“Rude staff!”

Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I stayed here more than once and it never fails. The staff is unprofessional and rude! Just to give you one example: I called the front desk from their gym once and asked to please bring down some clean towels. The response was "the cleaners are gone already" CLICK.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Tyra111
nipiotrowska, Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Dear Tyra111:
First and foremost, we apologize for the rude encounter that you experienced. Please know that this is an isolated situation and not a trend as you see from previous praises of our staff. At Crowne Plaza National we work hard in accommodating each guest and giving them a pleasant experience, a home away from home. We hope that despite your encounter, we will have the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

I really liked the beds, the room, the service at the front desk, etc. But I was disappointed by the shuttle pick-up ... I suppose that it could have been mostly bad luck. I called the front desk from the airport and they said the shuttle would be there in 5 minutes; yea, I said. Sounds great. In about 30 seconds I was out on the curb waiting for the shuttle ... and it was cold and windy. Turns out the front desk probably didn't talk to the shuttle driver because the shuttle had already departed ... not five minutes ... maybe five seconds or had already departed when I spoke with the front desk. So it was 3 more calls and 35 minutes or more before the shuttle picked me up. If I had known, I would have taken a taxi. On the return the shuttle was great ... ready to go when I was ready to leave the hotel. I guess sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you're not. I just think that the front desk and the shuttle driver need to coordinate more.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank AK_Steve_AK
nipiotrowska, Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

Dear AK_Steve_AK,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us, Crowne Plaza National! We apologize for the miscommunication about our shuttle arrival, please be sure that this was an isolated incident and we have addressed it with the front desk. We hope that next time you fly into the Washington, D.C.- Crystal City area you choose to stay with us, Crowne Plaza National!
Regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2011

I travel with very low expectations of a hotel. However, this Crowne Plaza made me feel that I can be wrong. The hotel is very clean and simple, well appointed but nothing over-the top. The staffs on the other hand are top notch, they seem to be working for a luxury hotel with luxury service.

I can start by telling you about the shuttle. The best in town, they would accommodate you with happiness to go shopping and dine in the local area, just ask for it. Then later by just making a call they will pick you up. The drivers are very friendly.

The front desk staff is very professional yet not too snobby. The people who work the desk make you feel like celebrity. They treat you with respect and make you feel important, like they care about you.
The breakfast was good and the service better than the food. But you can ignore that by the incredible service and attentiveness we received.
Everyone here is amazing, I recommend to anyone to stay here. You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank traveler_solo60864

Hello traveler_solo60864,
Of course we care about you! Our goal is to provide exceptional service to each individual guest so, we are very pleased that we were able to achieve that with your stay. We hope that staying with us you can expect more from other lodging.
We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed December 25, 2011

I was a guest at the Crowne Plaza in early December 2011. I would normally not take the time to write one of this review but after experiencing the high level of service provided by everyone, I felt that other people should know about my experience.

Arrived on a Saturday at Regan Airport (DCA) and a friendly driver came to pick me up who help me to get my luggage on the van but also with my older parents who required assistance getting on the shuttle. Mohamed, the driver then also when ahead to welcome us all to the area and as he drove through Crystal City he was telling us about restaurants and shopping. I thought it was excellent.

The front desk staff at check in provided us with metro maps and sold us the day passes for the next day DC trip we had planned. The staff took time to make sure we had everything we needed to make sure our trip was special. As first timers to the area they did make a difference by explaining clearly what we needed to do.

I first I thought we were dreaming all the excellent service we were receiving, what a treat! However, the next day my wife and I got back from a long day of touring and we found our room smelling fresh and perfectly made that were shock and realize this was no coincidence, it had to be a great operation behind the scene who makes this happen.

We stayed 3 nights and we had the most pleasant experience. We stayed at this hotel because of the price but after my experience I would come back even at a higher price. The breakfast rooms and the Potomac bar and Grille are fine but they feel they are not part of the hotel. The front desk staff really tries to sell it but when you go in it feel different. The food was fine and it is still convenient to have an option at the hotel.

The local shopping and restaurants are nice and they provide shuttle service upon request. They even drove us to a near by catholic church and then later they came to pick us up.

We will be back to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Luis A

Hello Luis A,
It is reviews as yours that make a difference to our travels in helping them choose Crowne Plaza National Airport as their lodging. We are very pleased to hear that we have exceed your expectations during your stay, our team works very hard on providing exceptional service to each individual guest. We will be sure to share your review with our Crown Plaza National Team!
We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed December 22, 2011

This hotel is about a mile from Reagan airport. Very convenient and in a nice area. Many airports are located in not so nice areas with higher gas prices when returning rental cars. Not so with this location. It also has a restaurant and bar in the lobby. The food was average and a little overpriced but it is a Crowne Plaza in a downtown location. I am a platinum member and the front desk can sometimes waive my parking fee as one of the perks but not the case here which was a little disappointing. Overall, would stay again since I got a pretty good rate on it on the weekend of the Army Navy game.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jjscott

Hi jjscott,
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our property, Crowne Plaza National, during the Army Navy game! We hope that all of our guests see the perks and benefits of becoming a platinum member!
Thanks for staying with us, we look forward to serving you again!
Crowne Plaza National Team

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Unfortunately, I have to stay at this hotel fairly often as my company provides my lodging when I'm in the DC area. During many of my recent stays I have experienced small (apple seed) sized bugs crawling (or dead) on the beds and surrounding areas and have had to change my room numerous times. The front desk claims that they are not "Bed Bugs" but couldn't tell me what they were. In my opinion, if they are in my bed, they are "Bed Bugs". Regardless of what type of bug they are, this hotel has some type of infestation and needs to address the problem.

I suggest you do a thorough search (under mattress and bedskirt) of your bed and surrounding areas when you stay in any hotel and especially if you are staying at the Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank JetBlueDriver
nipiotrowska, Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Dear JetBlueDriver,

We, Crowne Plaza National Airport, wish to offer our sincere apologies in this unfortunate experience. Please know that as soon as this was brought to the attention of guest services we immediately investigated the claim. A third party inspection crew, Steritch, came in to thoroughly examine each room and reported no sign of bed bugs but small lady bug in one of the rooms.
Crowne Plaza National takes such cases very seriously working diligently through each investigation to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
Again, we extend our sincerest apologies for this inconvenience during your stay. We do hope of having the pleasure of serving you again.

Regards,
Crowne Plaza National Team

Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stay here for work. The Hotel is nice and clean. Not a 4 star hotel, but good enough for me while I'm working.
I posted couple of pictures so you can see for yourself.
The beds are very confortable and clean. Loooove the spray they give you for the linens. :-)
The staf is very friendly and welcoming.
They have a shuttle that will pick you up at the Airport (DCA) and they are very good about that.

Very good location... tons of restaurants around and only one block from the metro. That, my friends, is very convenient.

It may need a little update, especially the Restaurant downstairs, but their staff is super friendly and they will makle you feel at home. I ordered a steak Medium and it was very over cooked, but she was so nice that I did not complaint.

If you need to stay in Crystal City or just for couple of nights near the Airport, this is a good hotel to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Fllblueguy

Hello Fllblueguy,

Thanks for your review on our hotel, Crowne Plaza National Airport, on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff and amenities suited to your needs. Due to our convenient location to the Nation’s Capitol we hope that you found time to sightsee all the wonderful monuments and museums.
We hope that next time you’re visiting Crystal City, Virginia or Washington, D.C. you decide to stay with Crowne Plaza National!

Looking forward to serving you again!