“Great hotel and staff!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Great hotel and staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We returned to Crystal City Crowne Plaza due to our first great experience last August 2012! This time was no exception. The room was perfect, clean, comfortable bed, and small refrigerator to keep snacks and drinks. Restaurant/bar staff (Michael and Maggie) are the best! Front desk staff is warm and welcoming and shuttle drivers to and from airport are friendly, helpful and courteous. Parking is still a bit tough due to contruction, but I sense it is only a matter of time before all things will be back to normal. Front desk manager, Mario Soriano makes you feel like you are family. Drive to Baltimore was easy, Metro is convenient, and shopping is either a walk away at Crystal City underground shops or one Metro stop away at Pentagon City Mall. The price is right, the location is right and the staff is there to meet your needs! Couldn't ask for more and we will be back.

Room Tip: We had three rooms on different floors and they were all quiet.
1 Thank Alicia K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights with our 2 kids while seeing the sights in DC. We got a great rate through hotwire and location was good as it was very close to the metro station. Hotel is a little old but rooms have been remodeled. Parking was $21 a night but I only had to pay for 3 nights parking as I was able to be find free street parking across the street on the weekend and after 5 the day before we left. Meters don't start charging till 8 am so I got up and put in 2 hours worth before we left on the last day. The restaurant had some cheap specials and was ok but there is plenty of food across the street in the crystal city shops. Pool was good for the kids. Would definently stay here again.

2 Thank 10pont
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Would like to take this opportunity to commend the staff of this hotel - they are outstanding. Everyone we encountered went out of their way to make us feel welcome. In particular I would like to thank the lady who checked us in and out - I can't remember her name but she was absolutely delightful - I'm not very good with ethnicities but she reminded me of the people I met in Singapore, if that helps. She was a real star and I hope the manager can figure out who I'm talking about!

3 Thank Carltona
CPNationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Carltona:

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza National Airport. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff strives to provide flawless service to all our guests, and we are always pleased to hear that we are succeeding.

As for checking in and checking out, I believe you were mostly likely speaking to Sandy, one of our best front desk agents. I will certainly pass on your compliments. She will be delighted to hear she helped make your stay with us a great one.

We truly hope your travels return you to our hotel in the future. If you would like any assistance in setting up a future reservation, please feel free to contact me personally. I can be reached at (703) 416-1600 or by email at libby.vertz@bfsaul.com.

Best,

Libby Vertz
Guest Relations
Ottawa, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in July-August 2013. Shuttle picked us up at airport - definite plus. Front desk staff at check in was very friendly. Room was clean and stocked when we arrived. Small rooms but what you would expect with a 3.5 star. Manage expectations! You want a 5 star experience then book a Hilton!!!

Location is great. Super close to Metro and great dinner options. Very close to airport.

The second day the room seemed hastily cleaned- no fresh toiletries, no clean cups in the bathroom. Sheets definitely not changed once during our stay. I searched for a "put this sign on bed for fresh linens" card but no luck. Last two days beds weren't even fully made- throw pillows and comforters left on the desk!

Unfortunately for us the last two nights our stay corresponded with a group event - many of whom were on our floor. They were loud and rude - screaming down the halls after 11pm - playing music and YouTube videos in the hallway full volume with no earphones. Called front desk two nights in a row. Didn't do much good. Suppose I should respectfully "demand" to be moved next time. Felt that someone could have dealt with this better as ensuring all guests are having an enjoyable stay is the goal.

Perhaps CP should consider what some other hotels and college dormatories do and create "quiet floors". Guests who want quiet from 10-10 can stay there while louder guests can enjoy themselves on other floors without worry.

I am a not someone who pays $100 a night and expects a Fairmont! However clean and quiet are non negotiable for me and we only got that 50% of the time.

I would try my luck elsewhere next time.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Megazz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Megazz,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked around 20 rooms at the CP National Airport for our wedding guests and they all aboslutely loved it. The service, whether we worked with the the coordinator, the reservations department, or the people at the reception desk, was simply outstanding. Our guests came from different countries and places within the US, and arrived and left at different days, but everything was perfectly organized. The rooms are comfortable and spacious, and the pool was perfect for the hot DC Summer days. While not located in Washington DC proper, the hotel is only about 5 min. walking from the metro which takes you in no time to the sights around the National Mall and the White House, and only a couple of blocks from the large shopping mall in Pentagon City.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anthony I
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed here from July 10 through July 18th and check in was a bit rough because it was through Wyndham Jade convention services. The room looked just like most of the photo's added by guests so you should not go into the room expecting much. I have photos and will load them. I did not use their Internet services because I brought my own but I was given the pass word. Always keep in mind that the free shuttle stops at midnight as I would not want anyone else left like we were , because no one told us. We ate at the Potomac, the Starbucks, and the restaurant next to it on the mezzanine floor. I loved the grilled cheese with bacon and Granny Smith apples and soon had the others in my room eating it. The Potomac was perfect because after being at the convention center all day it was a great place to end the day with a quick bite and on to your room. This hotel is showing signs of wear and tear so it looks old. The staff members friendliness is why I gave it the four rating because its not a three but not quite a full four either. I would stay here again because its close to the metro and that underground mall across the street.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank SassySabby
Orange Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This property is convenient for business at the north end of Crystal City, and reasonably convenient to the Crystal City Metro station. If you are arriving at the airport, be sure to use the hotel shuttle, not Metro to get there. The rooms are clean and comfortable, but the bathroom is smaller than it should be for a Crowne Plaza. The front desk staff was helpful and efficient.

The public areas of the hotel are where it's showing the property's age and need for some updating. The carpets in the hallways need cleaning or replacement. The bar could use an update and a general freshening with more light.

In general, this is just an average hotel with no outrageous problems, but also nothing at all special.

Parking is $21/night, so take a roll of quarters and park at a meter if you're just staying one night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FairfaxBob
CPNationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Nick:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback; we rely on guest reviews like yours to help us identify the areas in which our hotel could use improvement. We are, however, sincerely sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your stay.

I am sorry to hear you were surprised by our $21 per day parking rate. We do include this information on our confirmation letters, on our website, and so on. Still, I will certainly speak to our reservations department to ensure they have the proper information. They should provide such information when the reservation is made.

I would also like to apologize for the difficulties you experienced getting sufficient bathroom supplies and having your room cleaned. This is inexcusable, and I will speak to our housekeeping managers and front desk staff right away, to ensure this does not happen again.

We do hope you will give our hotel and Crowne Plaza hotels in general another chance to impress you. We can do better, and hope you will give us the opportunity to prove it. If you would like any assistance settings up a reservation please don’t hesitate to contact me at (703) 416-1600 or at libby.vertz@bfsaul.com.

Most sincere apologies,