“Best service, food and business accommodations hotel in the DC area, period!”

Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Stafford, Virginia
“Best service, food and business accommodations hotel in the DC area, period!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Best place in Northern Virginia/DC area by far. My husband and I travel a lot for personal and for business reasons. The Service was Excellent! Special thanks to Mauricio for assisting with all the details. Made it a breeze for us setting up, during and after the conference. We had cocktails and 3 appetizers during happy hour on a Thursday night. Awesome! Enjoyed the tasty and very reasonably priced breakfast buffet on Friday and Saturday morning. And you simply must try their soups (we had chowder & beef vegetable) , sandwiches (we had a salmon wrap and a roast beef sandwich) and their carrot cake. Loved the whole hotel setup and the staff was so nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Donna R
CPNationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Donna R:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza National Airport. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time at our property!

Our team members throughout the hotel work hard to provide only the best in service to our guests. We are delighted to hear you were more than satisfied with their efforts. In particular I will pass on your compliments to our banquets department and restaurant staff. They will certainly be pleased they were able to make your stay at the Crowne Plaza a memorable one.

We do hope you will keep the Crowne Plaza National Airport in mind, should your travels return you to the Washington DC area. We would love to host you again! If you would like any assistance setting up a reservation, feel free to contact me at (703) 310-8979 or by email at libby.vertz@bfsaul.com.

Until next time!

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed three days for an annual conference. The breakfast, lunch and one dinner was covered by the conference and served in the main conference hall. Four rooms were used for break-out sessions in addition to the main ballroom.
The facility was clean and well maintained - no paint or wallpaper peeling, no obvious damage to the furniture, etc. All rooms were well equipped with screens, projectors and adequate seating at tables. The P.A. system in the ballroom sounded clear and there was a dedicated person to handle the technical details who actually knew what she was doing. The food was well prepared and fresh - chicken or crab cakes for the dinner, continental breakfast and various choices for lunch.
The room was as you would expect for a higher end hotel - clean, well maintained, furnished with up-to-date furniture and decorations.
The only quibble was about the Internet access. WiFi could not handle the evening load and that made email challenging. Access was fine in the morning, though.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Tom W
Dear Tom W:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments. We are delighted to hear you found the Crowne Plaza National Airport to your liking.

In particular we are glad to hear you were pleased with our banquets staff. Our events team members work hard to ensure our guests’ events run seamlessly – providing guests the use of exceptional meeting space, a wide array of food and beverage options, smoothly-running AV equipment, ample meeting resources, and more.

We do hope you will keep the Crowne Plaza National Airport in mind should your travels return you to the Washington, DC area. We would be glad to host you again. If you would like any assistance setting up a reservation please feel free to contact me at libby.vertz@bfsaul.com or (703) 310-8979.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Scored a great rate on Priceline for this location. So good in fact, compared to others in the area, I was worried about the quality, but it turned out to be a clean, spacious room.

Hotel is a short (mostly-enclosed, except the last 100yds) walk from Crystal City metro. There is also a shuttle from Reagan National Airport. Plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby.

Staff was friendly. On-site dining was OK, but the Potomac Grille has happy hour prices on appetizers if you can't get away to the many other dining options nearby.

My only complaint would be the A/C was a little noisy, as was the noise from the adjacent bathroom, but since the bed was comfy (and had plenty of pillows), I slept well and the noise didn't bother me as much as it normally would have.

3 Thank BillyB32
Norman, OKI
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed at this property for 5 days on a DC business trip. Overall it is a nice property in a quiet area of Crystal City, short walk to the metro, with easy access to the shopping and restaurants. From the Crystal City metro stop it is easy access to the sites of DC.

Rooms are decent size, although the bathroom I had was a bit small and cramped.The staff were very good and helped with whatever I needed.The shuttle drivers were great. You can call the hotel when you arrive at DCA and they send someone to pick you up. They will also give you a ride to areas around the hotel. I had meetings about a mile from the hotel and they dropped me off and came back to get me afterwards.The Potomac grill had decent food and was a good place to hang out for a drink. Fitness center is nothing special, but OK.

The only thing keeping me from rating this a 5 is the breakfast buffet. It was the same thing ever morning with no variety and a couple mornings it was clear the food had been sitting there under the warmers unattended for quite a while. I paid for breakfast with my reservation and so received the coupons for each of the 5 mornings I was there - which were good for the buffet. In retrospect I would not add breakfast to the reservation but would use the ala carte menu.

All that being said I certainly recommend this property and will stay there again when I am back in that area of DC.

1 Thank bconwayOU
CPNationalAirport, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear BconwayOU:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thorough review. We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us identify the areas in which we are doing well – and those we could improve. We are thrilled to hear that overall you greatly enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza National Airport.

We are glad to hear you our central location – just across the Potomac River from Washington, DC, minutes from Reagan National Airport, and surrounded by a unique variety of shops and restaurants – catered well to your needs. We are also delighted to hear you enjoyed the guest service you received at our property. Our team members work hard to provide only the most outstanding service and amenities to our guests. We are so glad you felt they succeeded.

I will, however, pass on your comments regarding our breakfast buffet to our restaurant staff. We would love the opportunity to impress you even further, should your travels return you to the Washington, DC area. If you would like any assistance setting up a reservation please feel free to contact me. I can be reached at (703) 310-8979 or by email at libby.vertz@bfsaul.com.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I ended up staying for one night, after a long and stressful day at the Washington National Airport on Feb 14. Unfortunately, I was caught in the midst of numerous flight cancellations and flight delays after the winter storms hit the US mid-Atlantic and Northeast late last week. After many hours trying to find another connection to my final destination (Pensacola, Florida), I finally decided to give up and received a travel voucher from US Airways. The voucher gave me discounted rates at various hotels near the airport, so I randomly selected the Crowne Plaza from the different options. All I really wanted was a quiet room, hot shower and warm meal after the chaos at the airport.

I am pleased that the Crowne Plaza delivered on all counts. It is a 5 minute shuttle bus ride from the airport. I checked in promptly and received a guest room with a king-sized bed. The room was nicely appointed and had a calm and relaxing atmosphere. The bed itself was very comfortable, with lots of pillows and good-quality linens.

When I arrived in my room, I decided to order room service since I was starving. I ordered crab cakes and asked if I could substitute vegetables for the mashed potatoes that came with the order. The woman taking my order said "sure" and said the vegetables were green beans. When the order arrived, it turned out to be baked brown beans instead. I've never had quite such an unusual combination before- Maryland crab cakes, sauteed spinach and baked brown beans on one plate. But I was too hungry and too tired to send the order back. It was surprisingly good.

The one area for improvement would be the size of the bathroom. It was extremely small and awkwardly designed. With the generous size of the entire room, the layout of the bathroom could be easily reconfigured to make it larger by at least double the size. The shower was tiny but I enjoyed a hot shower with good pressure. The small, cramped bathroom is the main reason why I recommend the Crowne Plaza for business and/or solo travellers. The bathroom is manageable for one person, but I hesitate to recommend it for couples, families or groups of friends staying together. Other than the bathroom, the Crowne Plaza has many good features and I enjoyed my unexpected overnight stay at the hotel.

Green Features: From what I observed during my stay, the hotel is very committed to sustainability and the environment. Kudos to the Crowne Plaza for supporting this cause!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank J_M_S_Toronto
CPNationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear J_M_S_Toronto:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza National Airport. We are thrilled to hear we were able to help you relax after a long, frustrating day of travel.

We are glad to hear you took the time to enjoy the little things throughout our hotel as well – from our state of the art amenities and local specials in the restaurant, to efficient check-in and the shower pressure in the rooms.

We do hope you will keep the Crowne Plaza National Airport in mind should your travels return you to the Washington, DC area. We would love to have to back, perhaps under better circumstances. If you would like any assistance setting up a reservation in the future, please feel free to contact me at (703) 310-8979 or by email at libby.vertz@bfsaul.com.

Happy Travels!

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed two nights on a business trip and was very pleased with the location and the property. Although the hotel doesn't have on site access to the Crystal City underground or shops, it is nearby. Parking is onsite and underground. Rooms are comfortable and very quiet (10th Floor). The onsite fitness center is adequate with two ellipticals, two treadmills, bench machine, leg extension/curl machine, and an impressive number of dumbell weights. Towels and a water dispenser are provided. The buffet breakfast was good, although pricey; this is DC after all. All in all a very convenient property and would stay again without hesitation.

2 Thank Al L
CPNationalAirport, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Al L:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza National Airport. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time at our property. Our team members throughout the hotel work hard to provide a seamless, comfortable experience for guests. We are delighted to hear you felt they were successful in their efforts.

We are also glad to hear you felt our location served your needs well during your stay. Our location, just across the street from the underground Crystal City shops, minutes from Reagan National, and surrounded by shops and restaurants, is prime for business travelers.

We hope you will keep us in mind, should your travels return you to the Washington, DC area. If you would like any assistance setting up a reservation with us in the future, please feel free to contact me. I can be reached at (703) 310-8979 or by email at libby.vertz@bfsaul.com.

Happy travels!

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Comfortable room and friendly staff! I was in DC on business and Crown Plaza was the perfect location. From the front desk to room service, the staff was always helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet was a bonus.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business