All reviewsfront deskbuffalo wild wingsmetro stationmile radiusrooms are cleanthe shuttle driverthree blocksorange linerestaurants in the areawithin walking distancethe hotel stafffew blocksdc areabusiness tripbreakfast buffetper nightthe hotel offers
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have nothing but EXCELLENT comments about my stay.
EVERY staff member was efficient, pleasant and 100% customer satisfaction oriented. To me this was so refreshing to be treated like a valued person.
The hotel was immaculate, the rooms were the cleanest that I have see in a long time. I have stayed in more expensive hotels that do not come close to the cleanliness and service.
I would like to mention Sandra and Shondra specifically, just wonderful personalities and so willing to assist me. Thank you, all.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gina311
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great hotel with really friendly and efficient staff. Just steps away from the metro station, the mall, and lots of shops and restaurants. Rooms are nice: comfortable beds, big tv, nice bathroom, and clean. The only thing that is keeping me from giving this place 5 stars, is that the hotel does not offer free wi-fi/internet service inside the room. Unless you are a Hilton diamond or higher member, you have to pay $10.95 per day to access the internet. This was a really annoying as I had a lot of work to do in my room; I really did not think the fee was necessary considering the high cost of the room per night. Although there are two computers and internet in the lobby, I prefer working in my room especially in to the late hours.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rebecca L
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great location (near the metro and between the airport and DC) - plenty of eats/drinks within walking distance but no ones seemed to like walking. This is America remember - the hotel offer my wife and I are shuttle service to the metro - it was 5 minutes walk.

Breakfast was ok but not included in the room deal, you'd be better going elsewhere. Room smelled and looked a little dated.

For the price, not a bad stay but it's more in the budget range (I bet older people love it, it just has that feel).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank richakn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear richakn,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. It is good to know you found our location commendable. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you encountered with the unusual smell during your stay and regret our breakfast service did not live up to your expectations. However, we do offer special room rate packages with breakfast included. Your comments are appreciated and will be used to ensure these areas will be improved on. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've now stayed at this particular Holiday Inn on 3 different occasions (all work related). Staff have always been friendly and helpful, and the building and rooms are always clean. While the bedroom walls are a little thin, allowing some sound to travel through, the very comfortable beds and self-serving coffee machines in the morning make up for it. I always sleep well here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Emily S
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Traveled with my daughter to drop her off at Marymount University from California. From the moment we arrived the staff exceeded our expectations. So friendly and genuinely caring and kind people, esp. Bartender Roberto.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family