Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
Highlander Motel(Arlington)
View Hotel
All reviewsbuffalo wild wingsfront deskballston metro stationmile radiusdc arearooms are cleanthree blocksthe shuttle driverorange linerestaurants in the areawithin walking distancebusiness tripbreakfast buffetper nightthe hotel offerscoffee makerfree parking
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I recently spent a week in Arlington, VA on business. I ended up at the Holiday Inn @ Ballston because of the price (honestly). The property is clean and well kept and it is not fancy but it is in a great location and has laundry facilities which is nice plus a fridge in your room which is also a nice amenity. I found the hotel to be super quiet as well. I did not even need my ear plugs for once.

What stood out was the staff!! Roberto in the lounge area was so pleasant and accommodating for a casual meal and a beverage. Sandy and Janet at the front desk were pleasant and made sure that I had what I needed. Even the manager Michael went out of his way to accommodate me. Great service and the friendly can do attitude of the staff at this "basic" hotel really makes this Holiday Inn a gem!

1  Thank Govmrs
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Rooms were clean, but a bit on the small side. There was a fridge, but no microwave in the room. (you could get one for $20 a day-or something like that). The pool was basic, but did have a lifeguard. Front desk staff were pleasant. The hotel was convenient to the metro and a few area restaurants. Parking was $14 a day, but you could enter and leave the lot as needed. Free wi-fi with code provided at front desk.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at the HI @ Ballston for five nights for family vacation to DC. Very clean, very safe. Room was big, beds very comfortable. Shuttle service to everywhere we wanted to go in the Ballston area. First rate staff who accomidated every request. Three blocks from Metro station = easy access to DC.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank grambo9068
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed this week for work, and it was a solid stay. Check in was pleasant, room was clean, staff were all very friendly. My only disappointment was the first evening I arrived fairly late, a colleague and I stopped downstairs for a glass of wine at the bar before turning in for the night. As it was late, the bar tender told us they were closing but when we asked if we could stay sitting at the bar he told us of course. The manager even came by a few minutes later to make sure we didn't need the lights turned up. Super nice!
On the second evening another colleague came in late and again we stopped for a glass of wine at last call. When we asked if it was ok to stay sitting at the bar to finish our glass a different manager refused to let us sit there, the bar tender was ok with it but she was not. She was very adamant that we could not sit in that area and would need to move to the lobby. We did but it was a uncomfortable exchange.
I am not exactly sure if there are strict rules and this is a completely open area that does not have walls. I am not sure why it made such a big difference that we moved 15 feet away and sat at a table rather then up at the bar. Go figure.
Otherwise the food was decent in the restaurant and the shuttle service is a great option for business travelers working in the area.
The rooms were clean, hallways have cool carpet, and the pool area was way better than expected. I didn't use the workout room but it looked a bit small. Already booked there again for the next meeting.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The good: quiet, big room, clean, comfortable bed.
The bad: broken coffee maker, broken internet connection, broken toilet, broken radio alarm, broken light by bed.
Some got fixed others not. For a hotel with this price, these should have been checked before we got to the room.
And there is no breakfast.

1  Thank Elipsis
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Elipsis,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I want to assure you that the issues you have raised about the internet connection and the room conditions will definitely be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken.

Janice A