$107
$84
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

$99
$73
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$89
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$86
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $111/night.

The Westin Arlington Gateway(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$109
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$95
$81
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

Hyatt Centric Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$131
Americana Hotel(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$80
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

All reviewscrystal cityveranda cafenice hotelnational airportshuttle servicefront desk staffrooms are comfortablefree shuttlewould stay here againmetro stopan early flightdc areaunderground malleasy accessbreakfast buffetcoffee makermini fridge
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport (DC) for about a week early April, 2013 while in meetings in Washington, D.C. I've uploaded photos of the outdoor mezzanine, back of the hotel, the hallway to the rooms, my room's bathroom, bathroom amenities, coffee machine, desk/television, bedside stereo, and several of the room itself.

Please note two things about my review for context: first, I was upgraded to stay on the "executive" 12th floor and received free internet and breakfast, as I often stay at Crowne Plaza (and other IHG hotel properties); second, I stayed at the hotel while the DC cherry blossom trees were blooming, during which time many DC area hotels host many tourists and increase their room rates. I came to stay at this hotel (rather than the hotel I generally use in DC) because all the hotels in and closer to DC were charging rates almost double what I normally pay or had no availability. Nonetheless, this hotel pleasantly surprised me.

I found the hotel's lobby, meeting rooms, hallways, and rooms to be tasteful, clean, and modern. The restaurants and on-premises restaurants/bar and Starbucks were less impressive, but were quite standard for a North American business-oriented airport hotel, and I had no complaints about them except for the bad "elevator music" they constantly played, making it hard to work productively in these common areas.

The hotel's "business center" is not a quiet work area with a door, but rather a line of computers against a wall in a nook of the lobby. There's a free printer for basics, such as a last minute agenda or travel reservation details. The common area and in-room wifi was fast during all times of the day and suitable for business use. As I mentioned, I received free internet access, but I believe it's normally an additional cost per day. The hotel has strong 4G LTE service from both AT&T and Verizon.

The hotel driveway was under construction during my stay, which required guests to walk around the back of the hotel to reach the nearby shops, restaurants, and Metro stop. The back of the hotel wasn't well kept, with old mattresses, dirty laundry, and hotel employees taking smoking breaks littered about. I assume this situation is temporary, until the entryway work is complete. This back area of the hotel was also quite unlit, making my colleague and I slightly uncomfortable when returning from dinner at nearby restaurants in the evening.

Regarding my room, do note that I was upgraded to the 12th "executive" floor. It's possible that other guest rooms in the hotel are differently outfitted. The room had a comfortable king-sized bed and lounge chair with side-table. There were plenty of bedside, desk, and bathroom electric outlets, and a convenient and easy-to-use bedside stereo/alarm clock. The room was very well appointed and appeared recently redone. The room felt clean, fresh, and welcoming. The heater/air-conditioning unit was on the louder side, but didn't disturb sleep. There was a refrigerator for guest use with free bottled water under the television. My corner room on the 12th floor was slightly smaller than others I saw on the floor. Others have a two-person couch with a large table.

The bathroom was small for a hotel not located in a city, but modern, clean and well outfitted. Brand-name amenities from Templespa and Scope were nice, and the bathroom had a wicker-basket under the counter for dirty towels, which was a comforting touch. The shower water pressure and temperature was weak and almost warm (rather than "hot"), and when I mentioned this at check-out the front-desk indicated that this sometimes happens when the hotel is full. My colleagues staying elsewhere in the hotel had no such trouble.

The breakfast buffet was standard for a North American business-oriented airport hotel. The food was good, and one could request specially made meals for dietary restrictions. The staff was welcoming, professional, and attentive.

The hotel is located in a business/residential complex, with several high-rise business centers and luxury residential buildings connected through hallways lined with multiple breakfast and lunch shops. There's a beautiful outdoor mezzanine connecting several of the buildings at the second-floor level, which was great in April, but must be sweltering in the summer.

The hotel is a short walk (5 - 10 minutes) from the Metro, and the plentiful and diverse shops and restaurants of Crystal City. The airport shuttle was running every 15 minutes, upon advance request.

Again, please see my uploaded photos of the outdoor mezzanine, back of the hotel, the hallway to the rooms, my room's bathroom, bathroom amenities, coffee machine, desk/television, bedside stereo, and several of the room itself.

Overall, I'd recommend the hotel for business travel, as it's clean, modern, convenient to DC and DCA airport. As a big bonus for an airport hotel, this Crowne Plaza is within walking distance of local shopping and restaurants. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Twelfth floor "executive" rooms are large, clean, and well-appointed.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank AdvisingSince07
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been staying here for over 20 years because it is near airport, metro, and they have a great breakfast buffet. Really, over the years they have provided great service. They have all they usual amenities such as pool, weight room, free computer

Room Tip: higher rooms are usually quiter
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Gregg B
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff was beyond helpful. I had lost my coat and the receptionist went to great lengths to help me find it. Also the rooms were nice, comfortable and clean. The bathroom was a bit tight, but worked well. Although it was in the city and close the airport, it was quite. I tend to be light sleeper and I slept very well. The location was great - close to the metro and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Darlene T
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. It was very clean and service was great. Staff was all very friendly, they obvioisly knew regular guests from the airlines. Our room was large and clean. There were lots of nice little extras like tea with the coffee and cotton balls. The cleaning staff replaced the tollitries everyday even when they were still half full.

The Starbucks in hotel has really short hours and they aren't very good, but rhe lunch cafe is great. The bar is good, but rhe happy hour specials are small. Still reasonablly priced though.

The location is good. Close to a shopping mall and some outlets. Also very close to a metro stop.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Kassie H
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This was a great hotel. One if the main perks was their free shuttle service that will take you to anywhere in Crystal City. It dropped us of at Legal Sea Food for dinner than picked us up at the CVS afterwards. Very convenient. Also, very close to the metro station. You can cut through the Crystal City shops I get to the station.

• Stayed: April 2013