“2013 Summer Vacation”
Review of Hilton Arlington

Hilton Arlington
Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We found the hotel management & staff to be very accommodating & helpful. The location of the hotel was excellent for visiting the sites we were there to see. We never felt unsafe & walked or used the Metro Rail system our entire stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonArlingtonVA, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank You! We appreciate your kind words; however, more importantly we appreciate YOU. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and experience. Currently, we are having an internal program called “Catch me at my BEST”; if anyone special stood out the most I would love to know. With your input, we can thank that employee for their exceptional service. We look forward to your stay on the next visit.
Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My stay at this hotel was terrible. First the noise between rooms was horrible- you could hear every word in the room next door. The front desk was accommodating and moved me to a more isolated room. But then the second night the hotel lost power and the entire situation was handled very poorly. People were locked in the stairwell and needed security to let them out. The power was out for an hour without anyone reaching out to people on the floors and they had no idea when to expect it back or how to handle the situation. Mind you- this was in July in DC in 90 degree humid weather without AC. We left and went to a new hotel with the understanding that we would not be charged for any of our stay due to the inconvenience. The next day I spent an hour on the phone trying to argue through the different charges- including a movie that we only saw 5 minutes of before the power went out! Absolutely terrible customer service and overall horrible hotel experience. I will NEVER stay at a Hilton again, and would recommend that everyone look somewhere else other than this hotel if staying in the Arlington area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

On behalf of the Hilton Arlington, I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience and the effects of the situation. I do hope you would allow us the opportunity to redeem your perception of Hilton Arlington and wow your expectations. I would like to hear more about your experience and how we can correct anything that wasn’t taken care. I do thank you for your review and opinion.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We selected this hotel because it is located one block from our sons's apartment and it is right at a Metro stop. Another thing beside the location that is positive is the very comfortable bed. Also the gentleman who helped us to our room with our bags and the front desk person were very nice and friendly. Everything needs to be renovated here. The room felt damp all the time and the shower didn't drain well. It also had some black moldy spots in the caulk. The bedside lamp and telephone did not function properly. We just did not want to spend time there other than sleeping. It didn't help that there was a power outage on our second night for several outage and we spent that night at our son's apartment. The hotel should certainly have some kind of back up generator in place.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank DonnaRosey

I would like to thank you for your review. Additionally, I apologize for the unfortunate experience of the power outage. This particular situation was out of our control; however, we do take full responsibility. I would like to gather additional information about your stay to better assist you. I can be reached via the hotel contact number or email joy.bethea@interstatehotels.com . I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

First off, let me say that the price that we got was quite nice. The location is definitely AMAZING, since it's right next to the Metro Station and getting to DC is a breeze. I must say however, that the room we got was not very nice. The Air Conditioner was loud and continued to turn on and off during the night making a very strange high pitched sound every time that it did. The parking lot underneath was Ok, but looked scary and very dirty, with what looked like ancient spiderwebs dangling from huge pipes, that you'd imagine that sooner or later one of the Mario Brothers would come out of... Would I stay here again? Probably, but only because of the great deal we got that day. But if there were another deal at another hotel where the price was the same, and the distance were 3 minutes walking from the Metro Station, instead of 30 seconds, then I'd walk the additional 3 minutes to sleep comfortably.

Room Tip: Ask for something higher than the 3rd floor. The view was crappy on the 3rd.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review and we value all opinions. We are making many improvements to our property with your concerns in minds. I do hope the next time you’re visiting the Washington DC area you would allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Joy B

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Nice Hilton property in a very convenient location for DC area. Steps away from metro, and Ballston area has many shops and restaurants. Regular traveler to DC, and will stay at this property again (when government rates are available).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonArlingtonVA, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear William O.,

Thank you for your recent review. Also, Thank you for being a valued guest of Hilton Arlington VA. Anytime you need to check for any special rates especially government please contact us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here on the night of July 4th as the location was excellent for the amount we paid. The hotel is located directly above the Ballston metro station, which is only about a 15-20 minute ride into downtown DC. The stay was uneventful until about 10pm, when the entire building lost power for over 3 hours. I've never been in a hotel that has lost power before, and it was rather scary. The hallways were dark and guests were starting to wander around. I was starting to go down the stairwell when I ran into hotel security guards with glow sticks. The security guards were very friendly and informed me that a transformer had blown. The power came back on at 1am (which also set off the fire alarms for a minute or two). I can't blame the hotel or the staff for what happened, and the security guards I ran into were very professional. It would have been nice if the hotel were able to provide a partial refund or extra Hilton points, but all the hotel did was put a small sign in front of the elevators explaining what happened. While I understand what happened was entirely beyond Hilton's control, at the same time it wasn't a very pleasant evening (no AC for those 3 hours, people screaming in the hallway, the fire alarm waking everyone up when the power was restored). It would have been nice if Hilton was able to go a little bit above and beyond when dealing with this crisis instead of immediately reverting back to business as usual.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Arlington. We apologize for your negative experience during the hotel’s unforeseen power outage. Unfortunately many guests were inconvenienced during the few hours of no power, but I hope you’ll reach out to me personally so that I may follow up on the concerns you’ve expressed. Hilton Arlington would like to extend a special offer for your next visit to our hotel. joy.bethea@interstatehotels.com is the easiest way to contact me. On behalf of Hilton and myself, thank you for taking the time to follow up on your visit. I hope to hear from you very soon, and of course we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the DC area.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Very comfortable room, great customer service. And the air conditioning was able to set at just the right temperature for me. Also very much liked the helpfulness of the employees. Eat breakfast somewhere else. Too expensive for what is offered.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonArlingtonVA, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Jchamann,

Thank you for your recent visit to Hilton Arlington Virginia. My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. In addition, I appreciate the recognition of our AMAZING team. I do hope for future visits we have the chance to WOW you again.

Best Regards,