“Great Hotel”

Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I accompanied my husband on his buisness trip. This is a clean hotel. The front desk staff was very helpful. The cleaning staff very friendly. We LOVE the bartender, Roberto! I left behind a set of earrings but called as soon as I thought of them. They not only found them but are holding for husband to pick up on his next trip. Wonderful experience!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
Indianapolis
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My daughter and I chose this location as our home base for a long weekend of sight-seeing in DC. I wanted a place close to a metro station, and one that could guarantee me a room with two double beds. I was unfamiliar with Ballston, so candidly, there were other hotels at other locations that I would have preferred, but they couldn't guarantee the kind of room I wanted.

This one could, so we took it. While it is near the metro, I'd say it's a bit further away than some have described; maybe more like 4 or 5 blocks. That's still not bad, but you do feel the last few blocks walking from the metro after a long day of walking around DC. Having said that, its proximity to the interstate makes it easy to get there by car. And it's in a good, safe, quiet, pleasant area that's very walkable at night and has decent restaurants nearby.

The room was clean (mostly) and comfortable, including the bed and linens. I noticed some of the wallpaper was old and starting to come loose, and I also noticed an off-putting smudge on the wall that was either ketchup or blood! But it was small, and I didn't complain.

I agree with those who said that breakfast was good, but a little on the expensive side. But if you're in a hurry, it's the way to go. IHOP is down the street near the metro, but it's a little slower, and really not much cheaper.

I want to commend the staff at this location. They were professional and welcoming always, and even gave us free band aids when my daughter developed a blister on her foot.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

The room was neat, tidy, and the daily cleaning staff kept it perfectly clean throughout our stay--not easy with four people. The desk staff were friendly and always eager to help us. The restaurant staff were exceptional, and the food was excellent. A special shoutout goes to "Sr. B," the waiter who politely let my daughter practice her Spanish with him each morning. We greatly appreciated Mohammed, the van driver, who dropped us off and picked us up a couple of times. We also enjoyed the pool each evening and the presence of a lifeguard. This hotel is within walking distance to the metro, a mall, and many other shopping needs. Our family members arrived by train and airplane and never had to use a car at all, making this a truly relaxing vacation. The rooms were nice and the hotel is well-maintained. It was a great place to stay while visiting the DC sights. However, it's the the staff who are the real stars and who make this well-run hotel such a great place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary C
LA
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel was clean, fairly modern. Its what I've come to expect at a Holiday Inn, but a slight bit better than most. Free breakfast for being a Holiday Inn IHG member. Lots of nice restaurants just around the corner. Its right there right off the freeway, and I passed it when I first arrived.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This hotel is noteworthy because of the extra mile the staff is willing to go. When we checked in Thursday and stayed the first night, there was a problem with the shower faucet diverter -- and we reported it. While we were working that day, Friday, the maintenance crew came and found it to be more complicated and wouldn't be able to fix it until Monday, so we were told we had to move -- unfortunate hassle, especially since we were tired. However, the way Keith and Said treated us, showing true 'hospitality' (rare in today's hotel market) was/is exemplary, and they also compensated us very generously for the inconvenience. We used the pool one night, which was very nice. They had a lifeguard on duty til the 10 pm closing. The rooms were quiet, that's important to us. The breakfast, though a bit pricey, was totally perfect, just the way we asked in every aspect, (notably the best breakfast steak my husband ever had) and one morning we had the buffet, so the Silver Leaf Restaurant adjacent to the lobby gets high marks from us. They charge for parking, that is one negative. And we did find that the AC was either too cold or too warm, within short cycles, just couldn't get it to be 'just right' or consistent. Convenient location, lots of choices of restaurants within easy walking distance. We stayed 4 nights, on business. Would definitely recommend this hotel to any travelers to Arlington.

1 Thank jo a
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Most all hotels are comfortable but the staff makes this hotel a success. My experience included support and cordinarion with Keith, Kori, Vera, and Dawn. Yes, I know their names, which speaks to the personal attention one can receive at this hotel. There are different packages that can be accomodated that may include parking and/or breakfast, it depends on what one is looking for. The Metro is near by and is better to visit sites throughout the DMV. The shuttle (with a very hospitable driver named Muhammad) will deliver you to any location in a 1 mile radius, to include the metro, or he will cordinare a taxi for you, with recommendations on where to visit. I stayed at this hotel for 4 days with a visiting party of 80 foreign personnel. When I say the staff makes the visit, it is no joke, this staff was awesome and ensured each and every person/family received proper attention. A special thank you is dedicated for Vera and Kori as they did have to address issues with room schedules due to lack of an imdividual making a reservation. They maintained their composure while handling 42 different reservations, foreign language, and one discrepancy. Give them a chance to make your stay as comfortable as mine. 4 due to some reports of a/c isues but new ones were being wheeled in the same day.

Room Tip: I prefer higher rooms, rooms do not have microwave in them, only coffee maker so plan to use lobby a...