“Great location but very costly rooms and parking.”
Review of Hilton Arlington

Hilton Arlington
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Canton, Connecticut
“Great location but very costly rooms and parking.”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

These are average hotel rooms at top dollar. Parking at $17.00 a day is very pricey.
Room was very quiet. Fitness tread mills are up against the wall. Very confining. Forget the restaurant. No one eats there or should. The executive lounge has a satisfactory breakfast but is tucked away at the back of the restaurant and is not very appealing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

There just isn't much that is special about this hotel although there are some definite conveniences (location near to the Metro, not far from Reagan Airport). My room on the 7th floor was quite large which I liked and they feature nice toiletries in the bath. I'm just grateful to find a shower cap when I travel and there was one here. The housekeeper must have rushed out in the midst of cleaning because there were some towels left by the sink and empty soap boxes. The room comes with a mini-coffee maker but you will not find a mini-bar. There is a big screen TV but it is positioned so that you cannot easily watch it from the bed nor the seating. There aren't enough outlets in the room for all the recharging I need to do for my cellphone, ipad etc. At the work meeting I attended, they were able to accommodate many diets for the attendees with healthy options which was a definite plus.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I booked into this hotel thinking that the Hilton brand was an assurance of quality. The rooms were fine; nothing special, but no bad surprises, either. I was tired, so decided to eat at the restaurant, rather than go out. Big mistake. They advertised the restaurant as a steak house and bar. But what it really is, is a lobby area where a few tables have been placed in the hallway. Not exactly a steak house or bar atmosphere....

The service was abysmal. I waited ten minutes for my glass of wine (the bar was approximately 12 feet from my table, and wasn't busy). The menu wasn't very broad, and certainly didn't live up to its billing as a steak house. My caesar salad took 30 minutes to arrive. And it wasn't very good: fresh greens, but crappy canned dressing and what seemed like mozzarella instead of parmesan cheese.

Another 20 hungry minutes later, my sandwich arrived. I wish it hadn't. What was billed as a local speciality was a few dry slices of grocery-store deli roast beef with some bland horseradish sauce on top. The bread was ok. But wow, was this a disappointment.

My advice to the hotel: you're hurting the Hilton brand. My advice to travelers: if you can avoid it, avoid it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Just steps off Balston Metro so great location. It just lacks the feel of a Hilton. As a diamond status member, I had access to executive lounge and free internet. The executive lounge was moved far away. You have to now go thru the restaruarnt to the very back which is way out of the way to get water or a drink. The restaurant buffet was decent. Staff at the restaurant and hotel were very nice.
Internet kept going in and out so bad internet service. Glad I wasn't paying for it. The rooms wer recently renovated, but it seems to be missing something in it. Like wasted space almost. Was on 7th floor honors floor, but don't understand why it requires key access in elevatior to get the 7th. There is nothing special on 7th floor to require it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Seems some employees of this hotel care and others don't. Called earlier today to say my tv was malfunctioning and had maintenance come up. Jason tried to fix the problem but couldn't at the time and was very nice about it. He said that he could likely exchange it with another one the following day. I called to the front desk after dinner to request that it be done the following day and talked to Daniel who told me "it would be more convenient for me to switch rooms". Convenient in what way? I asked to have it fixed and he said they dont have tvs to change out. I said since a tv was pretty standard these days and I was going to have to move, if I was going to have to move if I would be compensated for my inconvenience in any way, he snickered and said "not necessarily". I asked to speak to the manager only to find out he IS the manager.......yikes, no wonder your employees have attitude-it comes from the top down apparently. Should have stayed in a starwood like I originally wanted to.

• Stayed January 2013
United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We arrived at 3pm, only to find that several of the rooms for our group were not yet ready - which did not really get our stay off to a good start.

The room was pleasant, and we slept well - the bed was very comfortable. However, after leaving the room in the morning for breakfast, we came back to find the battery in the door lock had gone flat, and we were locked out of the room until an engineer could change it. (I was a little surprised at the ease with which he opened the door using a long piece of wire under the door!!).

Having got back into our room, we collected our things and went downstairs to check out. Fortunately we didn't go with the quick checkout option, as an extra $10 charge had appeared on our room from the hotel restaurant, even though we had not set foot in the restaurant during our stay. I was disappointed that we were held up for 10-15 minutes while this was sorted out, and the desk staff were unapologetic and seemed inconvenienced by the whole issue.

All in all, not a bad stay, but reception let the hotel down. The most friendly and helpful member of staff we met was the maintenance man who fixed our door, who was very cheerful and apologised to us for the problem.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Woodside, California, United States
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very enjoyable. Friendly, helpful staff. I'll be back!

Please do get rid of those alarm clocks. They softly buzz, constantly. Had to unplug the one in my room.

The AC/heating system is also quite loud. Perhaps I'm just not used to it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business