“Ok hotel in Arlington connected to Ballston Metro”
Review of Hilton Arlington

Hilton Arlington
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I stayed here in January on Business. It is closest hotel to Ballston metro. You almost don't have to go outside. It is above the metro. As a Diamond member the hotel club was very nice for breakfast, but, the wine during the evening were not so discounted. It was about $8 per glass. The Arlington Hilton is most convenient, but, more expensive than the Holiday Inn in Rosslyn or the Holiday Inn in Ballston. The Hilton also charges for parking. Both Holiday Inns provide free parking.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Tony J
HiltonArlingtonVA, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2011

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Arlington for your most recent visit. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and METRO access. We are proud of our Executive Lounge and our signature wine selections, unfortunately state laws vary as to what you can and can not do with discounting of alcoholic beverage. Our parking is handled by a third party vendor and they spend considerable time in setting pricing by comparables. We are considerably less in price than covered facilities in the DC, and Arlington. I thank you for your comments and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 28, 2010

The hotel entrance is a little tricky to find as it's on a side street. There is a parking garage connected to the hotel - $17/day although mine was comped by the Hilton staff due to a water pipe issue that delayed check-in for about a half hour. The staff was in fact very pleasant all around. The hotel itself is definitely on the smaller side, with only seven floors, and it's showing its age around the edges. Food and beverage selection in the HHonors club suite was fine. One area that could use immediate improvement is internet - this Hilton contracts out its wireless internet service to a 3rd party provider and the connectivity is poor.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Six of us stayed the weekend for the Marine Corp Marathon on Halloween. The location was perfect as we were able to hop right on the metro and get where we needed to be.
I booked the Hilton for us since I am a Hilton Diamonds member. When I was given a room w/two doubles instead of a king (that I reserved) the front desk told me that turndown service was already provided so I should take it. (We checked in at 4PM.)
I was really upset when I visited my four friends who were sharing a room and learned that they were given the much smaller room on the honors floor. I don't care if I am located on the honors floor as I don't usually see a difference but the total lack of care on the front desk's part for putting four people in such a small room while my husband and I were in a much more spacious room really made me mad.
My husband stays about 70 nights out of the year in Hilton brand hotels and he said this was one of his worst stays. He says he gets better breakfasts at the Hampton Inn's and I can believe him. We couldn't take advantage of the Sunday breakfast (although it looked very good.) The breakfast available on Monday was not worth the time. We went across the street and ate at IHOP.
On our next visit to DC/Arlington we will stay at the Garden Inn closer to the river...

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Came in very late (@2AM) and left very early (@9AM) however this Hilton served its' purpose perfectly. Bed was very comfortable and check in was a breeze. Location to Metro could not be beat.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonArlingtonVA, Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2011

We appreciate your business and thank you for staying with the Hilton Arlington. Even though your visit was brief, we are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the comfort of our Hilton Deluxe Serenity Bed to get a great nights rest. We hope that you will be able to visit us again soon and take advantage of some of our other great amenities and check out our newly renovated corridors.

Reviewed November 6, 2010

This is a typical urban Hilton, not swanky but functional. Unfortunately my kindle was stolen out of my room when I was at dinner. The response? It's the weekend, and the management people to deal with it won't be in till Monday! Don't go near this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2010
HiltonArlingtonVA, Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

We apologize that you were temporarily separated from your Kindle. Often times guest leave items at the front desk or in their rooms. Our policy is to have those items reported and sent to our Security Office. In this particular case, since the item was left at our Front Desk, the Front Desk Agent kept the item secured at the desk. Again we do apologize that it took us a bit longer to locate your item, but are happy that we were able to find and return the Kindle to you.

Reviewed October 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights for our 2 year wedding anniversary. It was very nice - room was spacious, clean. Bathroom is small but not a big deal. Bed is probably one of the most comfortable I've slept in in a hotel. Very convenient and close to Metro to get to DC. This hotel is also connected to a mall with has shops and a food court. The staff was very friendly, greeted us with good morning each day.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Happy Anniversary! We would like to thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special occasion. We agree that our Hilton Deluxe Serenity Beds are extremely comfortable offering each guest a great nights sleep. We hope to that you will visit us again for your next anniversary and be sure to ask for our front desk staff about our anniversary amenities options.

Reviewed September 26, 2010

This hotel can't be a Hilton hotel as I didn't get the Hilton value. I stayed at this hotel during my visit to DC and being a HHonors I had stayed in many Hiltons arouund the globe. And I always get my preferences attended but not at this hotel.The room is good in its size and ameneities but has many minuses in the other hand.The room lacks the sound proof, you can hear the people in the corridoor and you can hear the next door room which is a big advantage.The room's door chain lock is broken which really scared me.The room is lacking the safety box and the staff at the front desk is not helpful in this as I came many times to get a deposit box to keep my passport in but I always been told it is rent out all !The concerge is always absent and I did't meet anyone who could help me in my city visit.The building is very outdated and need to be renovated on immediate basis.Definitaly I will never stay again here and I will never recommend it to any friend.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo