“Great lower-cost choice in Crystal City”

Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Southern US
“Great lower-cost choice in Crystal City”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed here for a night on business and have plans to do so again later this month. The shuttle service from the airport was prompt, and check in was convenient and they did their best trying to accommodate my somewhat-picky requests for a quiet room. I ended up in a nice room on an upper floor, and it was comfortable and reasonably quiet. The bed was comfortable and I didn't have any troubles with the heat. I am a gold member so I got a free breakfast in the morning - don't forget to leave a tip for your server anyway! Food was good and service pleasant. The price was a little lower than nearby hotels - probably because it is a little farther away from the metro, about 3 blocks. However, the shuttle will take you there if you are willing to wait a bit for it. Otherwise, it is not that far to walk. Lots of good restaurants in the neighborhood, looking forward to my return trip!

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor, away from Jeff Davis highway
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed the night before our early morning flight and parked our vehicle in the parking garage for the week. I had made an error with a online booking site and thought I was getting free parking for the week at the Crowne Plaza but that wasn't the case....it was going to run $22 or $24 a day which was worse than parking at airport. So I explained my error with the hotel and they allowed me to book it directly with them and get free parking for the week and it was very much appreciated. I believe this should be the option for anyone without having to work a deal with them.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Was in town for the Marine Corps Marathon. Good location within walking distance to the Crystal City underground shops and the metro. Clean, comfortable hotel with a super friendly and helpful staff. The room was very functionable and reasonably sized. Hotel shuttle to and from the airport. The driver even offered to take us to the metro entrance because of the cold weather that day. Would stay here again without question. Not a five star, but one of the better fours I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This hotel is easily accessed by the rail system from Reagan which also means you can access the rail into DC as well. The rooms are comfortable and the staff pleasant. The offer Internet access. They also have a shuttle to the airport. This is next to the Crystal City Shops which offer shopping and restaurants. Third time I've stayed here and I would return again. The entrance is easy to drive past.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Standard 3.5 star chain. Nothing to rave or complain about the room or the facilities, though the Starbucks on the Mezzanine level is a nice touch. The BEST thing about the place is its location--close to DCA and surprisingly accessible to the district. It's just four subway stops from the Capital Mall!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank aardvarmario
Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night while visiting son in DC. Room and bed were comfortable (I especially liked the spa lotion/amenities in the room). Bathroom was small but towels were large and soft. Very convenient to Crystal City shops, restaurants and Metro stop. I picked this hotel because I was able to use credit card points for a free night's stay and I'm guessing I didn't have to use up too many points because of the construction noise from renovations right in front of the hotel (although we were given a quiet room and heard nothing there). Parking is around the corner because of the construction and isn't inconvenient. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mckinfam
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have always found this brand to be welcoming and professional. This property was no exception. We arrived rather late, and just needed a comfortable bed, a clean bathroom, good coffee and a quick getaway for an early flight. We got all the above. Check in was swift and polite, and I received a voucher for a welcome drink and breakfast as a IHG rewards member. Sleep amenities were provided and the bathroom products the usual quality range. It was also easy to get to DCA in the morning. I would choose this property again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Frederickoz
CPNationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Frederickoz:

We are thrilled to hear you were pleased with the service and amenities you received during your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza National Airport. Our staff works hard to help our guests feel comfortable and welcome; we are truly glad to hear you felt they were successful in their efforts.

We are also very flattered to hear you felt we exemplified the Crowne Plaza brand; it is always wonderful to hear when a loyal IHG guest finds our property on par with our Crowne Plaza counterparts.

We certainly hope to see you back at the Crowne Plaza National Airport the next time your travels bring you to the Washington, DC area. If you would like any assistance in the future setting up a reservation, feel free to contact me. I can be reached at libby.vertz@bfsaul.com or by phone at (703) 416-1600.

Until next time,