“Convenient in a snowstorm”
Review of Hilton Arlington

Hilton Arlington
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Springfield, VA
“Convenient in a snowstorm”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My office follows the New York Stock Exchange, instead of the federal government, for weather-related closings. So, when a storm was predicted for morning rush hour, my commuter train was cancelled and Metro suspended a.m. bus service. With an important impending deadline, I knew I had to find a way to get myself to work safely the next day. My best option was to stay overnight in a hotel within walking distance of a Metro station. In that regard, the Hilton was perfect.

Even at the last minute, I was able to get a reasonable (for the DC area) rate and checked in around 8:30. Check-in was a breeze, and this is one of the few Hiltons I've stayed at where I didn't have to spell my last name. More times than should happen, I've stood at a reception desk saying H-I-L-T-O-N while the next guest is totally breaking up behind me.

I had a room with a king-sized bed. It appeared to be updated and was very clean. I heard very little noise in the halls or from other rooms, even though it was clear other rooms near me were occupied. The in-room coffee maker was great and well-equipped. I only have two quibbles. The heater in the room was, as others have noted, on the noisy side. Due to the cold temperatures, it was cycling on frequently and it took me a little while to get to sleep. Also possibly due to the cold weather, the walk from the elevator was quite chilly. It didn't seem like there was heat in the halls.

I live in the DC area, so it's unlikely I'll need to say there again, but I would recommend it. Ballston has lots of great restaurants, and the location on top of the Metro station can't be beat. As it turned out, morning rush hour was absolutely miserable, and I couldn't have driven to work in the snow. This was a great quick stay.

Room Tip: Have breakfast at the IHOP down the block.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
HiltonArlingtonVA, Marketing & Sales Coordinator at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank You for your review. We are very glad that your stay was a hassle free stay especially during the unpleasant weather we have been experiencing. We understand that you live in the area, however; you and your visiting guest are always welcome!
Joy B.
Marketing & Sales Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Washington, DC, United States
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I work the night shift at a local hospital and stayed so I could get to work during the expected 8-12 inches of snow. I arrived at the hotel at 7:30 a.m. from work knowing check-in wasn't until 3 p.m. I was very pleased that a room was available immediately. We didn't get the predicted amount of snow, but I sure had a great stay in my hotel anyway. The orange line subway station 10 steps from the lobby, didn't have to go outside to walk to the mall. I want to stay here during the summer so I can sit outside in the lounge area in front of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

yonkers, new york
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hilton in Arlington Virginia. The hotel is reasonably priced, immaculate and convenient to Metro for visiting the Washington Landmarks. Courteous staff, very comfortable beds, pillows and linens, and an excellent shower. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonArlingtonVA, Markerting & Sales Coordinator at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank You for your review. We are very glad that your stay was a hassle free stay. On your next visit for relaxation and site seeing, we would be delighted to have you stay with Hilton Arlington again.

Joy B.
Marketing & Sales Coordinator
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Recently stayed for a week long business trip. The location of the hotel is great. I was attending a class at Global Knowledge which is located nearby. Considering the weather was cold during the week, I didn't have to actually step outside since the hotel was connected to the Ballston Commons Mall via two skywalks. I had to "charge" to use the internet $10.95 per night but that was taken off at the end of the week since I was a Global Knowledge Student. Parking was $17 a day which considering the location, that isn't really surprising. My first night there an all girls hockey team was staying on my floor and was extremely loud until 10pm. Not really the hotel's fault but to back up what other reviewers say, you literally can hear everything going on around your room. The doors slam loud, the A/C and heating unit is also loud, and the hotel does appear to be very worn. I thought the bed was very comfortable and love the shampoo, conditioner, and hand lotion.

The only problem I have with this hotel is that there is no continental breakfast, no refrigerator in the room, and no microwave. For nearly the same price the Residence Inn is also located nearby and offers free breakfast and dinner (some nights) and has a full kitchen. Not a bad hotel but I plan to try the Residence Inn next time so I can compare the two and then decide which place I liked better. Also, my family will be joining me for my next trip and this hotel does not have a pool.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights as we were attending a surprise party.
Good points:
The hotel is right next door to the metro. A fabulous bonus.
Our room was large and very comfortable.
The staff on reception and in the bar were very helpful and very welcoming.
The bad points:
The hotel is a bit tired and desperately needs updating.
The heating/air conditioning appliance in our room was really noisy. No way could anyone sleep with that left on.
The walls are really thin. The man 2 doors down was having an argument with someone on the telephone and we could almost hear every word! And trust me, we didn't want to!
So would we stay there again? Probably not until it's refurbished and then yes we would!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Pros: Good location, close to metro, the price is fine, shopping mall nearby, will definitely stay again. Complementary internet and breakfast for gold members. Cons: The AC is old not central so the noise during late night not very comfortable. Overall: It's worth it for recommendation and great hotels.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Muncie, Indiana, Usa
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The room was spacious, clean, and well furnished. Staff were friendly and helpful. Bedding was very comfortable. The room was very quiet. I like the neighborhood as well. Plenty of affordable restaurants nearby. The lobby was small and unimpressive but in the scheme of things that is minor. The workout room is rather small and can get crowded. The bathroom was small and slightly worn. Overall I had a good visit and would consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business