WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“A bit torn on the rating... Great service for the most part, but some minuses” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Arlington

Hilton Arlington
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Arlington
Houston, Texas
“A bit torn on the rating... Great service for the most part, but some minuses”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

Been staying here for 4 weeks. Overall, great service - that's what pushed it up a rating point, but some negatives, in my humble opinion:

* Week 1: Consistently told at check-in that they "upgraded" me to a club floor room because of my diamond hhonors status. I had to remind them that I paid for that type of room - wasn't an "upgrade". Finally, counter person gave me a suite because I wasn't buying their "upgrade" lingo...Also, loud A/C, would crank on at random hours of the night. Woke up every night at 2am when it cranked on. No room service menu in room, but no biggie. Delivered it when I called for it. Stayed 4 nights - my reservation was for three nights at one rate and the 4th night at a lower rate. Of course, the folio didn't reflect this (had all 4 nights at higher rate). They fixed w/o much difficulty.

* Week 2: Didn't have hot water for shower one morning. Otherwise, not too bad. Their internet was pretty slow this week. Had the same rate situation this week - 3 nights at one rate, 4th night at lower rate. Hotel bill was fine on first try this time. Floor in bathroom was a bit grimy looking like no one had mopped it, good thing I had flipflops.

* Week 3: Preassigned me to smallest room possible in hotel (despite my hhonors status). After calling down to complain, they fixed the situation quickly. Good size king room on club floor (why they didn't just preassign it to me in the first place is beyond me). Internet died for a few days this week. Hotel was really apologetic about it, so that's fine. Had the same rate situation this week - however, folio was wrong (AGAIN) like week 1. When I called down about it, the lady was like "I don't see that on your reservation, but I believe you". I was a bit offended she would even say something like that - i offered to show her my email confirmation but she declined. They fixed the folio / room rate for the 4th night after I called. Floor in bathroom seemed a bit grimy, again, good thing for flip flops. Asked that they don't stick me in a tiny room for following week.

* Week 4: Gave me same room as Week 3 (happy with that). Everything was fine this week. However, i just noticed that they overcharged me on my last night AGAIN. I didn't notice it when I checked out, but only after I got home. Something is definitely up.... if you stay 4 nights (Mon-Thur), you probably have most nights at one rate and the last night at a lower rate on your reservation. However, it may be different on your bill. FYI!

Overall, great service. People are super nice for the most part and very helpful. The lady in the exec lounge (i forgot her name.. oops) is super nice to all guests and she has a great rapport with everyone. Top notch service there! Also, one of the greeters in the evenings (I believe his name is Keith) is great as well. So, the service makes up for the little inconsistencies. You wouldn't notice many of them if you stayed for only a few days, but since I've been there for 15 days, I've started to see some of the same ones pop up...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lcnyc123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Marblehead, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

A nice, comfortable room in a hotel that's steps from a Metro station. A short ride and you are in the heart of the District. A slightly longer ride that requires a change of trains has you at Reagan Airport in short order.
The dining room is overpriced (aren't they all?) for breakfast but we had a nice dinner one night that was quite reasonable by Washington standards.
I happened to check the room's safety placard that is supposed to show where your room is relative to the elevators and stairs, and no room is marked on it. We were in 635.
Front desk staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. But housekeeping should be chided for allowing food trays to sit in the corridors for too long.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonArlingtonVA, Director of Sales at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
We appreciate your business and want thank you for choosing the Hilton Arlington for your recent stay. Our Ballston Metro location is a huge feature of the hotel allowing guests the opportunity to conveniently visit many of the Washington, DC, attractions and businesses with the benefit of saving time and money. We are delighted to hear that you did enjoy a nice dinner in our Dan and Brad’s restaurant. Dan and Brad’s just recently updated their menus to the Chef’s signature Chesapeake specialties. We appreciate your feedback and will be certain to share your comments with all Departments.
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

There's a reason why I prefer Hilton hotels and this property is a prime example. Rarely am I ever asked "How was your stay?" But the desk staff did and it wasn't forced. It's the small things like this that make a big difference. Sure, the rooms are clean and very comfortable but a hotel stay goes beyond that. Like the bartender offering a complimentary glass of wine that you were talking with him about. Like each staff member greeting you with a hello and smile. The employees seem genuinly interested in your stay and enjoy working there. My only complaint was that the Executive lounge wasn't open on weekends. Beyond that minor drawback my stay was perfect.

Room Tip: Reserve or ask for an Alcove room. They're at the end of the hallway and the most quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank irishguyinaz
The Hilton Arlington appreciates your business and feedback. We are pleased to hear that you were able to experience our staff’s genuine hospitality during your stay. Our bartenders at the Hilton Arlington have been with us for many years and love to talk about their favorite wines and beverages and share that with our guests. In fact, they know most of our guests by name! Thank you again for your feedback, I will be sure to share with all our departments. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stayed here as part of a business trip that was located very close to the Hilton Arlington. I found it to be very convenient and also very comfortable. It is located right near the Metro which you can take to/from Reagan National Airport, and cab rides are not too long as well.

I found the service to be incredibly helpful and very accommodating. When I arrived there was also a large group of high-school age students, so at check-in they were able to put me on a quieter floor, which was greatly appreciated. Also, upon check-out there were some discrepancies about the room rate (it was much higher than what I was quoted) but they were able to correct that right away without any problems.

The rooms were very comfortable, with a pleasant decor and plenty of space. The walls were thin but in general there was minimal noise from the hallway and other rooms. The bed was super comfortable.

There is a restaurant in the hotel, but I didn't eat there as there are many places to eat in the area. If you want a quick breakfast there is a Starbucks within the same building. Also, there is a skybridge which you can take to nearby buildings and the mall, as well as the fitness center. Wifi is available only with a charge, which is a minus.

For a business in the area, the hotel is very convenient. I will definitely return if I have to visit Arlington again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonArlingtonVA, Director of Sales at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for the great compliments! We appreciate your business and your review. The Hilton Arlington’s location is one of its many great features, along with our spacious guest rooms. It would be my pleasure to share your positive comments with all departments and their team members. We do hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guests in the near future.
Battle Ground WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last week. A couple blocks away from my meetings so the location was perfect, but wouldn't be my top choice of Hotel in the DC area. The hotel was clean, employees friendly, but just didn't feel like the normal Hilton Quality.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Erik M
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Arlington and providing us with your feedback! We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stayed for New Year's weekend and we paid over $180 a night. Personally, I felt that's over priced for this hotel.

The staff was friendly and accommodating. The hotel reserved a private car to take us to the airport. The cost was same for a cab but in a nicer and cleaner car.

The king room was rather small and the shower was dated.

Maybe we paid a lot for New Year's weekend, but the cost could come down at least $50.

• Stayed December 2011
New York City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

Hilton is not my favorite chain and there are lots of nearby options in downtown Arlington. But at least this hotel has room service in addition to clean, well-appointed rooms. It is close to everything and the staff is accommodating. Parking is easy--but on the expensive side. This is a good choice for business trips,

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business