Hilton Arlington
Comfort Inn Ballston(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$161
ComfortInn
$229
Renaissance Hotels
  • Room Service
$170
Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$170
$279
$249
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$144
$259
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
1,129 results
All reviewsballston metrothe executive loungeballston areaorange linemetro stopexcellent locationconvenient locationclub levelfront desk staffshopping mallper dayrestaurants within walking distancebusiness triproom was clean and comfortabledefinitely stay here againdowntown dcself parking
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We were traveling with two young children (6 years old) and wanted a hotel that was close to the Metro so the little feet wouldn't get too tired. The Hilton fit the bill - you are literally right above the Orange line (which is very convenient for sightseeing in DC). The hotel was running a special, we were on the Executive floor which included breakfast and snacks/drinks. If I had to pay the $70 for 4 people to eat the breakfast buffet - I would not have been happy. It was pretty lame. But, for free it was a good deal!

The staff was very friendly and I felt safe. Was I blown away by the hotel? No, it was average. But, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the location to the Metro can't be beat. I feel comfortable recommending this hotel to anyone who is looking for a reasonably priced hotel to rest their heads after a long day of sightseeing in DC. DC has so much to offer, you won't be spending too much time in the hotel anyway!

Room Tip: The Executive level was a bonus since it included the breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
HiltonArlingtonVA, Director of Sales at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

The Hilton Arlington would like to thank you for your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed their stay and took advantage of our Ballston Metro Location. We do agree that upgrading to the Executive Level does have it perks especially in our Executive Lounge which offers morning breakfast items, complimentary soft drinks, light evening refreshments, and complimentary internet. In fact, on Tuesday evenings from 5:30p.m. – 7:30p.m. all Hilton Honors guest are invited to the Managers Reception. On Wednesday evenings from 5:30p.m. – 7:30p.m. we offer freshly-baked cookies in the lobby to all of our Hilton Arlington guests. We do hope that we have the opportunity to host you and your family on a future visit.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Arlington for a business trip and was pleased with my stay. The staff at the hotel are very helpful and friendly, from the people at the front desk to the housekeepers to the banquet servers. The hotel is clean and conveniently located to shopping and restaurants. I do think it's a bit pricey - probably wouldn't pay for it for a personal trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for selecting the Hilton Arlington for your recent stay. Our staff is committed to exceeding guest expectations and we are pleased that you were able to experience their level of service. For companies with frequent travelers, you may contact the Hilton Arlington (VA) directly to establish a Corporate Negotiated Rate for future stays which would save your company money on future stays at the Hilton Arlington. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

For the sake of not going completely negative here (although I easily could), I will say that the Ballston Metro stop, literally right out the hotel front door, is quite convenient. This convenience, however, does not nearly justify the minimum $300.00 per night rate, the $17.00 per day parking fee, the $29.00 taxes per night on that $300.00 per night room, and the following negatives.
I'll start small. No fridge in the rooms, and, if you have kids, no pool. If you're one of those that does not prefer to utilize the coffee maker in your room, and you'd like to go down to the lobby for coffee, at, say, 6:00am, you'll not find any. Nor will you find the hotel's restaurant open at that hour. There is a small bakery/coffee shop/deli/store right off the lobby, which advertises that it'll be open at 7:00am, however, the opening at 7:00am part shouldn't be taken seriously. So, for coffee, in the morning, you'll most likely have to walk a bit. Starbucks is the closest, about 1/2 a block away. Or just make coffee in your room.
Maybe I should have mentioned at the beginning that I was here for four nights. Which leads me to possibly the most annoying idiosyncrasy I've ever experienced in a hotel; the doors to the rooms. When you open the door to your room, it must close, correct? Well, once you open the door to your room, unless you guide the door completely closed with your hand, it will slam, and I mean SLAM shut. So, at like 11:30pm or midnight'ish, or later, when many people are coming back to their rooms, you can imagine the cacophony of slamming doors one must listen to, because one will be having difficulty sleeping. After four nights I could tell that others found this highly annoying hotel trait also annoying, and I could tell that some were making an effort to guide their doors closed quietly. I don't think I've emphasized adequately the level of SLAM when it comes to the doors closing, but...
I could have kept going with the smaller annoyances, but I need room for this next part and I fear I'm going to run out. So, when I check in on Wednesday afternoon I'm informed that the Hilton needs a credit card, and that a $400.00 fee needs to be initially withdrawn. Ok fine, but I inform the clerk behind the counter that I want to charge two nights to this particular credit card, then the other two nights to a different card. I didn't see this as an advanced-level request. So she asks for the other card (this one directly attached to my checking account), and I give it her. Based on the amount of the time she looks at the computer I get the sense she has no freakin' idea what she's doing. She asks her partner for assitance. This other front desk employee looks at the screen, the two exchange a few words, and they BOTH assure me that my request is properly set up. Come Saturday night I stop at the front desk to make sure I have the first two nights on one card, and the second two nights on the other. A totally different employee assures me that it is. Can you sense the hammer falling?
So come Sunday morning there's a receipt under my door saying that the total settled amount is $1,380.00, and that my balance due is a nice round $0.00.
I go to my banks website Tuesday morning (two days after checking out) and discover that my checking account is currently in the negative to the tune of $469.00, with an available balance of $0.00. Long story short, I call the front desk and get transferred to the "finance departement." The entire stay was charged to my checking account card. I could still charge half the stay to my original credit card, but what's the point, because a refund could not be transferred to my checking account card because the current balance is less than zero. Don't ask. Good thing I get paid tomorrow.
Bottom line: stay anywhere, ANYWHERE, but at the Arlington Virginia Hilton.

