47 people are viewing this hotel
$142
Free cancellation until 07/03/22
$127
Free cancellation until 07/03/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
$116
Hotels.com$127
Travelocity$127
Lol.travel$145
All reviews crystal city front desk crystal drive within walking distance free shuttle metro station dc area the shuttle driver dca airport enjoyed my stay starbucks potomac parking elevator conference mall virginia
Selected filters
Reviewed February 8, 2011

The room was comfortable and the location convenient. But the food is worse than take out! I ordered room service and asked them to verify with the chef that my meal was gluten free. That it is free from wheat, rye, barley and oats. Unlike other places I have stayed, where the chef and wait staff are familiar with a gluten free diet, this establish is not only unaware of what gluten free means, I would add they don't even care to find out. In a couple of hours, I became very sick and needed to contact emergency services.

I have never had a worse experience in the 15 years that I have been on a gluten free restricted diet. I have never run across an establishment more careless.

Date of stay: January 2011
3  Thank GlutenFreeGF
wilkersonj, Chef at Crowne Plaza Crystal City-Washington, D.C., an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

I would like to extend my deepest apologies for the unpleasant dining experience that you received during your stay at the Crowne Plaza National Airport earlier this month. As a Torchbearer Award winning hotel, we pride ourselves on practicing safe food service as well as properly delivering a commendable dining experience in our restaurant and lounge areas. We follow strict HAACP food service guidelines when we are purchasing, storing and serving all Food and Beverage as a brand standard. Unfortunately, we fell short of meeting your expectations during your visit. We as a management team will continue to educate ourselves as well as the culinary team on the importance of following the same high quality standards as it pertains to understanding and communicating any guests dietary needs or restrictions. Myself as well as the Food and Beverage team would like to apologize again for failing to live up to the standard of quality that you expect when visiting the Crowne Plaza National Airport.

We hope to regain you as a valued customer in the future and appreciate your valued feedback.

Chef Sean Thomas
Crowne Plaza National Airport

Reviewed October 16, 2010

I travel with my wife and my almost 4 year old. This hotel staff was just the most friendly people I have encounter in any hotel I have stayed. One of the front desk employeess went out to find candy for my kid. I was just impressed by just that to bigin with....However, the employees at the front desk were so wonderful that they got a toy for my child next day and they called us by last name, they offered shuttle service, and they even helped my wife with the bags as she stumble through the front door after shoppinig...I know this maybe is nothing for some people but for me and my wife it was just unique. The restaurant has a kid menu if not the staff will try to find something that may not even be on the menu.

The restaurant has daily special Monday - Friday at a very affortable price. Ther is shuttle service to Pentagon City shopping mall, local restaurants, and the Regan National Airport (DCA) The bellmen is very friendly, and again the wait staff and the front desk most accommodating. The lady who is always greeting guest in the restaurant is a plus to see because she always smiling.

This hotel is not new or very luxurious but it is very clean and the management and staff are very friendly and accommodating.

Date of stay: October 2010
1  Thank Memo5
ehager, Manager at Crowne Plaza Crystal City-Washington, D.C., an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2010

Greetings!

First, thank you for your stay with your family at our hotel in Crystal City. Second, thank you for your review on our hotel. We are so glad to hear that our guests appreciate our service because we take great pride in knowing that our guests receive everything they expect plus a little bit more. We like to believe that we have the best team members in the world.
Lastly, if you are ever back in the area, we hope that you and your family decide to visit us again.

