“Nice, clean, convenient”

Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Nice, clean, convenient”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This hotel is in the middle of the ultra-modern Ballston area of Arlington, among glass-covered offices and condos across from the Capital. I find Arlington a great place to stay when visiting DC. It's a little cheaper and, thanks to the Metro, as easy or easier to travel to DC from one's hotel. This is my first stay at the Hilton and in Ballston. Doesn't have the views that some places is Rosselyn do, but convenient to shopping and restaurants. The Hilton is right next to the Ballston Metro stop. We had a two-room suite. Good bathroom, clean room, comfortable bed. Wet bar sink in living room had some rust spots. You could hear the people in the next-door room through the connecting doors. Expensive hotel restaurant (as expected) but really great crab cakes at lunch the day we went. Breakfast buffet typical and costly. On site in-and-out self parking, for a fee of course. Good place to stay.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room with connecting doors to the neighboring room. But for all I know, all the rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Carolina, Puerto Rico
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The Ballston Metro is conveniently outside the Arlington Hilton. This make it quite easy to get to and from the Reagan Airport. We also visited the Smithsonian museums and the zoo, riding the Metro. There is also the Ballston mall to go shopping at walking distance. I would recommend it to my friends. The only thing is they didn't let me make an early check out. My room was very clean and I loved the toiletries.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jnycc
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We toured DC via metro and this hotel proved to be a perfect match. Hardly 10 steps to the Ballston metro station, I couldn't have asked for more.

The hotel was in an excellent location with very good restaurants and shopping malls in the vicinity.

The rooms were pretty good although not spectacular. Overall, had a very comfortable stay and commute.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Sathish Kumar R
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton Hotel Arlington (at the Ballston Metro) for a one night stay. Sadly I did not make use of any of the amenities, but I will say that the room was spacious, the staff very friendly, and overall I had a very good stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonArlingtonVA, Front Office Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
We will share your kind feedback with the team. It its very rewarding to know we have met your expectations.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward welcoming you in the near future and make your stay even better.

Karla Iglesias
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The staff is courteous and responds to requests immediately. The food was excellent, though service at lunch time is a bit slow - but not enough to ruin the experience. The room was clean and very comfortable. I will use this hotel again when I'm in the area - and the Metro is right outside the door!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the Hilton Arlington to your liking. Your feedback is valued and highly appreciated. We have shared your kinds comments with departments involved.
It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Karla iglesias
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I was at the Hilton Arlington for business in mid-May, 2014. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time I've stayed here in the last few years. It is in a very convenient location with respect to Metro - just a few steps from the entrance to the Ballston stop on the Orange line. It is attached to the nearby Ballston Commons mall via a series of 2nd floor sky bridges and it is extremely convenience to several nearby federal agencies in the Arlington area (NSF, ONR, DARPA, etc.). It is about 30 - 40 minute travel time from National Airport. The hotel itself is nice - fairly typical of what one expects from a Hilton. In my room, there were small signs of aging - a small bit of fraying in the carpet, sings of wear and tear in the bathroom. Overall - nice place, but a overhaul soon would be good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the Hilton Arlington to your liking. Your feedback is valued and highly appreciated. We have shared your comments with departments involved.
We are pleased to announce that our hotel does have plans for renovations this year. We are confident the final result will be to your entire satisfaction.

Karla Iglesias
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

A little under what I expect for Hilton but overall no complaints- Cynthia let me check in early from a Red eye and Leon was all around very hospitable. No big complaints- it seems as though they do try. I would recommend the Front Desk to be a bit more hospitable but all the housekeepers were super nice! Maybe departments should switch leadership? Overall ok for few nights.

Stayed May 2014