Room Tip: Don't ever, for any reason, stay at the Arlington Virginia Hilton.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim461
HiltonArlingtonVA, Director of Sales at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay with the Hilton Arlington! We have had an extremely busy March and are glad that you were able to find availability. Although the guest rooms are not permanently equipped with refrigerators in rooms, we do have them available upon guest request. While we do not have a pool on property, the Hilton Arlington does recommend using the pool at a nearby facility within walking distance. In fact, we recommend to our guests traveling with their families that they take advantage of the Ballston Common Mall, Kettler Iceplex, Regal movie theater, and the Metro, which are all connected to the Hilton Arlington via the atrium and/or skywalk. We do offer complimentary coffee each morning in our lobby beginning at 6:30a.m. For our earlier risers, we do have coffee makers in each guest room, or the option of ordering breakfast through the hotel’s room service beginning as early as 6:00a.m.

We are disappointed to read that you we did not exceed your expectations with our check out process and truly apologize for your inconvenience with your billing. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to use reviews such as this as a training tool/experience for our staff and new hires. We would love to welcome you back so that we can have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

This was a nice hotel and a nice room. I'm used to staying in cheaper hotels, so this was an enjoyable change. However, for the price, I expected excellent quality. My main complaint was the fact that the flat screen TV was not HD (not that I had much time to watch it, but still). Anyone who owns a flat screen TV knows that if it isn't HD, the picture quality is terrible, and this certainly was the case. In addition, there were very few channel options. For $200 per night, this is simply unacceptable.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Arlington, Virginia. We are excited to inform you that we are in the process of upgrading to HD programing, which will also include more channels for our travelers. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy our new HD programing.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Been staying here for 4 weeks. Overall, great service - that's what pushed it up a rating point, but some negatives, in my humble opinion:

* Week 1: Consistently told at check-in that they "upgraded" me to a club floor room because of my diamond hhonors status. I had to remind them that I paid for that type of room - wasn't an "upgrade". Finally, counter person gave me a suite because I wasn't buying their "upgrade" lingo...Also, loud A/C, would crank on at random hours of the night. Woke up every night at 2am when it cranked on. No room service menu in room, but no biggie. Delivered it when I called for it. Stayed 4 nights - my reservation was for three nights at one rate and the 4th night at a lower rate. Of course, the folio didn't reflect this (had all 4 nights at higher rate). They fixed w/o much difficulty.

* Week 2: Didn't have hot water for shower one morning. Otherwise, not too bad. Their internet was pretty slow this week. Had the same rate situation this week - 3 nights at one rate, 4th night at lower rate. Hotel bill was fine on first try this time. Floor in bathroom was a bit grimy looking like no one had mopped it, good thing I had flipflops.

* Week 3: Preassigned me to smallest room possible in hotel (despite my hhonors status). After calling down to complain, they fixed the situation quickly. Good size king room on club floor (why they didn't just preassign it to me in the first place is beyond me). Internet died for a few days this week. Hotel was really apologetic about it, so that's fine. Had the same rate situation this week - however, folio was wrong (AGAIN) like week 1. When I called down about it, the lady was like "I don't see that on your reservation, but I believe you". I was a bit offended she would even say something like that - i offered to show her my email confirmation but she declined. They fixed the folio / room rate for the 4th night after I called. Floor in bathroom seemed a bit grimy, again, good thing for flip flops. Asked that they don't stick me in a tiny room for following week.

* Week 4: Gave me same room as Week 3 (happy with that). Everything was fine this week. However, i just noticed that they overcharged me on my last night AGAIN. I didn't notice it when I checked out, but only after I got home. Something is definitely up.... if you stay 4 nights (Mon-Thur), you probably have most nights at one rate and the last night at a lower rate on your reservation. However, it may be different on your bill. FYI!

Overall, great service. People are super nice for the most part and very helpful. The lady in the exec lounge (i forgot her name.. oops) is super nice to all guests and she has a great rapport with everyone. Top notch service there! Also, one of the greeters in the evenings (I believe his name is Keith) is great as well. So, the service makes up for the little inconsistencies. You wouldn't notice many of them if you stayed for only a few days, but since I've been there for 15 days, I've started to see some of the same ones pop up...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business