ariport on the weekend of the snow storm and unable to flight out on my schedule date. The staff was most helpful and accommodating. They went out of their way to get me all things I was needing that night to make my stay most memorable in the middle of this horible storm. There were no cabs availalbe and no types of outside food deliveries. The hotel shuttle drivers did thier best to take me to a near by store to get some sundries. The staff in the restaurant were working hard to feed everyone in the hotel.

I have to say, I was most impress with everyone's efforts. I am very please with the service at this hotel and will come back again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank memodude2003
ehager, Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2009

Hello,

First, we are so sorry that you were snowed in away from home, we know that can be challenging. However, we are excited that we had the opportunity to serve you!
Secondly, we would like to thank you so much for your review about the Crowne Plaza National Airport on TripAdvisor.

Our company stands behind three steps to excellent service, our 'Big 3'. The next time you stay with us, please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. We are constantly trying to ensure that our guests receive all that they expect plus a little bit more.

Reviewed December 1, 2009

I travel widely and frequently and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Crowne Plaza! The staff was attentive and friendly. The specials at the Bar are great! You can get a good meal for a good price almost every night of the week. The room service was fast and tasty as well. The location of the hotel is perfect! It is located very close to the hot spots in Arlington and Washington DC, and relatively close to Old Towne Alexandria. Its also only a block or so from the Crystal City Metro station. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank InternationalOne
ehager, Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2009

Hello, InternationalOne,

Thank you so much for your informative review about the Crowne Plaza National Airport on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled that you were excited about your stay and shared your opinion with everyone on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed November 18, 2009

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and well kept up. The hotel had the consideration to include ear plugs with the room, which came in handy as the jackhammer crews outside worked day and night, making sleep difficult without being disturbed.

The internet in the rooms, which you have to pay for daily, was very slow. Barely usuable.

The bathroom was very small.

The bed was comfortable, as was the office chair for the desk.

Parking was $19 a DAY, which for guests of the hotel I thought was unreasonable.

With all the hotels in the area, you can probably do better. Look around before booking a room here.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Greetings,
I would like to thank you for your review on our hotel, Crowne Plaza National Airport, on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate hearing what is on our guests' minds, as we are always trying to better our service to you, the guest. The hotel would like to take this opportunity and sincerely apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with our hotel.

We understand that a good nights rest is important to everyone and we want our guests to be as comfortable as possible. So, we offer our signature sleep amenity kits in every room, including ear plugs, lavender linen spray, curtain clips, and an eye mask. We would like to express regret for the jack hammer crews that were working on the building next door during your stay. The last day for the jack hammering right next door is November 30. We have checked into the internet use speed and can assure you that this has been addressed. Having such a wonderful location one block away from the metro and about 2 miles from downtown we offer one of the lowest parking rates in Crystal City. We strive to give you all that you expect plus a little bit more. We have developed three major steps to help guide us in getting 100% guest satisfaction, named 'The Big 3'.

Again, thank you for your reivew and in the future if you decide to stay with the Crowne Plaza National Airport again, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2009

On Wednesday, 10/28/09 at 9:20 p.m. I called for shuttle service from Pentagon/Crystal City Mall to return to the hotel. I was told the van driver was enroute to the airport but would arrive within 10 min. or so. At 9:40, I returned the call to the hotel inquiring about shuttle service-again being told the shuttle was enroute and should be within 10 min. At 9:55, the shuttle driver still hadn't showed up. I called the hotel operator and was placed on hold. I then called the front desk asking to speak to the manager and was told a manager was not on duty, but could she assist me. I explained the above situation and inquired what had occurred and was again placed on indefinite hold- without explanation.

The shuttle bus arrived at 10:07 and I returned back to the hotel at 10:14. Upon return to the hotel, I asked the front desk personnel who was manning the phones for the front desk and shuttle. I was given the names of Krystal and Hannah. When I again asked to speak with the manager, I was told there was not one on duty and the personnel left the lobby--went off to the side area.
10/29 I inquired what where the hours of operation for management officials and was told that someone was available until 11 p.m. I left my name and room number for management to contact me regarding the incident and no one called or attempted to contact me. I was very disappointed with the service and made it known at checkout with the manager at that time he wanted to credit me with the removal of 1 day of internet fees.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank m8dws

Hello,

First off, I would like to thank you for your review on the Crowne Plaza National Airport. We take every review very seriously as we try to better our service to our guests every day.

Secondly, we would like to sincerely apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with our hotel and services. We can assure you that we have addressed this issue and we will strive to ensure that it does not happen again.

Lastly, we hope that if you are ever in the area again, you will choose to stay with us. Again, thank you for your feedback!

The Crowne Plaza National Airport