“Just Excellent!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Riverview, Florida
“Just Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel should be the model for customer service in the hotel industry. Every person I came in contact with was beyond pleasant and friendly. They really wanted to please their customer. When I arrived at the airport, I called the hotel and the shuttle was there in about 5 minutes. They said it does come around every 15 minutes. You can't beat that! The bar, restaurant, and Star Bucks on the premises were all excellent too. The food was great and the buffalo chicken wings were the best I have ever had! You must try them. There were daily food specials at the restaurant which is nice. Houman was the best server ever and when he delivered for room service, he was most attentive. A friendly, nice person too! I was at this hotel for a conference and many people commented that the hotel was a good choice. The conference was run smoothly in part to the excellent service received by Lauren Madison and Mauricio Cortez. They aim to please and are super people too! The rooms were clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. I will definitely visit this hotel again if I am in DC. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance and the hotel shuttle will also drive you if you prefer. I highly recommend the hotel for a DC visit of business or pleasure.

1 Thank Debra W
CPNationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear DeborahVJ:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are absolutely thrilled you to hear how satisfied you were with your stay at the Crowne Plaza National. We hold our team members to a high standard of service, and we are glad to hear you felt they succeeded in all their efforts.

I will be sure to pass on your compliments to Houman, Lauren, Mauricio, and the rest of our team members. I am confident they will be as delighted as I am to hear they were able to make your stay a memorable one.

We hope to see you back again soon at the Crowne Plaza National Airport. Should your travels return you to our area, I would be happy to assist you in setting up a reservation. I can be reached at (703) 416-1600 or by email at libby.vertz@bfsaul.com.

Until next time!

Libby Vertz
Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Let me first say when you first walk in you are confronted by some amazing smiles at the front desk. Katherine and Candice will make you fell so important. And The Other Lady's Are A Nice On The Other shifts. Next the Hotel is always clean and spotless. The down stairs bar and pub has great food with good employees. Location is 2 blocks from Metro rail very safe area. First time to DC and by staying in Crystal City was the best choice. Value, safe, clean and friendly. Anytime I return I will stay here.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank buzz501
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing location!! From the minute we were picked up at DCA..it was the start of a great stay. A very warm welcome from the shuttle driver, a great check in experience and a very comfortable room was ahead of us. The front desk staff was very helpful in helping us find our way into the city and making sure we didn't miss the best parts.
Our room was very clean, warm and comfortable. For the rate we got we couldn't ask for anything more.
Having the metro stop only two blocks away was even better. We will definitely recommend and stay here again many more times.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank tjonc
El Dorado Hills, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed 4 days in this hotel for a conference. This is a renovated hotel (at least my room and the 2-level lobby) with great access to the Metro stop a few blocks away. The room had a large bed and desk, but the bathroom was tiny with a small counter. Wifi coverage was good. The hot breakfast was good, the same small-ish selection every day on the buffet. The Starbucks in the lobby is a nice addition.
The airport bus runs every 15 minutes in theory, but they skipped my scheduled departure time because the one bus running was late. I got to wait 20 minutes wondering if I missed my flight. The other 2 hotel buses were sitting outside idle.
When I checked in, I had to sign a statement agreeing to a $50 charge if I checked out early for any reason. I knew immediately that I had paid too much but it was too late to cancel without paying for a night. Sure enough I paid about 40% more than the current price online. I suggest skipping the discounted non-cancelable rate when you book and then checking the rate every couple of days or you will pay more than this hotel is worth. As many other hotels are doing, the rate will also vary for each night of your stay. The two Crystal City Marriotts are good alternatives.

Room Tip: Rooms on the same side as the entrance are quieter.
2 Thank passingthrough95
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Crowne Plaza Hotel is a nice mid-tier hotel in Crystal City. The hotel is located on the quiet end of Crystal Dirve, but within walking distance to the Metro and several awesome restaurants. This area of Crystal City has high rise apartments, business offices, shopping and lots of restaurants. It is bustling during the day. Restaurants are busy at night, but you have the feeling of being in a modern village.

The hotel has all of the amenities you need for business, family or couples travel. With two restaurants/bar, fitness center, pool and a business center this is great hotel for a conference (the reason for my visit).

The rooms were a few steps up from the Holiday Inn, but didn't reach the level of the companies luxury flagship Intercontinental Hotels. The beds were very comfortable and each room was well appointed with the usual tv, iron, hair dryer, etc... Crystal City is less than a mile from Regan National Airport (the hotel has a shuttle for convenience); this hotel is near the flight paths of the runways, but I never heard any of the noise that goes along with that!

This was my second conference in this hotel in two years. The food both times was excellent, the staff more than accommodating. The large and small conference rooms are well appointed with comfortable chairs and nice tables. As part of both planning teams, I would recommend the Crown Plaza again for large and small groups.

Green Features: I didn't notice an effort to recycle or conserve.
3 Thank jayhawkinva
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

There were a couple REALLY great things about this hotel. First, there's a Starbucks in the hotel. Second, the staff is very accommodating - especially with the shuttle service. I was traveling with a coworker who had to go buy a new suit and they shuttled him to a nearby mall. They also picked him up and brought him back to the hotel after he was done shopping. We had to go to an awards ceremony at a nearby hotel and they shuttled us over to the hotel with no problem whatsoever. The rooms were fine - no complaints really. Because of their flexibility I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Maureen P
Juneau, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had just settled into our well-appointed room when I turned back the bed covers and discovered blood on the sheets--just a drop, but it wasn't mine. The management immediately sent housekeeping with new sheets, which we put on for ourselves because we were already prepared for sleeping. Management called soon after, insisting that we move to an upgraded suite. That was considerate, but we did have to pack up and move to another floor. The suite was poorly arranged with a lot of wasted space and a very small counter in the bathroom--inconvenient for make-up and hair styling for my partner. The management again checked on us during our stay and check-out and were very considerate. We would probably stay here again because of their efforts.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank drmrru12
CPNationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Drmrru12:

We are so sorry to hear about the housekeeping mishap you experienced while staying with us. Our staff works hard to provide guests with an enjoyable, clean, and comfortable experience; we regret that your stay was anything less. Thank you for leaving your feedback so we can avoid such an issue in the future.

Thank you also for your comments regarding the layout of our junior suite bedroom. I will pass your concerns onto our management so they are aware of the issues you faced while staying with us.

We are glad to hear you would give our hotel a second chance. We would truly appreciate the chance to impress you with not just our service, but our guestrooms and amenities as well. If you would like any assistance setting up a future reservation, please feel free to contact me. I can be reached at (703) 416-1600 or libby.vertz@bfsaulco.com.

Libby Vertz