Our flight was getting in late, so I wanted a hotel close to the airport with a shuttle. After pricing hotels for D.C. during the Cherry Blossom Festival, I decided Hotwire was my best option. They never fail and I got this hotel at a great rate. We arrived very late, after a plane delay, and did have to wait 40 minutes for the shuttle and two calls. This was the ONLY negative. We were told to wait at door#5 when we called and the shuttle was elsewhere. After being passed three times from the Hilton Shuttle, and Holiday Inn shuttle, the Holiday Inn driver called our shuttle and FINALLY we were picked up. As Floridians, we were FREEZING, even with coats. Once at the hotel, we were quickly checked in and collapsed in our very well appointed and comfortable room.
I have zero complaints abut the room. It was well appointed and maintained and COMFORTABLE. Excellent bedding, linens and furnishings. Plenty of plush towels, and I was thrilled when after returning from a 13 mile walking tour of the city, I found spa samples in the room and sank into a wonderful aromatherapy hot bath. We barely spent any time in the room, so this was a very affordable and NICE option. We're a fan of airport business hotels. Very quiet - no airport noise. There is free Wi-Fi - a great working desk, cable tv, and the whole vibe was relaxing. Again, very comfortable.
Each morning we ate at the breakfast buffet. There was room service, but no a la carte option and we wanted a good breakfast. Yes, it's a little pricey. I believe we spent about $40 with tips, but we enjoy a good breakfast. Plus, with what I saved on the hotel itself, it was an easy choice. The staff was wonderful.
The metro is literally a five minute walk away, but the shuttle driver will take you anywhere. We took the shuttle service to the metro and walked back once we had our bearings. We felt very safe, walking back to our hotel from the metro at 11:00 pm.
We only stayed two days, since that is what I booked on Hotwire. When I went back to add nights, the rate jumped from $67 a night to $222 a night, so I opted to find another Hotwire hotel.
When checking out, the hotel stored our luggage until we returned from a day of sightseeing and then the shuttle took us to our second hotel, also in Crystal City. The metro on the YELLOW line, will get you to the Mall in nine minutes. On the Blue Line it is much longer, but depending on your destination there may not be a transfer. Transferring lines always messed us up.
The Crystal Shops at the metro is also a nice plus. Nice dinner options and plenty of stores.
The drugstore seemed to be the busiest..........We needed mouthwash, since we only packed carry-ons.
I also enjoyed the staff at the bar at the Crowne Plaza. Very nice atmosphere to unwind after a long day.
The staff was incredible everywhere. Front desk, valet, shuttle drivers. We just had that one glitch on arrival. We didn't use the onsite Starbucks nor the gym - heck we walked 40 miles in 4 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel in Arlington, Virginia is a first class, full service hotel located in the heart of Crystal City. Only moments away from the Nation s Capitol and the Pentagon, we are less than one mile from Reagan National Airport. Located within minutes of Washington, DC agencies and attractions, the Crowne Plaza has been newly upgraded offering the Sleep Advantage Program for your additional comfort. With you in mind, each guest room offers plush duvet covers with 7 pillows, upgraded linen and mattress toppers, and a 43" flat-panel television. The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel is close to companies and agencies such as US Airways, IBM, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, National Guard , and many more. We specialize in government travelers offering per diem rates. Stay connected with our free Wireless High Speed Internet Access in our public areas and 24 Hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24 Hour Fitness Center. The Crystal City Metro Station is one block away with Historic Old Town Alexandria only two miles. We boast five meeting rooms plus an array of business class amenities. We take pride in providing exemplary customer service and will take care of your every need. Come to the Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel, The Place To Meet! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport Hotel Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Arlington