“Good Location, Kind of Tired”

Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston
Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Dallas, Texas
“Good Location, Kind of Tired”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel definitely has some things going for it. First, it is within close walking distance of the Ballston Metro stop. Because of that, the neighborhood has many amenities. There are at least two dozen restaurant/bars with a three or four block radius. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I thought the Keurig coffeemaker in the room was a great touch. The television was a current, good sized flat screen with HD.

The downsides are that the whole hotel feels very dated. The lobby restaurant was completely dead at 8 on the Thursday evening. (Good thing there are plenty of places in walking distance.) All of the furniture and fixtures seem at leat 15 years old. The heat/AC unit is the old-fashioned below the window unit that makes racket all night. For the price (I paid well over $200), I would expect a little more updating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Korean first
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Most of the times, my wife and I go to D.C, we stay stay at Holiday Inn, Arlington. We have been impressed by the excellent service provided by a very friendly staff. The front desk staff are warm and make you feel special. Way to go!

Mahajans

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
san diego
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Wow, I had always avoided this place - because it was a Holiday Inn! But this Holiday Inn competes well with pretty upscale hotels - not like the Holiday Inns of my youth.

1) There is a Keurig coffeemaker in the room.
2) the pillows come marked: soft and firm
3) there is a pool.
4) the room is very nice and well appointed.
5) nice bathroom amenities.
6) I got a king bed, very nice! ;-)

Criticisms:
I got a government rate because I was here for an NSF panel, but it was still pretty pricey.
The internet was a tad slow, but it was free....

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the street and noise, and they put me on the 7th floor - pretty quiet!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The close proximity to the metro, clean rooms, on-site restaurant and fitness center put this hotel high on my list for a repeat stay when I'm in the area again. I also want to commend their helpful staff, Nelson in particular. He was quick to respond when the hairdryer in my room died. His gracious and timely response helped me make my scheduled appointment. That kind of helpfulness leaves a positive impression about my whole stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Foodandfun_12
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised that this Holiday Inn had more than I expected on a recent visit. The lobby was welcoming, clean and modern. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was a nice size and everything seemed clean and fresh. The staff was very pleasant and helpful with restaurant recommendations. I stayed here for five days so I had the benefit of seeing everything over an extended period of time. I used the gym which consisted of only a treadmill and two elliptical machines. The gym was the only negative experience because it had the afternoon sun coming through large uncovered windows which made the room too warm to exercise for any length of time even with the A/C on.

The restaurant was great for breakfast. The service was fast, the servers attentive and the food was good.

I'd recommend staying here even to someone who's never stayed at a Holiday Inn, which I usually don't but it was close to where I had to be for business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Arlington, Virginia hotel is just close to metro lines leading to Washington, D.C.At the Holiday Inn Arlington at Ballston, guests can enjoy relaxing in the outdoor pool, working out in the fitness center or browsing for souvenirs in the gift shop. The hotel also offers on-site dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner at Lacey Station Restaurant.Spacious accommodations at the Ballston Holiday Inn are furnished with microwaves, refrigerators and coffeemakers. I also appreciate free in-room high-speed internet access as well as free on-site parking. Spacious accommodations at the Ballston Holiday Inn are furnished with microwaves, refrigerators and coffeemakers.I personally just loved the bathtub.

Room Tip: Choose the king room,it is much better than the queens room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fiona666666
Martinsville, Virginia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here at the Holiday Inn @ Ballston. We both thought the location was great and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We want to give a special thanks to the staff memebers, by the names of Kori and Sara. They were especially helpful.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family