“Pricy but Nice”
Review of Hilton Arlington

Hilton Arlington
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have frequented this property over the past several years (I may have reviewed it before). Although the rooms are a bit pricy, the service is outstanding! The staff members are friendly and go above and beyond to ensure that guests enjoy their stay. The location is convenient - it is adjacent to the Ballston Metro stop and attaches via skywalk to Ballston Commons mall. Wheelchairs are available (free of charge) to guests with mobility impairments. There are only a couple of things that I would change about this property: (1) include refrigerators in the rooms and (2) don't charge for in-room Internet access.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 7th floor give you access to the Executive Lounge, a comfortable place to relax and hav...
There are newer reviews for Hilton Arlington

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I called early in the day around 9:30 to let them know that we would be arriving earlier than expected. The woman never asked me what my name was or what room I reserved. She said don't worry, we will have rooms ready. Okay fine, good we can check-in early. We get to the front desk and there are others checking in early as well. She tells us we don't have your king room ready. I told her when I called you should have asked me what room I reserved instead of telling me there are rooms available. So we asked how else can we be accommodated - free parking, breakfast, etc. Nothing but attitude.

The room we got had a very strong oder. Never again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonArlingtonVA, Director of Sales at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

I appreciate your candid review of your recent stay with our hotel. I apologize for the room assignment and early check-in request not meeting your expectations. While room type and early check-in requests cannot be met every time, I have reviewed your comments with our front desk team. In addition I also want to take this time to say how sorry I am that your customer service experience was unsatisfactory. I can assure you that my main priority is to make sure our guest are greeted in an exceptional way. I have already discussed this with our front desk staff and taken the necessary actions to ensure this does not happen again. I would like very much to earn your business and hope that next time your travels bring you to the area, you will consider staying with us.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here one night for business and expected a little more for what I paid. I've been to a number of other Hiltons in this area for business and have usually been pretty impressed with what I've gotten, but this time there wasn't anything that really stood out. The hotel was fine, nothing in particular to complain about, but nothing to rave about. As a Hilton Diamond member, I am usually really surprised and pleased with the perks at Hilton hotels, but this time there wasn't really anything special. I had booked a room on the executive level and the hotel didn't seem too full, but didn't get any sort of upgrade. The executive lounge, which they said would have snack and beverages available, had some burnt cookies and a nearly-empty bowl of fruit with some water and sodas. I was hoping for a few other snack to choose from so was a little disappointed that I'd taken the time to go all the way down there since it was on the ground floor and the exec rooms were all the way on the 7th.
The room itself was pretty small. The doors were so loud it was pretty much impossible not to seem like you were slamming them every time you went in and out. The walls seemed pretty thin as well since we could hear every time there was someone out in the hallway or in the adjacent rooms. The bathroom was fine, but tiny. The hinge on the door to the bathroom was loose so the door was hanging unevenly, and it took a bit of a trick to lift the door so it would align properly in order to get it closed. The air conditioner was very, very loud and seemed to have a hard time keeping the room at a constant temperature. It would come on for a minute or two and freeze the room, and then wouldn't come back on until the room was too warm for comfort. I also noticed a water stain or two on the ceiling.
The breakfast buffet was average, nothing too impressive, but since it was free I can't complain too much about that. I definitely would not have paid the $16 that it normally costs, though.
The staff was nice and the parking was close by, although I was very glad to have gotten the package that included parking because it's $17 per night for self parking otherwise.
With so many other Hiltons in the area that are equally or less expensive, I'd probably choose to stay in one of the other properties and drive a little further to work.

Room Tip: It doesn't seem to be worth the extra money to pay for the executive level.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I arrived around noon for a room that wasn't reserved until 4PM. The front desk clerk was extremely courteous and immediately granted me a card to the executive lounge, inviting me to wait in comfort until a room could be made ready for me. She had three other early check-in requests and smiled at everyone while answering the phone and balancing multiple demands. When I emerged from the lounge 45 minutes later, she remembered me and had a room waiting. It met all my special likes (away from elevator, quiet, etc.).

Room Tip: The higher levels are probably the quietest. I strongly recommend you're careful with your Metro...
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Visiting establishment while attending a wedding. 100% occupancy but everything runs smoothly from front desk to GREAT hot buffet. Nothing spared to make u feel special. Soft towels, cool sheets and was afraid to ask for anything because they always say yes!

Room Tip: Be prepared to wait for busy elevators
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Hilton was in a very pleasant and walkable part of town with plenty of restaurants and shops within a couple blocks and it sits right on top of the Ballston Metro station so the entire city is easy to get to. The hotel itself was very clean, well appointed and quiet. The staff were top notch and the breakfast at the hotel, while typically expensive, was one of the better hotel breakfast meals I have ever had. If you are in town to work with the National Science Foundation I can't imagine a better place to stay - it is connected to the NSF building by an elevated walkway.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The enterance to the Metro was so easy. We also enjoyed sitting outside in the lounge area since the weather was so very nice. It was close to the malls and restaurants. All within walking distance. The only thing that I had a problem with is that if you are not a Hilton Honors high point member, you have to pay $10.75 a day for internet service. Since we stay at quite a few hotels every year, this is the VERY FIRST one that I had to pay for internet service. Since they are a high price hotel in the area, you would think that internet service would be free. You also have to pay $17.00 a day for parking. Another thing is that you could not use the excercise room unless you were an Honors high point member,

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business