Cheers!
The Team at the Crowne Plaza National Airport

Reviewed October 11, 2010

I stayed here the weekend of october 9th. It's in a great location in Crystal City and about 2 or 3 blocks from a metro station. The hotel lobby has a nice decor, a small business like center with a couple of computers/printer, a restaurant and starbucks on site. My check-in was rather easy but I was disappointed when entering the room. It's very outdated, dating back to the 90's. The newest thing in there is a flat screen tv. The wall had wall paper with stains on them, older furniture etc. However there was a fridge. Maid service came early the next morning as well. The location is a big plus because its within walking distance to alot of restaurants and Mt. Vernon trail as well so you can exercise. I was most disappointed with the service. I had to hurry to get into downtown DC and I was given the wrong direction to the metro by the front desk person. After walking around in heels for longer than I had needed to, I went back to the front desk and asked if they could call a cab. The reply I got was "take the shuttle to metro, cab service is very hard to get" well, thanks alot but thats not what I asked you for. The other problem with service was when I asked about parking. I was told I could pay $19 in the garage. I asked about street parking and was told I had to pay on a meter. Be advised that if you stay in this area on the weekend all the public parking garages are free after 4pm, so you don't have to pay anything! Also, street parking is free after 6 on friday and saturday and free all day on Sunday. don't get suckered into paying for parking here if you don't have to.

If you get a good deal on this hotel and your only staying for a weekend I would reccommend it. Otherwise for the price point I think you can find something better in the area. I think its better suited for a business traveler.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank yumyum90
ehager, Manager at Crowne Plaza Crystal City-Washington, D.C., an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2010

Hello and thank you for your detailed and informational review on our hotel, the Crowne Plaza National Airport. We take every review very seriously, as this is our opportunity to improve our service to you, our guest.

We would like to apologize that you were given incorrect directions to the Crystal City Metro Station and assure you that this has been taken care of. We are located about a block from the metro, just a short walk. Because of our location to the metro and to the District of Columbia, we charge for parking, just as all other hotels in the area do. We do advise our guests to park in our parking garage, only because the ticketing and tow service is extremely strict in the area. The parking garages are free after 4PM but not for overnight parkers and the meters are ticketed starting at 6AM.

One of our three steps to service excellence is ensuring that every guest receives all that they expect plus a little bit more, so during your next stay in the Washington, DC area, we hope that you choose to stay with us again. If you choose us, please let us know how you can receive all that you expect.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

I had the pleaseure of staying at this hotel for 3 1/2 months due to work. The place is clean and neat. The staff is helpfull, firendly and will to go the extra mile. during my time here. The front desk person Sandy and the bartender Jeff took very special care of me and made my time here easy to enjoy.

Date of stay: September 2010
1  Thank fturczyn
ehager, Manager at Crowne Plaza Crystal City-Washington, D.C., an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2010

Hello,

Wow! What a stay!? 3 ½ months away from home is a long time. We truly appreciate your long stay and your review. Our guests’ reviews help us understand what they want and helps us improve our service. We are so glad that you were able to experience what excellent team members we have in our hotel. The team at the Crowne Plaza National Airport strives to be the best in the world and provide service excellence everyday.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

I have never written a review before, but felt compelled after my experience at this hotel. I came down for the weekend to attend a wedding in the hotel (which was a lot of fun), and we had a very enjoyable stay in the hotel.

What impressed me, however, happened after we returned home. Mistakenly thinking one of our bags made it into the car and home with us, I realized 4 days later that the bag was not, in fact, home with us, which promptly led me to panic. We had left behind a bag full of expensive handbags and shoes, which I was convinced I would never see again.

A quick phone call to housekeeping in the hotel and I was quickly put in touch with Shannon, who handled the situation brilliantly, especially given that I was flustered and upset at the thought of my items being gone. However, she was so calm and reassuring and polite. Sure enough, I had left the bag in the room. It had been turned in by our housekeeper, Sarah, and Shannon quickly popped it in the mail back to us. Even after there was a small delivery snafu with the post office, I was able to call back Shannon and she had all the necessary tracking information at her fingertips to give to me.

I just received the package in the mail today, with every last item in it exactly how we left it. I hate to sound like a skeptic, but in today's world, you never know. Needless to say, I was impressed from start to finish with how our forgotten item was handled by Shannon and the rest of the staff, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the future.

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank gretchk

Hello!

Thank you for writing your first review on our hotel! We are so glad that you had a positive experience during your trip, even though you left a bag behind! We know how stressful that can be and we are so glad that we were able to assist you in finding your bag. We take great pride in our team members and like to think that we have the best in the world! One of our three steps to service excellence is to provide the guest with everything that they expect, plus a little bit more.
Again, thank you for your review and for you stay with us. We hope that if you are ever back in the area that you choose to stay with us again!