“Convenient!”
Review of Hilton Arlington

Hilton Arlington
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed February 23, 2013

VERY convenient to the everything since it sits above Ballston-MU station! The rooms and hallways are quiet and I love that the airconditioner fan will stay on all the time - white noise for sleeping. I was here for a conference and they met my need for vegan food options for our conference meals. I very much appreciate that. We had a bad experience with a cab. The valet guy got us a "taxi" but it turned out to be a "preferred" private car that charged a flat rate of $20 to take us to a place that cost $14.50 to ride back in a cab. This private car/flat rate thing was NOT described to us. We had asked for a cab. I was very unhappy and made that clear when we got back. That was absolutely ridiculous.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator was very quiet.
There are newer reviews for Hilton Arlington

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed there for a week during January on business. It was a nice stay, rooms were clean, the hotel was quiet and the people there were very friendly.

I would stay there again. I would recommend it to anyone.

Location for the meeting was good, close to offices, resturants, transportation and the airport.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed her for 4 days/3 nights while on business in Febuary 2012. The Metro from Reagan National Airport to the Ballston MU stop was quick and easy to navigate. As pictured on the Hilton's website, the Ballston Metro stop is literally outside the doors of the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel, the restaurant and the executive floor to business travellers. Our bedroom was well appointed and comfortable, plus very spacious. We detected no outside traffic noise which was great for a change. My only complaint is that the windows had faux room-darkening drapes. I could only close the shears, not the heavy lined drapes, so 24/7 lights from the office highrise across the street shined in our window all night. For light sleepers, it is not an ideal situation.

Room Tip: As for the executive floor and you'll have access to the Executive Lounge for a quick breakfast...
Reviewed February 11, 2013

These are average hotel rooms at top dollar. Parking at $17.00 a day is very pricey.
Room was very quiet. Fitness tread mills are up against the wall. Very confining. Forget the restaurant. No one eats there or should. The executive lounge has a satisfactory breakfast but is tucked away at the back of the restaurant and is not very appealing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2013

There just isn't much that is special about this hotel although there are some definite conveniences (location near to the Metro, not far from Reagan Airport). My room on the 7th floor was quite large which I liked and they feature nice toiletries in the bath. I'm just grateful to find a shower cap when I travel and there was one here. The housekeeper must have rushed out in the midst of cleaning because there were some towels left by the sink and empty soap boxes. The room comes with a mini-coffee maker but you will not find a mini-bar. There is a big screen TV but it is positioned so that you cannot easily watch it from the bed nor the seating. There aren't enough outlets in the room for all the recharging I need to do for my cellphone, ipad etc. At the work meeting I attended, they were able to accommodate many diets for the attendees with healthy options which was a definite plus.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I booked into this hotel thinking that the Hilton brand was an assurance of quality. The rooms were fine; nothing special, but no bad surprises, either. I was tired, so decided to eat at the restaurant, rather than go out. Big mistake. They advertised the restaurant as a steak house and bar. But what it really is, is a lobby area where a few tables have been placed in the hallway. Not exactly a steak house or bar atmosphere....

The service was abysmal. I waited ten minutes for my glass of wine (the bar was approximately 12 feet from my table, and wasn't busy). The menu wasn't very broad, and certainly didn't live up to its billing as a steak house. My caesar salad took 30 minutes to arrive. And it wasn't very good: fresh greens, but crappy canned dressing and what seemed like mozzarella instead of parmesan cheese.

Another 20 hungry minutes later, my sandwich arrived. I wish it hadn't. What was billed as a local speciality was a few dry slices of grocery-store deli roast beef with some bland horseradish sauce on top. The bread was ok. But wow, was this a disappointment.

My advice to the hotel: you're hurting the Hilton brand. My advice to travelers: if you can avoid it, avoid it.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Just steps off Balston Metro so great location. It just lacks the feel of a Hilton. As a diamond status member, I had access to executive lounge and free internet. The executive lounge was moved far away. You have to now go thru the restaruarnt to the very back which is way out of the way to get water or a drink. The restaurant buffet was decent. Staff at the restaurant and hotel were very nice.
Internet kept going in and out so bad internet service. Glad I wasn't paying for it. The rooms wer recently renovated, but it seems to be missing something in it. Like wasted space almost. Was on 7th floor honors floor, but don't understand why it requires key access in elevatior to get the 7th. There is nothing special on 7th floor to require it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo