“A Lovely Memory”

Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston
Ranked #32 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed September 29, 2010

My husband and I have just returned from a touring trip of Eastern USA. We stayed at this hotel as part of our US experience. We found the hotel to be well placed, beautiful and clean. Rooms spacious which had all the requisites you need ie hairdryer, ironing board etc. The front desk manager John was especially helpful, polite and knowledgeable about the area ( and very smart in dress)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 29, 2010

Just a one night business trip, but the hotel made things easy.
Very attentive staff that make you feel welcome.
Logistics to/from Regan National Airport was a 15 minute <$20 cab ride.
Close proximity to the Metro and DC sight seeing locations is ideal. I would not hesitiate to bring my family back here on vacation.
Only one issue with the wireless internet that was fixed within a couple of hours.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Our room was not available upon arrival because the previous guest reversed to leave the room. Sade, at the front desk, offered us another room with a king instead of 2 queens and my sister & I accepted with the understanding that they would move us the next day. After we settled into the room, we decided we did not want to move and that the room was just fine for us. They gave us a $20 gift certificate for breakfast in apology. We understood that it was not their fault that the previous guest had extended his stay. Franklin was very helpful in helping us find a good place to have crab cakes by calling a friend on his cell phone. All staff very courteous and friendly. Would stay there again in a heartbeat. Easy to get to DC. I have one request of the management. Do not get rid of the little train that travels the ceiling line in the restaurant. It was not working when we were there due to not being able to find the parts needed for repair. A good fix-it person could get it going. The train represents Acey Station and should be kept alive for posterity. Don't remove that charming aspect of your hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I stayed here with my wife for a conference at Marymount University and then spent a few extra days doing some sightseeing in Washington. The hotel is excellent: the staff are friendly, the rooms are clean, the breakfast was good and the atmosphere is bright and up-beat. The hotel is about a five to ten minute walk from the subway, but upon leaving you can get the hotel shuttle to take you there. The shuttle driver is great - nothing is too much trouble. Ballston is also a pleasant place to stay, with plenty of places to eat and drink at reasonable prices. It's about 20 mins from the centre of DC and the subway is clean, efficient and safe. One minor criticism: I would have liked the hotel bar to have stayed open a little later. On return to the hotel at around 11.30 each evening, the bar had closed - a shame when you fancy a hightcap!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I've been staying at this hotel for the past 10 years and the service from the staff has always been first rate. Martha who manages the restaurant staff and Roberto, in the hotel's lounge have become close friends over the past 10 years. I've stayed here at times for 11 weeks straight and have stayed here enough to accumilate over 500,000 priority club points. There are many hotels in this area, but I always come back to here and would recommend it for business travel or to visit the area during your vacation.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2010

From the planning stages through the final day of our week long reunion for a large group of Military Police from the same company in Vietnam, the Holiday Inn provided the customer service, dedication and attention required to meet and exceed all expectations. They fulfilled all promised ammenities and more to assure our group a meaningful and pleasant experience. The Group Sales team worked particularily hard to accomodate everyone attending and went out of ther way to follow up on inquires and questions to assist all reunion attendees. The dedicatead staff of the Holiday Inn Arlington at Ballston made me look good as one of the reunion organizers! I would highly recommend this location of the Holiday Inn when planning your group event!

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed May 28, 2010

Despite having an advanced / prepaid reservation for a non-smoking room, I was given a smoking room. The staff did not inform me that I was being assigned a smoking room at check-in time (a courtesy I expect the staff to extend, especially since I had paid upfront prior to arrival). Having checked in very late, I did not notice until the next day that I was on a smoking floor. I brought this to the attention of the staff and was told that the hotel was fully booked.

Overall, I had a poor customer service experience at this property. The room was overpriced for what it offers.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business