WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton Arlington

Hilton Arlington
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Arlington
Houston, Texas
“Deprived of a night's sleep”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

My first night at the Hilton Arlington was the worst hotel experience I can remember, and I have stayed at some dodgy hotels before. My room (single king) adjoined a suite, and the door that divided us blocked sound about as well as a shower curtain. There is absolutely no privacy between those two rooms. I could hear everything the people in the other room said and did, including their use of the toilet and their lovemaking. They were up literally all night. I called the front desk multiple times, and asked to be moved to a quieter room. They denied me, saying that every room was booked. Security knocked on the other guests' door at 1:30am and asked them to keep the noise down. They did not. I got 1-2 hours of sleep that night.

The next day, the hotel manager moved me to a better room that had no adjoining room. She offered me a free breakfast and a snack bowl by way of apology. Small compensation for my suffering. I was still charged full price. The next two nights were fine. I will not be staying at this hotel ever again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not adjoin a suite.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Adam T
HiltonArlingtonVA, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank You for your review. On behalf of the Hilton Arlington team, we apologize for your experience. Your concerns have been shared with our Executive Operational Team. We would like the opportunity to win your business back and show you how we have improved. We would appreciate that opportunity and welcome you to visit.

Joy B.
Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Atlanta, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

The hotel was fine. The heater in the room made loud noises throughout one long afternoon; I was overcharged for a room service meal (but the problem was corrected when I called the food service manager), and I am having problems getting an accurate statement of hotel charges (which matches what was charged on my corporate card), but I anticipate that I'll eventually receive the corrected statement.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Barbara L
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

We had a 4-day stay, combining business with vacation. The proximity to the metro is remarkable - the access escalator is virtually in the building. Prices more reasonable than in DC. I found the hotel staff exceptionally courteous and helpful, including when I had some special requests. Our room was large, comfortable, clean, and even though we were literally next to the elevator, it was very quiet. When in the area again, we will return.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a grim view of brick walls - if it matters, be sure to ask for something more intere...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonArlingtonVA, Front Office Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a kind and positive feedback. We are so pleased to see we have met all your expectations.

It was a pleasure hosting you and we look forward welcoming you again in the near future.

Milan, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed here recently for the second time on business. I always try to stay at Hilton properties when I travel. This one has a good location, with shopping and restaurants well within walking distance. The front desk staff is also helpful with local recommendations and directions.

I was given a nice upgrade with my Hilton Honors status, and the room was clean, bed comfortable. The best part of this hotel, in my opinion, is the executive lounge and the wonderful lady who was there most of the time- sorry I didn't get her name. I went in the mornings for breakfast, and in the evenings before dinner. It was always well-stocked with great service.

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay, and I would be glad to stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonArlingtonVA, Front Office Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.
We are so glad we were able to meet your expectations. We take pride in providing our guest with a Perfect Stay.
We have also shared your kind feedback about our executive lounge attendant. We will ensure she is well recognized.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

cape girardeau, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

The location is extremely convenient, steps from the Metro stop and surrounded by lots of shopping and dining choices. The additional charge for in-room wifi access was the only negative about my stay. The room was spacious and clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback. We are pleased to see we have met all your expectations.
Your comment about the internet is well noted. Rest assured it has been l taken in to further consideration.

Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

The good stay I experienced at the hotel was marred by a taxi scam when I left. I had asked if I should call a taxi and was told by several employees at/near reservation desk there would be one whenever I wanted it. Only after I was in a "taxi" headed for the airport did I realize that I wasn't in a taxi but in someone's personal vehicle. I looked for taxi meter to no avail. Also, there were no rates posted anywhere. The driver would not give a receipt nor would he take a credit card. The trip was $25 to Reagan Airport from the hotel and only $17 when I took a real taxi from the airport to the hotel. The employees standing at the reservation desk conned me. I'm glad the consequences weren't more serious.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction.
2 Thank 847LindaF
HiltonArlingtonVA, Front Office Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It is through such feedback that we are able to improve our products and services.
We are pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay. However, I am sorry to know about your transportation experience. We do have a taxi base outside and there is also only 2 approved sedan services we work with. Taxi fees will always depend on traffic conditions and routes. The average fees from and to DC usually on the $25-28 range and around $55 for IAD airport. Due to this reason, there is a flat fee of $25 for DCA and $50.00 for Dulles with the sedan service.
This is an option that many guests find more convenient as they don't know if could be more or less but is in the average range.
We do appreciate your feedback and will take it for further consideration and training for communication with our guests.
We look forward the opportunity to welcome you in the near future and provide you with a "Perfect Stay"

Guest Services
Edison, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I prefer to stay at Hilton hotels and that is why I chose this hotel. The hotel is VERY convenient to the Ballston metro station; the metro entrance is just yards away from the front desk and lobby. It is also connected to an office building by a covered walk-way, which is connected to the Ballston Common Mall by another covered walk-way -- very convenient. The Ballston section is a nice area. The staff was nice and helpful if I had a request or question. One significant downside is that the walls are so thin that I could hear every word of a telephone conversation in the next room. Same thing for TV; I felt as if I could be listening to the show in my room.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ray P
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We are pleased to see you found the Hilton Arlington to your liking, from the location to our services.
I am sorry to hear about the thin walls, and noise levels. Rest assured your feedback will be taken in to consideration for upcoming renovations and improvements done to our facility.
It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.