A great hotel to use as your home base for a trip to Washington. Doesn't look like much on the outside compared to some of the other Crystal City hotels, but don't let that fool you. The room was elegant, clean and comfortable, and I had a great night's sleep here. The Starbucks on the mezzanine level was a great amenity, as was the complimentary in-room internet (which I was surprised to find at a hotel at this star level). Missed out on the pool because it opens on Memorial Day, so I can't speak to that, and I didn't try the restaurant either. However, you're a five-minute walk to the many restaurants in Crystal City.
Even better, the Metro station is about a three-minute walk, which gives this hotel the upper hand over other Crystal City hotels if you're planning on using the Metro to visit DC. The quickest way to the Metro isn't well-marked for pedestrians, but it's a short walk down Bell Street (go left exiting the lobby, go around the outside of the hotel, and it's the first road you see perpendicular to the hotel facing south). The Crystal City Metro is three stops away from the National Mall on the Yellow line, but I'd also recommend going three stops on the Blue line to Arlington Cemetery and walking across the bridge over the Potomac to get to the Lincoln Memorial and other nearby sights.
All in all, hard to beat in the area. The only downside at the moment is the construction next door (which looks like it may be winding down in the next few months). The construction appears to have blocked off the Crystal Drive entrance to the hotel, so finding your way in is a bit difficult - drivers may want to call in advance. Still, I didn't hear anything in my room (which was on one of the upper floors), so it's only a minor nuisance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel in Arlington, Virginia is a first class, full service hotel located in the heart of Crystal City. Only moments away from the Nation s Capitol and the Pentagon, we are less than one mile from Reagan National Airport. Located within minutes of Washington, DC agencies and attractions, the Crowne Plaza has been newly upgraded offering the Sleep Advantage Program for your additional comfort. With you in mind, each guest room offers plush duvet covers with 7 pillows, upgraded linen and mattress toppers, and a 43" flat-panel television. The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel is close to companies and agencies such as US Airways, IBM, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, National Guard , and many more. We specialize in government travelers offering per diem rates. Stay connected with our free Wireless High Speed Internet Access in our public areas and 24 Hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24 Hour Fitness Center. The Crystal City Metro Station is one block away with Historic Old Town Alexandria only two miles. We boast five meeting rooms plus an array of business class amenities. We take pride in providing exemplary customer service and will take care of your every need. Come to the Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel, The Place To Meet! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport Hotel Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Arlington